Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  simple modify
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: simple modify  (Read 3327 times)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: November 14, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »

the continental 4 reeler has a coin changer built in the top i would like to change this at the moment it takes the old british 10p
and paysout 2 coins the machine works on the modern 10p
i would like to change the changer to a £1 coin model so it would then dispense 10 coins
is it as simple as changing the wire on the pay out card from the 2 to a 10 spot
ideally i would like to fit an imonex coin mech any opinions would be greatful

anyone ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:09:34 PM by mark the spark » Logged
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:34:10 AM »

I've never seen a Continental with a coin changer. Is it perhaps a single-coin Superline?

Probably it is, as you say, as easy as changing the wire from the 2-pay to the 10-pay contact, but things are seldom that simple. Part of the coin changer circuit probably resets the hopper counter and there must be some way that it disconnects the normal payout circuit, otherwise if the machine has just paid a large win, resetting the hopper will make it pay again.

Putting an electronic coin acceptor in a machine where everything runs on 50V AC is not a simple matter.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »

still trying to get to grips with all the different models yes it could be a superline i`ve posted a couple of photos.the top left reads 10p change (2x 5p) the top right reads 50p change now either its a new top door as there is only the 10p change mech inside the 50p. is not there or the awards panel is not the original.i like this glass as there is no denomination on it just the amount of coins awarded anyways what do you think?

* DSC00142 (2).JPG (648.72 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 256 times.)

* DSC00143 (2).JPG (680.41 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 281 times.)
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 06:08:58 AM »

It looks like a Superline, but without the Super Symbols, so it's a variation on the theme, perhaps a slightly earlier model. The changer on top is probably a modification, as I never saw a changer on a Bally that didn't have a credit counter. It must be quite a stretch to reach up to the top slots.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »

OK back from working away got some time on my hands so back to this project as £1 coin mech just been purchased.don`t want to screw this up so going to post on here first before committing to
the project.
as said the machine will give x2 change but want to change to x10 change the coin change side operates on three relays have drawn circuit but i`m not very good at drawing them it took me 5 goes to get it that bad!!!
1:you cannot get change till you have played the machine once
2:when you coin the machine to play a game just as the handle starts to move RELAY 3 pulls in just as the handle reaches full stroke RELAY 3 drops out this happens every time a game is played
Now when a coin is inserted for change :
RELAY 1 pulls in RELAY 2 pulls in RELAY 1 drops out RELAY 2 stays in
RELAY 3 stays dropped out
now I'm not willing to pull the harness about as things tend to fall off the 5 pay already needs re-soldering back on bawling
so a few guesses:
RELAY 2 terminals 4-8 look like the hold on circuit but cant see where its getting 50v from on RELAY 3 without pulling it in if you unplug RELAY 3 RELAY 2 drops out
i have checked 3 times that i have drawn this right  Scratch Head
RELAY 3 terminals 1-5-9 operated the gate arm on coin mech and is no longer used
RELAY 1 terminals 4-8-12 i think are the hopper reset as a coin inserted makes RELAY 1 pull in and out so if you change more than 1 coin RELAY 2 stays held in but RELAY 1 drops in and out
so logically must be hopper reset.( rotflmao)
RELAY 2 terminals 3-7-11 are the x2 payout.
11-3 being the ordinary cherry pay
3-7 being the x2 change payout

all opinions, views ,ideas ,corrections welcome as i want to be 100% sure before doing this
i was thinking of using terminal end crimps and just cutting and changing the wires over so x10 pay connects to wire 12 wire14 goes onto the x10 pay on hopper plug inside cabinet
then x2 pay will go, straight from reel mech to hopper plug in cabinet x2 payout

* Scan0003.jpg (518.7 KB, 2338x1700 - viewed 264 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »

ok so not getting any opions or views i went ahead and it is now changing £1 coins for x10 10 pence pieces and all working correctly
so its back to the last project modifiying the hopper with 30 pin plug to fit the machine 24 pin plug should be interesting will keep you informed
f****in spoke to soon  Silly Me! i think its unrelated but 14 pays works from the right but not the left it seems theres no continuity from the second reel card 
to the first but its a bit dark now i cant see to well so will come back to it in the morning
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:55:16 PM by mark the spark » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.