Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2024, 09:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Still having several issues with my S2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still having several issues with my S2000  (Read 4179 times)
DJDOOGIE
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: November 08, 2011, 12:21:20 AM »

Hi again.  I have a triple stars IGT S2000 and have had a plethera of issues and it is at it again.  I will see if I can find that spray and try that but I have the paper out error, call attendant, closure MB, Closure M, and closure B, (Thats what I thought the MB was saying they both were open but ??)  I can not do the key reset like I used to the machine wont let me.  I have a clear chip set (Thanks again Buzz)  also when I opened the door one time something in the back of the door made a very tiny spark and the whole machine shut down it is on my profile called sparky (the small board that is behind the insert money here piece that was broken but didn't fall out until now. I immediately shut the switch off and looked it over and disconnected that board and figured I would power it back up it it was friend it was fried but it lit up spins reels and goes back to the same errors.  I was also told that clear chips were bad to do but it worked before.  I would like to fix this so every time I turn it on I wont lose all my credits or look dumb when my friends say OH cool a slot machine and I turn it on and have to fool with it to get it to work.  Thank you for reading my rambles I am just a little disgruntled that my slot has been down more than it works to the point my girlfriend is afraid to do anything with it because she doesn't want to be playing it when something happens since I am frustrated already lol. 

Doogie
I am a medic not a mechanic but I did have an erector set and legos as a kid.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:39 AM »

DJDOOGIE  Why don't we start by bypassing a couple of switches. First the cash can door, you need to tie these two wires together. One is green and the other one is blue with I think a purple tracer. I kind of like to splice them tog eather behind the BV chassis.  Now open the belly glass and on your top left side you will see a micro switch green and light blue wires, hook these two wires together.

OK two of your errors are now taken care of Closure M and B are no more. Just in case you have some errors stacked, without actually swinging the door ( you can if you need the practice ) open and close the main door latch 5 or 6 times.

Let us know what happens.

The BV light I'm afraid your going to have to find a new one, sadly I don't have a spare.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 02:39:27 AM »

The spark that caused your machine to shut down was probly from the button wireing harness. Check your button wireing harness on the door there are yousually 2 extra sets of wires for extra buttons wrap the connectors with electrical tape. If any of the lights on the button panel arent lighting up check them for loose or broken wireing.
 Pull the printer out about 1/2 way and push the small blue lever down on the right side of the printer pull the paper out and try to feed the next ticket in put the lever back up. Make shure your tickets are in the right direction if the ticket feeds in properly you should get the green ready light on the printer after you push it back in. Then close your door.

DJDOOGIE

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »

Buzz & Brian,
Thanks for the help I figured out that the board above the bill taker is what sparked but everything powers up again.  I got new tickets and they still wont work and clear the error.  Still getting closure errors left and right nothing works to clear the errors and keep them gone.  I give up on fixing this thing since there is something major wrong in possibly a few places so would it be reasonable to start by rebuilding the machine with like a powersupply, new brain board, ticket printer, etc so everything is new then maybe all the big errors will go away?  Just curious and frustrated that I have only a few enjoyable hours out of it in almost 3 months.  I have learned alot more than I would have with a perfect machine thank to everyone that has helped over the past few months.
Doogie

Doogie
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »

Before completely rebuilding it, you might see if someone has a replacement wiring harness and start by bypassing the switches Buzz mentioned a few posts back. You may just have some faulty wiring that's causing recurring issues and harness' are pretty simple to replace
DJDOOGIE

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

I will see as of now she has it covered up and if it is uncovered or I am working on it she leaves so I may even get rid of the machine if we can't enjoy it
I know that when i fix it I have to get another glass set, she thinks she did something to it turning it on over a month ago because it hasn't worked since and she wont even come into the game room to watch the races or games because of it. Just not worth the headache or the amount of money I put into it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:44:03 PM by DJDOOGIE » Logged

Doogie
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »

Doug   Sounds like you are going to let a little bitty slot machine kick your ASS.  There can be quite a few things that are maybe wrong with your machine but buying wholesale lots of parts isn't the answer.

