Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Old post help for upside down 1492 monitor picture
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old post help for upside down 1492 monitor picture  (Read 2622 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: September 11, 2011, 03:59:58 AM »

Hi guys.Hate to ask questions from old posts, but I just need some better definition in solving the problem. I have a 1492 bar top monitor that I installed in an upright PE+. After the install, the picture was upside down. I know I could just turn the monitor 180, but saw the old post about switching the yolk wires and wanted to try this to solve the problem. The post was referring to switching yolk wires. It doesn't say if the final picture is the before, after, solves the inverted picture problem or upside down problem Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head  Red wire on the end, blue on the other or next to the red Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head. If anybody can supply an answer and/or pictures I'd appreciated it. Also do you have to discharge the tube before performing the wire switch lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt? Does the wire switching cause any other problems?Another question. After I installed it, it appears to have thin lines running from the top right corner to the lower left corner and are about an inch apart. Could this be a high voltage problem that could be corrected at the flyback? Thanks for any and all help.

Chris      

* monitor #1-1.jpg (209.14 KB, 382x640 - viewed 253 times.)

* monitor #2.jpg (209.54 KB, 382x640 - viewed 241 times.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:33:11 AM by 89chevyman » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=247.msg1954#msg1954

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

Or just loosen the clamp on the yolk and spin it 180 degrees
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »

Ok guys,
  Swapped the red w/blue wire. Hooked back up, upside down AND inverted. Switched the red & blue back, switched the other two, hooked back up right side up, BUT still inverted Scratch Head Scratch Head. The last thing I will try is switching the red & blue again and leave the other two where they are. If this doesn't work, all wires go back to the original place and I will then 180 the tube, IF everything is not inverted Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.