Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 12:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Couldn't get past 61
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couldn't get past 61  (Read 2526 times)
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« on: January 09, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »

After clearing RAM,  S+,  put in the SP and the standard 61 came up...press the whte test button... no ding...no 61-1.  Yes.  cash can door wires tied together... traced all wires...re-checked mother board plug ins.... no bent pins.... checked game board, no bent pins... took a known working board and still couldn't get past the 61...and then,  for  no reason at all, I uplugged the white/red door optic...and machine will now do its thing... 61-1 / Ding.   re-connect door optic.  close door.  turn JP key/reset.   Game came up.  reset all the parameters.  put in BV/denom chip.   Had to unplug door optic to get to the 61-1.  reconnect door optic.  and machine is now good to go.

...Just to satisfy my curiosity,  I changed out door optics and tried the RAM Clr procedure again...but it still wouldn't get  past 61 unless I unplugged door optic.

I just thought that was an odd one of a kind problem...until....the 3rd machine down the bench... I ran into the same scenario...and had to uplug door optic etc..etc...etc...   Has anyone come across this ?    I can't recall running into this problem... after working on 100+  S+ machines. Scratch Head  what am I missing ?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »

Plugging in door optics reversed maybe....?
However that's hard to do with 2-pin molexes when one side is pointed!

I  had this problem a while back....fooled around with door optics forever....clearing rams and everything.
On one of the times I got to the code 61, pressed the test switch , closed the door and voila! IT CLEARED!

Still ,to this day, I don't know why.......lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:11:18 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:10:03 AM »

don't think so..   white/red wire optic on cabinet.   black/red optic on door.   
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:38:51 AM »

have had many odd situtations with this ckt.  two options in the door that could affect this ckt. 1- a switch mounted on the belly door.(upper lefthand cornor, as u look at the machine  )  2-a jumper plug in the harness near the point where the wire bundle goes into the cabinet. Other than that its a straight shot from the door open emtiter to pins19 -20 j203 to p203 19-20 to j3 pins   5-6------6 being  gnd 5being   door open led. J3 is on the mother board. 

you can use input test 13 to see if the door optics work.

jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.