Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Anybody got a clue????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody got a clue????  (Read 9806 times)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« on: October 24, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »

Any clues as what it is??

* photo.JPG (490.04 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 284 times.)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:39:12 AM »

Slot machine award glass.  Tongue Out rotflmao

Looks like a Super 7s or Sizzling 7s clone, except for the 3rd coin awards. But the artwork looks like a Superbar too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:21:18 AM by poppo » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:45:17 AM »

I can't tell you the name of the game but I dd a couple of text searches and found a slew of PAR sheets/SS chip numbers that match it.

The first two chips use a different set of strips than the rest.

SS1928  92.680%  BCC
SS3692  85.201%  BCC

All are    AAA
SS4021  90.180%
SS4026  90.089% 
SS4526  97.435%
SS4533  95.029%
SS4534  92.405%
SS4535  90.180%
SS4536  87.584%
SS4537  85.109%
SS4538  97.427%
SS4539  95.098%
SS4540  90.089%

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:50:21 AM »

this is a SIzzling Seven clone--     Its called Magic Sevens or Magic lamp Sevens,  blue sevens are the give away.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »

this is a SIzzling Seven clone--     Its called Magic Sevens or Magic lamp Sevens,  blue sevens are the give away.

Jim

Hmm.... all of the Sizzling 7s I've seen (Google) have a totally different 2nd coin payout. The Super 7 matches the 2nd coin better but not the 3rd coin award amounts. What type of machine is it for?

Pictures from the 'bible'

* sizzling.jpg (27.62 KB, 300x225 - viewed 499 times.)

* super.jpg (33.49 KB, 400x247 - viewed 267 times.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:13:55 PM by poppo » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »

Its for a S+    I will look at it later this evening when I get home.    doing this from memory.

the game is in a book I have,  NLG bible doesn't list it.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »

this is a SIzzling Seven clone--     Its called Magic Sevens or Magic lamp Sevens,  blue sevens are the give away.

In another list I have I see a game called "Magic 7" that's a 2 Coin Buy-A-Pay (paytable 79D) (SS3356-3358), but I don't see a 3-coin BAP of that game in that list.  (...but I don't think it's a complete list, either.) 

Of note, the PAR sheets that StatFreak found above calls it paytable 79A.  An Excel spreadsheet I have lists the game as Sizzling 7, but I don't think that's right.

I'd be interested in what you find, Jim.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:06:01 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »

In another list I have I see a game called "Magic 7" that's a 2 Coin Buy-A-Pay (paytable 79D) (SS3356-3358), but I don't see a 3-coin BAP of that game in that list.  (...but I don't think it's a complete list, either.)  Of note, the game that StatFreak found above is paytable 79A, so they're likely related and Jim's recollection is likely spot-on.

I was about to post the paytable and you beat me to it, but at least I can verify that it's 79A. Tongue Out

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »

...    Its called Magic Sevens or Magic lamp Sevens,  blue sevens are the give away.

In another list I have I see a game called "Magic 7" that's a 2 Coin Buy-A-Pay (paytable 79D) (SS3356-3358), but I don't see a 3-coin BAP of that game in that list.  (...but I don't think it's a complete list, either.) 

Of note, the PAR sheets that StatFreak found above calls it paytable 79A.  An Excel spreadsheet I have lists the game as Sizzling 7, but I don't think that's right.

Good memory Jim.  Hail applause +1 (Karma, or whatever)  I got off my computer and pulled out the book and sure enough, table 79 is called "Magic 7's". I only have a listing for table 79D which is the two coin variation and which verifies knagl's post. The two coin version doesn't multiply the bars and that might be why Jim was thinking it was a Sizzling Sevens clone (which it isn't).

That just about covers everything. You have a fairly complete list of the SS chips for the game, the name, and the paytable ID. If you find strips we can verify the symbol order. The only thing missing are the strip numbers.

Stat  garfield
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:09:15 PM by StatFreak » Logged

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

I ruled out the Super 7's because this glass has red, white and blue 7's

Also it is a genuine IGT glass, Customer knows nothing about it and it is missing the chips.

* Guess.jpg (80.49 KB, 960x540 - viewed 283 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »

Also it is a genuine IGT glass, Customer knows nothing about it and it is missing the chips.

There are no white 7's -- that's just what they used to indicate "any 7".

As far as the chips, the list StatFreak posted above should give you the info you need.

Is there a belly glass with the name of the gmae on it (for confirmation)?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »

It is not a Magic 7s.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »

There are no white 7's -- that's just what they used to indicate "any 7".

As far as the chips, the list StatFreak posted above should give you the info you need.

Is there a belly glass with the name of the gmae on it (for confirmation)?

Still waiting on strip and belly pictures. Will post them as soon as I get them

Thanks and K+ to all !!   +1 (Karma, or whatever)
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

It is not a Magic 7s.

Then what is it? Scratch Head

Magic 7's is confirmed as a 2 coin BAP using table 79D and this is a 3 coin BAP with the same symbols and pay structure using table 79A.

Here are Magic 7's 2CBP from the book. Payglass and chip numbers confirmed.

SS3356  95.066%
SS3357  92.505%
SS3358  90.071%

Further, SS1928 and SS3692 both use reel style 3321 on reel 1 which is the same as reel 1 of the three SS chips above. The second and third reels have two symbol positions transposed (a red and blue seven) but are otherwise identical.

