Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Another dead battery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another dead battery  (Read 5276 times)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« on: October 25, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »

Dam battery in Bally 6000. Turned one on tonight to show a guy & dead battery.  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
That is embarrassing.
Used my last battery in it so I had to order more.
That is a big problem with Bally.
Ford
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »

i had my bally monte over a year and a half havent replaced a battery yet.......knock on wood  rotflmao
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »

Odd.Scratch Head  Buzz and others have said that the S6000 series doesn't burn up batteries like the S5500's do. I don't own an S6000 myself.

Given your experience, I think it's time for cfh's battery mod. Solder in a quad AA holder with wires long enough to mount it on the front of the tray and put a 1N4001 diode in the last position. Do a search for the mod thread and be sure that you install the diode so that current can flow out of the batteries but not into them.

You can then use three standard AA alkaline batteries in the holder and make future replacements while the machine is turned on so that you don't lose your settings.

Hope that helps.

Stat garfield*

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:27 AM »

Here is the thread. It's in the General Reel Slots board because it can be applied to other brands of slots as well. I just stickied it so it's now at the top of that board.

He used a 1N4004 but any diode in the 1N400x series will work. Be sure to attach the diode as he describes.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=148.0

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »

it had a tl-2150 in it which I bought from a guy who said they were for 6000. I'm replacing
with tl-5903-p-ax which should last longer @ $8 each + ship.
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »

it had a tl-2150 in it which I bought from a guy who said they were for 6000. I'm replacing
with tl-5903-p-ax which should last longer @ $8 each + ship.

Any 3.63v lithium will work. I also bought a pack of the larger AA batts because they store more energy (more mAh) and last longer. I haven't performed cfh's mod because I had already installed a battery holder and purchased a bag full of those AA lithiums for about $1 a piece before he came up with the idea. When I run out of them I'll do cfh's mod.

If you're paying $8 each, I highly suggest that you do the mod after this latest ordered battery dies. Alkalines are much cheaper and if you mount the holder outside the case you won't have to clear and setup the machine each time.

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 12:55:15 AM »

I have 10 coming for total of $87.73 inc. ship.
What I like is to keep original. When someone looks & you tell them about
not having original battery they don't like that.

It doesn't take long to set one up. 5 to 10 min.
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:46 AM »

I have 10 coming for total of $87.73 inc. ship.
What I like is to keep original. When someone looks & you tell them about
not having original battery they don't like that.

It doesn't take long to set one up. 5 to 10 min.

True, but 30 AA alkalines cost less than $8 (based on 40pk at Costco). That's a lot less than $88.

staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 01:55:33 AM »

i thought the batteries in the bally recharge themselves? dont they?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 02:24:16 AM »

i thought the batteries in the bally recharge themselves? dont they?

Apparently they don't.
A cool mod would be adding a "trickle charger" to the Bally battery mod.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 03:45:54 AM »

Only the Bally E series that I know of.

One step at a time.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »

I would not think that the circuit would recharge these saft lithium batteries because unless the lithium is designed to be recharge, it could explode from recharging it.  An ultra I just picked up came with a saft lithium instead of the saft nicd and I immediately removed it.  Trouble is the 3.6v nicd doesn't seem to be made any longer by saft or interstate.  I am considering the 3 cells and diode mod for that machine.
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: -37

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »

what does the machine do with a dead  battery
does the mpu work?

WGAS!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:20:25 AM »

Usually the battery's only function is to hold the memory in the settings.
However, some MPU's rely on a fully-charged battery in order to operate correctly -
it really depends on what platform the MPU is in.

I don't know about other platforms but I know the S2000, S+, and Bally5500's really need good battery juice in order to avoid low battery errors and other malfunctions.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 02:49:22 AM »

It is required on the Bally 6000. Otherwise you keep getting the 81, 83FF, etc until it's resolved.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.