Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Reel test for a 1271
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel test for a 1271  (Read 3937 times)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: November 05, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to run a reel strip test for a 1271 chip.  that way I can check to make sure the strips and the correct reels are used.  All 3 reels have 'up' printed of them and all 3, double 10 times pay strips have the same mumbers printed but I just want to make sure the payouts line up correctly.  Thanks  This is for a 3cn 1 line S+ upright machine
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to run a reel strip test for a 1271 chip.  that way I can check to make sure the strips and the correct reels are used.  All 3 reels have 'up' printed of them and all 3, double 10 times pay strips have the same mumbers printed but I just want to make sure the payouts line up correctly.  Thanks  This is for a 3cn 1 line S+ upright machine

It is included in the output test section of the attached 1271 PSR

* SP1271_-_backup.pdf (541.49 KB - downloaded 333 times.)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »

I have no idea of how to enter the physical stops of the reels, if anyone can tell me thanks.  I think that I am suppose to go to setting 5 hit the spin button and the reels align with the highest pay on the payout line, hit the spin button again and the next highest payout lines up and so on. Are these the steps I take to check the reel function?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:47:26 PM by B-52BadByron » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »

I have no idea of how to enter the physical stops of the reels, if anyone can tell me thanks.  I think that I am suppose to go to setting 5 hit the spin button and the reels align with the highest pay on the payout line, hit the spin button again and the next highest payout lines up and so on. Are these the steps I take to check the reel function?

What SS chip are you using??
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:33 PM »

SS 8595
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »

PHYSICAL REEL STRIP LISTING     REEL STRIP # :8595
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   2 2B 2B 2B     
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   4  7  7  7     
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   6 1B 1B 1B     
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   8 DS DS DS     
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  10 3B 3B 3B     
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  12 1B 1B 1B     
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  14 CH CH CH     
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  16 3B 3B 3B     
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  18 2B 2B 2B     
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  20 TT TT TT     
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  22 1B 1B 1B     
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 12:52:56 AM »

Thanks, but how do I get the reels to spin in test mode to make sure tht they are alligned properly?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »

Thanks, but how do I get the reels to spin in test mode to make sure tht they are alligned properly?

I think if you just leave all of the settings at 0 on the reel strip test, they will all stop with the seem in front on the pay line (I may be wrong). But I never use that test. As long as I have the right strips in, I just see if it pays out properly and the symbols are lined up.

From the PSR attached above:
After selecting the physical stop for the last reel, turn the jackpot reset key to spin the reels to the entered physical stops.  
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 04:40:33 AM »

Actually, that would be Paytable test 4 (not 5), and they changed it for the newer SP chips. The older chips would spin to the payouts in descending order as you describe. Unfortunately, with an SP1271 you'll have to tell the machine what symbols you want on the payline.

Professor TIP: The symbols for a cm game are always on the even numbered stops. Line games may vary. It's also very common for the jackpot symbols to be on line 10. Don't ask me why. In your case the 2x symbols are on line 8 and the 10x are on line 20, per the listing Coors just gave you.

Stat garfield

Here is the relevant excerpt from the PSR. You basically have to enter each of the three values and turn the key each time. I've forgotten if the third key turn just sets the third reel number or also spins the reels. If they don't spin after the third key turn then a fourth key turn will do it. The reels spin to the selected symbols and the winning value of the selected combination (if any) is displayed. Change the number of coins bet as described below to see the payout for different bets. Turn the jackpot key again to start over and enter a new set of symbol positions.

To enter the paytable test, turn the jackpot reset key. To test
paytable values, the physical stops for all the reels must be
entered. To input and increment the physical stop, press the Spin Reels
button.

Winner Paid window = physical stop. (credits window = reel number.
To select the next reel, turn the jackpot reset key.

After selecting the physical stop for the last reel, turn
the jackpot reset key to spin the reels to the entered physical
stops.

After the reels stop, the pay amount for the reel
combination is displayed in the Winner Paid and Credits
windows, and it alternates with the number of coins bet in the
Winner Paid window.

To view all award amounts, from one coin
wagered up to the max bet, press the Spin Reels button.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:51:37 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:56:19 AM »

For those who care, Reel Strip test 5 will display the virtual stops mapped to each of the physical stops and it works the same way as test 4 for the newer family of chips.

If I had a choice, I'd want the old style auto-spin for test 4 (showing the amounts won for each combo on the glass) and the new style of manual entry for test 5. (The old style spun automatically to every single virtual stop in ascending order and it took forever to get through a long set of virtual strips. The new way is much more efficient and much easier to use when either checking against a PAR sheet or writing down the values when one doesn't have the PAR sheet.) Tongue Out

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.