From SS3692:
SS:3692  3R3BM
 Reel Strip Number 3692  HOLD % 14.799  Denomination:                               
 MODEL # : XX26X PAYTABLE 79A235

From SS3356:
SS:3356  3R2CB
 Reel Strip Number 3356  HOLD %  4.934  Denomination:                               
 MODEL # : XX27X, PAYTABLE 79D235

poppo

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »

Also it is a genuine IGT glass, .....

My old EI Haywire Deluxe glass has the IGT logo on it, but there are subtle differences between it and the original. So this may not be 'genuine'.  Plus I don't recall ever seeing any IGT glass that said 'Made with pride in Nevada' But ya never know.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:15:53 PM by poppo » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »

Also it is a genuine IGT glass, .....

My old EI Haywire Deluxe glass has the IGT logo on it, but there are subtle differences between it and the original. So this may not be 'genuine'.  Plus I don't recall ever seeing any IGT glass that said 'Made with pride in Nevada' But ya never know.

I have an original Double Dollars glass in my 16" right now that reads in small print, "MADE WITH PRIDE IN NEVADA, U.S.A." in the upper left portion and "­­© Copyright IGT" in the upper right portion. Although the sides are reversed, the font, capitalization and punctuation look identical.

I'm not sure but I think it was used early on and discontinued at some point.

poppo

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »

Interesting. That glass looks pretty 'minty'. I was thinking maybe it was an aftermarket that just has the wrong paytable. But after reading the posts I missed, it sounds like the mystery may be solved???
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 01:34:02 AM »

Soapbox Alert

I have a clue. In 1985 Universal came out with the computerized slot with stepper reels. They kicked IGT's ass almost out of the market.
Their most successful game was Magnificent 7's as seen below. Look familiar?

IGT fought back by copying Universal's game and then slapping the "Made with pride in Nevada" label on it in reference to Universal's Japanese origin.

My guess is this a S game not an S+.

* magnif 7's.jpg (134.66 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 274 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »

I'm not sure but I think it was used early on and discontinued at some point.

I agree with this.  I've seen some early IGT stuff that said that.  (Maybe they dropped it when they started using non-USA stuff in their machines?)

Interesting. That glass looks pretty 'minty'. I was thinking maybe it was an aftermarket that just has the wrong paytable. But after reading the posts I missed, it sounds like the mystery may be solved???

No offense to your friend, but that's a pretty boring game -- at least graphics-wise.  I couldn't fathom someone making a reproduction of that.

Uniman-  Excellent observation.

uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »

I'm guessing that Universal and IGT used Bally EM games for their ideas. The computerized slots needed to be accepted by the players so the handle was left on even though not needed and the mechanical clicking sound was added to sound like the EM's. Makes sense to start out with familiar games too.
The made with pride in Nevada, U.S.A. label was a desperate move by IGT in the mid 80's before the S+. To their credit they quickly regrouped, created the S+, locked up Universal in legal issues and bought the Telnaus RNG patent all around 1988. 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »

I was wrong about the name of the game. There was no information on a three coin buy-a-pay with that paytable. However, if you removed the second coin buy the paytable matches it perfectly. looking at the colors and the flow of the outer designs it could very well be a M+ or ??
the only true way to know what you have is to get a picture and location of the main logic board, that usually tells all.

Hey Jim,  Universal had some great games out in their day, The magnificent Seven game I liked was the fourth coin bonus where the Blue sevens paid different amounts according to the line they were hit on. Great audio tones as well. I am going to pick up a  "Mustang" this weekend.

Jim

StatFreak

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »

The game must have been released for the S+ because there are an entire series of chips for it. Name change or not, it's the same game in a 3-coin variation. The PAR sheets, the symbols, the payout values, and the matching ID for reel strip #1 found in both the 2-coin and 3-coin PAR sheets proves that to my satisfaction.

If it was given another name for the 3 coin version, I think that at this point we should leave the discussion as is and wait for someone who actually knows the name used to post.

As Shakespeare said, a rose, by any other name...

Coors, the bottom line is that name or no name, the SS chips I listed will work with that machine and glass. Since there were three different strips used, you'll want to match the chip to the strips the person has.

Of course, if he has an M+ and not an S+ then you'll have to find chips for the machine he has and figure out which set of strips will match it. That won't be easy since there isn't as much info on the M+ games. If it's an S then you'll only have to look for an RS version of one or more of the SS chips listed.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

Still waiting on strip and belly pictures. Will post them as soon as I get them

Assuming that the belly glass has a name (and isn't just a generic "$0.25" graphic), this will hopefully put the whole discussion to rest.

StatFreak

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 10:47:44 PM »

Well, we all got tied up in a discussion of the name of the game, but all Coors really needs is chips for his friend's machine, and unless the machine is an M or M+ that problem is solved.

Coors, if you have your own copies of those PAR sheets you can compare the strips yourself and figure out whether he has the AAA or BCC variety. If you don't, then post a picture of the strips or document the symbol order and post that.

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:27 PM »

Well, we all got tied up in a discussion of the name of the game, but all Coors really needs is chips for his friend's machine, and unless the machine is an M or M+ that problem is solved.

Coors, if you have your own copies of those PAR sheets you can compare the strips yourself and figure out whether he has the AAA or BCC variety. If you don't, then post a picture of the strips or document the symbol order and post that.

The guy just fell off the face of the earth, I asked for more pictures to help him and he has not responded in 2 days. I hope he does soon as I would like to know too. He did say it was a 1984 machine. But that does not mean that someone didn't just put a M glass it it to sell to him. I thought Early S or M from the colors and border. But was not sure. I will keep at him.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.