Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Igame issue again Meter Disconnected
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Igame issue again Meter Disconnected  (Read 9150 times)
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« on: October 10, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »

i am getting a meter disconnected error
machine has been working great but when i went to play this morning ut says meter disconnected
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »

Test out by replacing with a known good working main computer board....80% chance this is your problem.  If still a no go, change out your motherboard...covers 19% chance.  If still a no go replace the meter and harness....1% chance.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
BENCHTECHBILL
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »

If it just stop working I would shut off the game and push the I/O cards in and restart the game. This should fix it. But if you have pulled the logic with the power on or installed it with the power on you may have to replace the logic board and the meter I/O card. The meter I/O card is the one with the small plug on it. Hope this helps. Remember I/O cards and Logic Boards like the power off before you touch them.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »

If it just stop working I would shut off the game and push the I/O cards in and restart the game. This should fix it. But if you have pulled the logic with the power on or installed it with the power on you may have to replace the logic board and the meter I/O card. The meter I/O card is the one with the small plug on it. Hope this helps. Remember I/O cards and Logic Boards like the power off before you touch them.

Agree with Post I agree with that the power should be off when removing or installing these boards.
But what I never understood was... why?
Is it because certain smaller electrolytic caps get blasted with surged power
or the surface mounted IC fuses blow?  Scratch Head
zarobhr

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »

i never ever pull board in or out with power on, i did reseat after issue with power off. it shut stopped over night. and machine was on. so when i walked out in the morning the call attendant /meter disconnected was on. i am in the process of swapping game chips to another Bad MPU (bad cap for sound) but at least will know where the issue lies.

Does anyone repair these boards??
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »

Good point....could be something as simple as this.  I have run into this several times with the solution almost always being a new board so I guess I have that on the brain. 

i never ever pull board in or out with power on, i did reseat after issue with power off. it shut stopped over night. and machine was on. so when i walked out in the morning the call attendant /meter disconnected was on. i am in the process of swapping game chips to another Bad MPU (bad cap for sound) but at least will know where the issue lies.

Does anyone repair these boards??

PM me and I can give you information on a company that repairs boards if that ends up being the problem.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
zarobhr

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »

tried good board and same issue but have coin in jam also, also swapped meters next i will try

from easiest to hardest

1. swap i/o's
2. try clear
3. and swap MB
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »

Coin-in jamb is a good indicator that it could be the I/O board.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

I do not recommend ever removing anything while power is on!
Accidentally a few times I have removed MPU and I/O cards with power on and not had an issue.
But I still not recommend it!
The reason I feel that I have not had any issues IGT likes to place buffering IC's between sensitive IC's and any I/O devices.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:26:06 AM »

How about a hopper or a coin tray with a speaker?  Are those ok to remove with the power on?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:37:07 AM »

I know I've had both of these errors on a Game King, and NO I don't remember how I got them to clear. I do know that I didn't buy not even one part to get them fixed.  I'm not sure but it's possible that a Game King/I Game clears errors a lot like a S 2000 open and close the door latch a few times.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 02:48:27 AM »

Tray with speaker was in reference to an S2000...sorry.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
BENCHTECHBILL
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »

The I/O's and Logic boards are not HOT SWAPABLE. The Signet on the logic board is not protected and will cause the 74C240 chip to blow. This causes Coin in Jam and Meter Disconnected. This is the most common logic board failure.

Please note it takes some skill to repace this chip. If you damage the board trying it will cost you a lot more to have it fixed. and only use a 74C240 not LS, HC, ACH, or any other type. They will not work.

I/O cards mostly blow a .1 MFD cap on the I/O board This is due to the power surge on the I/O. You will need a ZERO ohm meter or a short detector to find it.
zarobhr

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »

Just so every one knows.

I DID NOT SWAP ANYTHING WITH POWER ON.

the meter was going for a few days though seems to happen when i play 400 credits at a time and 25cents per credit. i beleive it was still counting when it stopped

the problem still exsits with a different MPU Board.

i have not swapped i/o  yet
i have not swapped MB yet
i have swapped meters

hopefully tonight i can troubleshoot further and will check the cap on I/O
zarobhr

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

problem appears to be door i/o . swapped with another door i/o and problem went away. Jim at blueridge did mention to me that both door i/o's need to be 802 and they are, my single row button machines already had 802's installed.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »

Just so every one knows.

I DID NOT SWAP ANYTHING WITH POWER ON.

I know...I just wanted to know what blows up... rotflmao
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »

Is the meter I/O the same as the cabinet I/O?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »

Is the meter I/O the same as the cabinet I/O?

I'm think you meant the "door I/O" card?
They would be both "802's" but cabinet I/O cards have different connectors from the door I/O cards.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.