Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  Trying to come up with a better way to mount my topper to my S2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to come up with a better way to mount my topper to my S2000  (Read 2715 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« on: September 18, 2011, 03:30:15 AM »

The toppper I am referring to is the one in avatar or profile picture

I partially disassembled the topper to do this mounting method. Only had to disassemble it a couple times to finalize my wiring harness. I remove the U shaped bracket that comes on the bottom this topper
I mounted it using the following parts:
IGT candle base
one of the clear candle tubes which I wrapped with one layer of black electrical tape
3" threaded rods and nuts that matched the threads in the candle base
2 flat T-brackets on the inside bottom of the topper.
I threaded the rods into the candle base enough that when the candle base sits on the machine I could properly install the nuts and make the base tight to the machine in place of the candle
I rested the topper on the tube placed the T-brackets on the threaded rods and secured with nuts.
This mount works ok, my only issuse is the topper tilts back a bit, because they angled the bottom, sides and most of the top except the candle area.

Last night I made a modification
I reinstalled the bracket that came with the topper but I do not have mount that goes on the machine that the bracket fits.
one T-bracket inside the topper flat against the bottom of the topper.
placed the candle base against the bottom horizontal part of the topper bracket and adjusted the threaded rods so they go through the T-bracket and allow proper nut installation.
the wiring is routed logically through the bottom of the topper, bracket, candle base and machine (same that a candle wiring is routed.
the topper does not tip back now.

Any one have a better Idea
Something that I can buy or have some one make for me.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:01:49 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »

I'm not sure if I totally understand what you currently have, but I mounted a topper like yours on my S+ -- you can see it in the second, third, and fourth pictures in this post.

I used the same mount that Dan #2 had shown you previously (here), which I got by placing an ad in the Classifieds section.  I honestly don't remember who I bought it from, though -- that was a while back.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »

I have the bracket that came with the topper that fits inside mount you are referring too.
I removed the black connector from my topper
I built a good replacement harness for the Power and Netplex signals and extended the candle by using the wiring from a candle.

IF I could find those for a Round Top and 9" Top boxes I would be all set.
No harnesses needed
Thing is I have not seen any listed for a while.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:06:46 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.