Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  New Member - 1st time slot owner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member - 1st time slot owner  (Read 8346 times)
oldsrocket88
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:40 AM »

Hello all. I would just like to introduce myself. I'm Joe and I just purchased my 1st Slot machine!  Ecstatic / Top Award

It is an IGT Munsters s2000 (I think from what I'm learning from this site) I love it and am excited to learn all about it.

I truly know NOTHING about slots other than I loose my money in them. I didn't even know what the Jackpot key was for untill I received a general tilt warning on the 1st day I had it home and read a bit on the forum!

So here's a quick pic (I hope) and I'm sure I'll have a list of questions soon Cheesy

* slot.jpg (1474.68 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 349 times.)
Hotrodslots69
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

If all the smoke gets out it won't work anymore!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:44:00 AM »

Welcome to our dysfunctional family, the people  we have here, more than likely we be able to help you with and problems you may run into!! Looks like a awesome machine enjoy!!!!!

The Wave NLG Welcome The Wave

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »

Congratulations

Always glad to meet others with the same Ailment !
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:24:37 AM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »

Hello all. I would just like to introduce myself.
I'm Joe and I just purchased my 1st Slot machine!  Ecstatic / Top Award

Believe me...it won't be the last machine you'll own...  rotflmao

Welcome to NewLifeGames !!!   Cool Thumbs-Up 

tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »

Welcome to  nlg  oldsrocket88  wave

I have to say, that was a very nice choice for a 1st Machine!  yes

Thank God for Friends!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:34:13 AM »

I have to say, that was a very nice choice for a 1st Machine!  yes
Agree with Post

Awesome game.  Enjoy it!

Welcome to the site -- you've found the hands-down best resource for home ownership of slot machines.  We're glad to have you here!   yes

NLG Welcome

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:25:31 AM »

Welcome!  That's a heck of a first machine!  Congrats!

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
oldsrocket88
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »

Thanks everyone! I love this machine, and I know this addiction will grow just like my Oldsmobile addiction (4 going on 5) and my Soda machine addition (4).

This is what happens when you don't have a common sence filter, or other people call them wives. Wink
oldsrocket88
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »

Jason

Thanks, I saw you have one too (curved top, multi-denom?) was that you? Very nice. I wish my reels looked that good.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »

Jason

Thanks, I saw you have one too (curved top, multi-denom?) was that you? Very nice. I wish my reels looked that good.

Yep that's me.  Truth is, I only have one S2000 and a bunch of kits that I swap in and out of it.  See my signature for video footage of my kits.  Anyway, yes, you'll most likely get the fever too as you get to know the gang out here.  I'm about done with my S2000 kit collecting, but one never knows.  It's a fun group out here, and again, welcome.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

and my Soda machine addition (4)

What kind of soda machines do you have?  I have a wall-mountable Coinco CT-48 (although it's currently just sitting in storage).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »

Thanks, I went and googled coinco CT-48 and now I want one. I've been thinking about a beer er... ugh.... soda machine for a while now but didn't want a giant machine that wouldn't fit in my basement.

Now I'll have to research and find a smaller type like that to get. My gf is going to be so excited that I want to buy something new  Cry Laughing
oldsrocket88
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »

Thanks, I went and googled coinco CT-48 and now I want one. I've been thinking about a beer er... ugh.... soda machine for a while now but didn't want a giant machine that wouldn't fit in my basement.

Now I'll have to research and find a smaller type like that to get. My gf is going to be so excited that I want to buy something new  Cry Laughing
and my Soda machine addition (4)

What kind of soda machines do you have?  I have a wall-mountable Coinco CT-48 (although it's currently just sitting in storage).

I have 1 coke & 1 pepsi Vendo square tops (6 select cans, circa early 70's) a Westinghouse coke "skinny" (aprox 1965 takes bottles or cans 4 select) and a Dixie-Narco Dr Pepper (early 80's 5 select cans with burgandy "pleather" front)

They live in the Garage with the Oldsmobiles Cheesy
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »

I have 1 coke & 1 pepsi Vendo square tops (6 select cans, circa early 70's) a Westinghouse coke "skinny" (aprox 1965 takes bottles or cans 4 select) and a Dixie-Narco Dr Pepper (early 80's 5 select cans with burgandy "pleather" front)

They live in the Garage with the Oldsmobiles Cheesy

Please Post Pictures

enquiring minds want to know!  yes

Thank God for Friends!!!
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 01:24:21 AM »

Here's mine..... I don't know how old it is ?

* pepsi machine1.jpg (493.49 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 341 times.)
oldsrocket88
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:55 AM »

Thats a nice Pepsi machine... early 70's I'd guess. I'll get a pic of mine up asap.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

I believe that's a Dixie Narco 250 model.   All the Dixies' have that type designation.  the 250 refers to the amount of cans it will hold.
it had two other types in that series, a 360 and 420 model.

plenty of parts available for those machines,  secret to keeping those machines running, keep the condenser coils clean. (the one on the bottom)  best way is to use a water hose from behind the compressor. let it dry for a few hours and your good to go.
obviously the machine would have to be outside to do this.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
oldsrocket88
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »

Here are my 2 Vendos & 1 Dixie-Narco ...the Pepsi one is in mid-repaint...hate the wood grain contact paper fronts. The Coke one WAS like that too Smiley

Hope the pic works  Scratch Head

* IMG_20111023_152435.jpg (1488.96 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 313 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.