Let's start over and check your door optics. I attached one of my great works of art. ( I spent a lot of time drawing this one, the signed original is for sale ) I want you to get a piece of wire about 3 feet long, unplug the optics at the door and cabinet. Skin back both ends of the wire and stick one end into the White/red plug on door side, On the cabinet side you will find that the optic plug is tied to the top of the BV chassis, I take a long regular screw driver and reach in and break the tie wrap so you have more wire to work with.  Now with the white/red hooked up on door side, turn on power then attached and detach the jumper wire to the green wire at cabnet side, do this 5 or 6 times to clear any stacked errors. ( when this jumper wire is hooked up the machine thinks the door is closed )  Now hook up the jumper one last time and if were lucky the machine should have all error cleared and booted up to play. If this works we can talk about hooking this jumper up to your cherry switch. If you still have a printer error, the printer can be disabled in Key con fig 2.

* scan0013.jpg (446.17 KB, 2338x1700 - viewed 214 times.)

mah
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 29

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »

I didn't read any mention of the battery status.  I recently ran into similiar error issues, one after another.  Checked the battery voltage and was 2.7.
after replacing the battery and a reset, everything works fine.  Might be worth checking battery voltage.

I'm by far no expert but it worked for me.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »

I didn't read any mention of the battery status.  I recently ran into similiar error issues, one after another.  Checked the battery voltage and was 2.7.
after replacing the battery and a reset, everything works fine.  Might be worth checking battery voltage.

I'm by far no expert but it worked for me.

Any ideas or information is like what the little old Lady said when she peed in the ocean " every little bit helps "

kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »

hi Doogie,

what type of printer is in your machine?  if your paper out tilt won't clear then i would suggest starting with that component.  you wrote that you have closure messages for both M and B doors; this is a good thing.  does the machine show door M open when you have the main door open?  bypassing the switches as Buzz suggested is a good idea; door switches and optics can cause lotsa headaches later on.  you can't bypass the main door completely though if you want to clear tilts as was suggested; open and close the main door a few times to clear any stacked tilts.
back to the printer.  if you have a Seiko Gen1 then power the game down and take your printer out of the machine.  disconnect the ribbon cable from the daughter board and hold in the release on the bottom, front of the printer and slide it out towards you.  if your ribbon cable shows any bare wire or obvious pinches then you may just need to replace that; should be pretty cheap too.
what type of printer paper are you using?
it sounds like your machine is not too far from being fully functional and you and the lady can start enjoying your time with it instead of worrying about it causing an argument.  hope we can help...

Now You're Techin'!!!
tradulovich
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 43

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 04:39:12 PM »

Hi Doogie I have a lot of experience with s 20000 and vision platform. After a short on any part of the machine is not good. Clearing the machine is the first step and a must. If after that the machine is still having problems it is a hardware problem. I had a machine that shorted out and the vacuum display interface card was the problem, a bunch of different errors came up everytime. If you have another machine the fastest way to fix is pull one part at a time out and swap it, reset everytime. Anything that has a logic board could be the problem. It could take a while but when you find the problem its worth it because you will know the machine inside and out. Goodluck and write down everything you do and what errors come up. Tim

Tim
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »

The optic on the machine is adjustible you might want to try adjusting it up or down before you try to bypass the optics. If you try to bypass them and it does not work then you probly have an issue with the cpu.

DJDOOGIE

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »

Thanks for the help.  I opened the door the other night with the help of the guy I bought it from and had a CMOS RAM error (something like that) but the annoying alarm sounded so I hit the reset key and it let me go through the entire reset I put in a ticket and it was good until tonight it keeps saying call attendant so I am give up for now it is in the corner of the shed with my electric tool box on the workbench to tear into it after the holidays.  I am going out of town this week and she will be back next week with me for a while so when I can I will sneak away.  I need to get her a mega touch game so she will be occupied while I work on my machine lol.  I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and I will post my adventures in slot repair soon. 
Doogie

Doogie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.