Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally slot - Dollar coin / Home use
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally slot - Dollar coin / Home use  (Read 4065 times)
Matt1999
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: November 14, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »

I am still working on getting my Bally S5500 Blazing 7's machine working but I have a few questions.
It's a Dollar machine. What type of coin does it take for a dollar? Is it really a dollar "token"?

I do not know if my bill acceptor works or not, yet. If it does not, can someone recommend settings to allow me to play this at home for fun only using credits? It is also a progressive machine.
What other settings do you recommend for home use?

Thanks!

Matt
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:39:46 AM »

Matt     I think you have the wrong idea about your machine. there is no such thing as a dollar machine. You have a Bally 5500 with dollar coin handling installed on it. Say you want to change it over to a quarter coin handling, you need to replace the coin head, maybe the coin comparator ( post the numbers of the one you now have ) need a shim for the coin optics ,and replace the hopper pin and shelf wheels.

Or if you have a bunch of Ike dollars saved up you can use them. If you want to buy some dollar tokens, I would contact Ben @ Fannini slots, he has a banner on the home page.

If your just wanting to press some buttons and see the reels spin, look on the front of the MPU tray ( right below the reels ) make sure the coin mech switch is up, then press the pseudo coin button how ever many times as the Max bet of your machine then press the spin button, the reels should spin.

If the pseudo coin worked and the reels did spin, you can try putting a half dollar in the comparator and playing the machine using half dollars. Be AWEARE because the coin optics are for a dollar, every half dollar dropped into the machine will not be counted. Also I would guess there is a 95% chance the One Dollar hopper will not count out half dollars, I don't know it's one of those things I never tried.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:03:14 AM »

[qu

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Matt1999

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

I have used the pseudo coin button and that works but you must have the door open to do this. I want to be able to have the door closed and play the game. I may have a few half dollars or Ike dollars but not enough to play more than one or two credits.

I believe there is a way to only payoff as credits, and not coins. If that's true, is it possible to credit the machine (with the door closed) without inserting money? Also, I would like the progressive to continue to work.

I have read in the manual that there is a "Free" mode when you do not set an ID value for the slot. Does the progressive and winnings still appear in this mode?

I would play with these settings myself but I am receiving a reel error and, if I am lucky, only get to spin one time. I am waiting for the part that I ordered....
Matt1999

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »

I replaced my bad reel and now the machine is working with the pseudo coin button. However, I do not have a way to add credits with the door closed. I have no dollar coins and I have worked with the Bill Validator and can not get it to work correctly.  Instead of wasting my money and time on a bill validator that I don't really want to use in the first place, what are my other options? I have no access to parts other than mail order, so the token conversion would not be easy after having to purchasing everything from the tokens to the hopper.

A free play button to add credits that allows the progressive to continue to work would be ideal. Is one available for a Bally S5500? If so, where?

Thanks again for all of the great help!

Matt

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.