Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  IGT Model 701 Draw Poker 1982
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Model 701 Draw Poker 1982  (Read 10063 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: September 18, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »

Someone has this listed IGT model 701 draw poker on Craigslist and says it all works other than the appearance of the screen, which looks worse (from the photo) than it actually appears in person. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? She's asking $150 for it. Any idea?

* igtpoker.jpg (6.74 KB, 225x300 - viewed 2902 times.)

* igtscreen.jpg (196.72 KB, 933x696 - viewed 506 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »

ANYONE know ANYTHING on this IGT? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I've bought something like this before and it ended up being wiring repair and connector re-seating but I'm not so sure about this and I'm not an expert by any means. One of you 17 viewers must know something. Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »

Well I bought it anyway...for $40.
HEAVY for such a small machine. I'll dig into it tonight after work.
davidgeorge58
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »

I used to work on those in vegas  in the 90s i did see this problem before  but i can t remember the  fix ! try the finger conectors on the main pcb when you take it out look to see if any are bent .
 David
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »

Thanks David! I was hoping to start tonight but too tired from work. Tomorrow will be the day to at least vacuum out the cobwebs in it. It was stored in a garage for a few years. I bought this from a guy who said it was owned by his grandmother and that she had "other old slots" somewhere! I'm hoping I'll hear from him again.
davidgeorge58
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »

I wish i could remember more about that game !
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »

Me too since I may have a barrage of questions for you soon...see, you shouldn't have spilled the beans that know know anything about that machine...  Silly Me!
I still haven't gotten to it yet...need to finish my very late, after early work morning coffee!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »

I see a thread on this machine...it's also know as a Fortune 1. There was reference to a manual here on NLG but I have no idea how to access that area. Anyone know? I've already got a lot of this machine working although the hopper keeps paying off too much and goes into a hopper time out mode.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:19:51 AM »

You've Got Mail   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »

THANK YOU Buzz!
Here's a picture of what I've done so far...just dirty pots in the video sections and some of the connectors. The hopper kept randomly running - I just bent the metal bar that clicks the switch and now, so far, it's paying out fine. Just need to replace the upper fluorescent lights and figure out why only the COLLECT WINNINGS and PLAY 5 COINS lights work and the others don't. Maybe just the bulbs?
The sounds are weird...variable but sound on a win or lose?
Oh...and it's says 5 cents...need to change that.

UPDATE: I cleaned the hell out of it and tomorrow I'm going to get the upper lights for it and replace the one button light that is out. I found out that the hold/draws aren't illuminated. Other than no sound on win or lose outcome, it seems to work fine. Maybe it never does make sound for those? Otherwise it DOES make goofy sounds each time you insert a coin.
I guess I should post this on the "found on Craigslist" just for fun.
Not too bad a deal for $40 and thank you again Buzz for the manual.

* IMG_1686.JPG (1211.46 KB, 2048x3072 - viewed 990 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:39:17 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

Since the last picture, I bought two replacement fluorescent bulbs for the top light. I installed them just now and for some reason the screen changed into a much better display. Now those vertical lines are gone and the colors are different for each card, as they probably should be. I have no idea why this happened. Anyone know? Could the contact cleaner (that I sprayed lightly) in the video color adjustment worked in a little better? I don't know enough about this stuff!

UPDATE AGAIN: I got the front button cover off and learned the HOLD/CANCEL buttons are not illuminated. I had two spare bulbs and replaced the burned out DEAL DRAW and BET 1 COIN light. I noticed that the COLLECT WINNINGS was kind of dim...and then noticed that the non-illuminated HOLD/CANCEL buttons had sockets for bulbs. They wouldn't have? Yes, there are brand new 1982 bulbs in each of those sockets! Of course, I just ordered new bulbs but, oh well, now I will have plenty of spares!

* IMG_1690a.jpg (549.71 KB, 1911x1450 - viewed 905 times.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:23:57 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.