Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Game Maker tournament mode and progressive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Game Maker tournament mode and progressive  (Read 10521 times)
homelesspizza
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »

I recently performed a successful safeRAM clear and was able to change the denoms and double down option. However, when I go into the menus for tournament mode and progressive, I am able to set my options but they do not appear when I play a game. I have tried setting tourney mode for kitty, timer, and both with no success. Am I missing something? Thanks 
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »

NLG Welcome homelesspizza wave

Great name. Pizza Slice I'm always willing to give a wayward pizza a good home. yummy propeller

I've never set up tournament mode, but I believe that you have to have special game chips that support it for that option to work.

The progressive option can be tricky to set up the first time and it doesn't work with all Mains. Do you know which Mains you have installed?

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
homelesspizza
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:39:11 AM »

Where on the CPU board are the mains located? There is no way for me to set up tournaments on a V7200 without a special chip?
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:00 AM »

M0 and M1. Or you can go into the setup/test menus and check. It's in the diagnostic menu/ memory test / EPROM checksums.

I can tell you that 24 Mains don't support internal progressives. bawling

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
homelesspizza
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

M0: 2FC6              M1000A           0604-20

M1: 18F8              M4000A           0604-20

What does this mean for tournament possibilites as well?
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:32:27 PM »

M0: 2FC6              M1000A           0604-20

M1: 18F8              M4000A           0604-20

What does this mean for tournament possibilites as well.

Tourney mode:  If I remember, you have to have the tourney chips. There are 3. Poker, slots, and keno. I have never seen the keno tourney chip. If anyone has it, I am still looking.  You also have to install a switch, key or other.  This sets the time/credits for tourney play.

If you have an upright machine the wires for this switch are located behind your bill validator, and are labeled. Anyway mine are. You will also find speaker connections for the deluxe sound board there.

Your mains are 20. Good for true tokenization. My nickels are worth 100 credits.

I think your mains support progressives.

Richard
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:17:17 PM by ricker » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »

M0: 2FC6              M1000A           0604-20

M1: 18F8              M4000A           0604-20

What does this mean for tournament possibilites as well.

Tourney mode:  If I remember, you have to have the tourney chips. There are 3. Poker, slots, and keno. I have never seen the keno tourney chip. If anyone has it, I am still looking.  You also have to install a switch, key or other.  This sets the time/credits for tourney play.

If you have an upright machine the wires for this switch are located behind your bill validator, and are labeled. Anyway mine are. You will also find speaker connections for the deluxe sound board there.

Your mains are 20. Good for true tokenization. My nickels are worth 100 credits.

I think your mains support progressives.

Richard
Agree with Post  The 20T's support internal progressives. I've never seen a tourney chip.

ricker

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »

"The 20T's support internal progressives. I've never seen a tourney chip."

I guess the terms are important here. I just ramble on. Tourney chip=Game eprom. The tourney games are just like any other single game installed. It's the payback %

Poker 1492.1% (Any single pair wins 75, a full house, 1000, etc.)
Slots  1958.1% (Stars and Bars)
Keno  2514.37% (40 ball)

Richard

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:44:32 PM by ricker » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »

"The 20T's support internal progressives. I've never seen a tourney chip."

I guess the terms are important here. I just ramble on. Tourney chip=Game eprom. The tourney games are just like any other single game installed. It's the payback %

Poker 1492.1% (Any single pair wins 75, a full house, 1000, etc.)
Slots  1958.1% (Stars and Bars)
Keno  2514.37% (40 ball)

Richard

I understood you. I guess I was also too vague. Tongue Out

What are the chip numbers for those?

ricker

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »

Chippie #'s

Poker SMI P0461

Slots  SMI Z7340

Keno SMI  K0034

Richard wave
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Chippie #'s

Poker SMI P0461

Slots  SMI Z7340

Keno SMI  K0034

Richard wave

Thanks. wave  I learned something today. propeller

I owe you a  +1 (Karma, or whatever) (It hasn't been 12 hours yet.)

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »

Messed around today with the tournament stuff for the gamemaker.
I have a ton of PSR's and checked them all for other tournament games. Only the one's noted above were found in my files.
I set-up one machine with the P0461 chip since that is the only one of the three that I had. The machine is fun to play and now I have tournament rounds with my wife. She usually wins.
A machine can be set up with different tournament games and you can select the play order, time limits and break time between games. Since I only have the one game chip I could not test those features.

I did look at the programing between a regular game and a tournament and was able to pick out some of the code that makes the machine know it's a tournament chip. I the took a James Bond 007 file and changed that coding hoping to be able to play that game as a tournament.  No such luck at this time.  no
The machine will recognize it as a tournament game, but I'm missing the coding for setting the time and coin play. Without two tournament chips to compare I can't see where that data is located on the files.

If anyone has other tournament chips that they want to sell, please PM me.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cooptown
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »

Hey Ricker,

I have the three tourney chips and 23 mains.  I was wondering if you could describe this this switch a little more.  I think this may be why it won't give me an option to change tourney mode on during reset.  How do I buy this switch if I don't have one? Mine is a 7200.  I bought mine from Ford (a regular poster here) and he installed a Cash Encounters sound card and deluxe sound speaker from behind the bill validator.   

This is from your earlier post....

"Tourney mode:  If I remember, you have to have the tourney chips. There are 3. Poker, slots, and keno. I have never seen the keno tourney chip. If anyone has it, I am still looking.  You also have to install a switch, key or other.  This sets the time/credits for tourney play.

If you have an upright machine the wires for this switch are located behind your bill validator, and are labeled. Anyway mine are. You will also find speaker connections for the deluxe sound board there."

These tournament chips sound awesome.  I hope I can make it work! 

Thanks,
Ben
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.