Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:15:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Help needed on PE+ multipoker slant top hopper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help needed on PE+ multipoker slant top hopper  (Read 2555 times)
markalex99
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:21:08 AM »

I have a PE+ slant top multigame video poker. The hopper doesnt work. Since I have a second machine, I tested the hopper in the "good" machine and it works perfectly. I thought the problem might be the wiring connection but I have a spare set of wiring which I swapped in and still couldnt get to work. The hopper doesnt make any noise at all. If I try to do a hopper test, after a few seconds of nothing, I am told the hopper is empty but there are plenty of quarters in it. Any suggestions out there???
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »

Welcome to the site. 

NLG Welcome

Well, you've done some great troubleshooting already -- the wiring was the first thing that came to my mind after you said that the hopper tested good in another machine.

I've never run into this issue, but it sounds like your hopper isn't getting any power in the problem machine.  Without a machine in front of me I don't have a lot to offer, but I guess I'd check all of the fuses (with the power off, test them with a multi-meter) first.  If all of the fuses are good, am I correct in assuming that the wiring from the hopper plugs into the motherboard (the fixed board inside of the machine)?  That might be the culprit. 

Are you sure that your spare wiring harness/hopper plug are good?  It'd be a minor pain, but you might want to put one of those into your working machine to make sure there isn't a hidden problem there.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »

two areas too check,  make sure the hopper plug wasn't installed up side down,  compare the pin configuration with the good machine.  the second area is the SSR  relay,  its usually red, later ones were black, it should be located underneath the protective metal grill (where the power cord plug into the machine).  the board tells the SSR to energize , in doing so, it applies 115vac to the hopper motor.  check that all four wires are pushed on to their respective posts. REMEMBER  WHEN THE POWER IS ON YOU HAVE A LIVE 115VAC PRESENT ON ONE OF THOSE POSTS.
SSR= Solid state relay

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »

K+ to Jim for the great information.  Clap

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.