Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Need to convert from coin to coinless
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need to convert from coin to coinless  (Read 7346 times)
David K
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »

Does anyone know of a kit to convert my s2000 diamond 10 from putting coins in the machine to using bills or some other coinless operation? Also, how do I set the percentage to pay more often?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »

David  The only thing you are going to need is a Key chip.  I recommend a Key 31.

If your wanting to completley remove the coin head, I have some chrome plates to block off the hole.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
David K
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:07:20 PM »

I have an s2000 diamond 10 machine that I would like to change from using coins to either using bills or some other way to ring up credits? Also, how do I set the percentages to pay out more often?

ADMIN NOTE: I have merged your two topics into one to prevent confusion or answers in different areas. There is no need to post similar information and questions twice. CH CaptainHappy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:21:35 PM by CaptainHappy » Logged
David K
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »

David  The only thing you are going to need is a Key chip.  I recommend a Key 31.

If your wanting to completley remove the coin head, I have some chrome plates to block off the hole.
Where can I obtain a Key 31?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »

NLG Welcome  Check with vendors @ top of page. Jim @ Blue Ridge should have.
Post in classified section.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:20:45 PM by FORDSBS » Logged
David K
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »

NLG Welcome  Check with vendors @ top of page. Jim @ Blue Ridge should have.
Post in classified section.
I am new to slots so please elaborate. What does a key 31 chip do? I am a retired electronics tech. so I do know about chips etc.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »

It's a chip that opens a programming path to the machine for making changes to differant aspects of game operation. On an S2000 you don't really need to key it to not take coins though, you just need to change hopper limit to 0 so it doesn't try to pay out in coins if somebody hits the cashout button. As far as the coin head, you can just remove it and put a blank cover over where it was, leaving the comparitor and hopper in the machine will make no differance as long as the hopper limit is set correctly. Hopper limit can be changed without keying, you just have to have 0 credits on the machine to do it
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »

You might want to add a printer if you're going to run coinless. You can also check the current payout percentage without a key chip. It might already be set to the highest payout.

Keep in mind that 10 times pay is a very high volatility/low hit frequency game by design. If you want your machine to have frequent low payouts (which will be at the expense of larger payouts), you'll need to change games.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
David K
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »

Maybe I didn't explain my situation good enough. Cowboygames said to set the hopper to 0 and Statfreak said to check the %, it may already be at it's highest.

I just received the machine a day ago. I am very new to slot machines. I bought the machine from Rocky Mountain Slots. They didn't provide a users manual, just the schematics and the setup for sound. So please explain what menu item has the hopper setup and the percentage setup. Or if it would be too complicated to do here, where can I get a manual that shows the menu layout.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »

With main door open

press the white test button on the front of the MPU tray.
 press cash out button 6 times  to key chip config.
 Press spin button 2 times to game selection 7.1.2
 press spin button one time you should see the % payout. ( If multi denom press call button for % of each denom )

I'm about 95% sure you need a key chip to change the %. If your going to buy a key 31 I suggest also getting a 97 clear chip at the same time. Another suggestion, give the clear chip to your wife and have her hide it from you. At sometime you may need it, just not as often as you will think you do.

Hopper limit

press test button
   "    cash out button 3 times
   "    spin button 2 times
   "    cash out 3 times 3.1.4
   "    spin button 1 time     With NO credits on the machine the hopper limit can now be changed using the cash out and call buttons. I would suggest       after setting the hopper  limit, press press cash out button for each of jackpot, credit, and bill limits ( bill limit has a Max setting of $3,000 )

If you run into problems, PM me your phone number and I will call you.

David K
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »

Thanks everyone for all your help. I guess I'll have to go back to where I bought the machine to get their kit so I won't have to use coins to rack up the credits. Thanks again to all.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »

If all you want is to go coinless where you can just push a button to put credits on
go to http://www.rudysdeals.com/ and ask John about it. I got some from him that
all you do is push a button to put credits on. It's his FREE PLAY kit for 2000.
Ford
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »

This is what it looks like.
EASY to hook up.

* 100_0660.JPG (844.91 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 385 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »

Ford  I talked to him in a PM and I think when he gets a Key chip, we will make it give him a hundard dollars credits for one coin. That way he won't even need paper money.

Matter of fact I don't think anyone has ask David if he even has a BV !!

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

. Buzz , that's the way to go.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:22:55 PM by FORDSBS » Logged
David K
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »

Thank You all very much! I'm going to get the key 31 and 97 chips and when they come in I will contact Buzz for the setup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.