Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Double Blackjack Makeover... broken chipped laminate
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Double Blackjack Makeover... broken chipped laminate  (Read 6670 times)
j$hort
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: November 17, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »

Have a large chip on the back side cabinet along lower edge and was wondering how it is best repaired. I do have the chips that broke off as this happened in shipment. I need some recommendations on adhesive and finishing the black laminate. On the opposite side the laminate is peeling off around the same area. I'm hoping to repair and make presentable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

* IMG_5654.JPG (497.21 KB, 1536x864 - viewed 341 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »

The best would be the contact cement used for laminate.
Expoxy or a slow Cyanoacrylate (used by RC aircraft hobbyists) may also work.
super glue is also CA but it may set up a bit too quick. plus the slower CA has a stronger bond after 24hrs compared to super glue formulation.

The best solution would be to replace laminate on the back if you are up to it. use the chip to get a piece the right color and finish.
You might check with a local counter top shop and see if they could come out and replace it for you as well.
If you choose to have someone replace it, take the old off, clean off the old adhesive, make sure the surface is clean and smooth for them.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:37:24 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
j$hort

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »

I think I will try gluing the pieces back and see how it looks. This is on the bottom side panel towards the back so it may be seen depending on how I place it in the room. I was also considering a metal corner piece running up the back/side corner that would cover this, but not sure. Maybe look at that option if the chip replacement does not do the trick. I would probably reserve the complete laminate replacement as a last resort or future items as I want to spring this device on the family for the holidays...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »

Lean a tall Christmas present up against it to cover it up?  arrow
j$hort

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »

Maybe cover in a washing machine box as an ironic gesture as the slot will get more use than a washing machine once this arrives...
j$hort

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

Ok, so I glued the laminate chips back in place and it looks ok and is in the back lower corner so it will not be seen too much. Thee are also a few chips I do not have pieces for on the other side. In any event I was thinking of running a a piece of stainless steel or chrome angle up the corner on each side. Has anyone done anything like this or have any pictures.

* IMG_5771.JPG (363.44 KB, 1536x864 - viewed 374 times.)

* IMG_5775.JPG (358.3 KB, 1536x864 - viewed 319 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13:28 PM »

I never have, but that could work.

Of course, a nice thick black Marks-A-Lot marker would also work wonders in hiding the damage.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
j$hort

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

I was able to paint up some self-stick corner moulding with gloss black and run down the back edge... I used the black marker to hide the cracks a bit more...attached photos show the results

* IMG_5821.JPG (2035.17 KB, 3072x1728 - viewed 264 times.)

* IMG_5823.JPG (1767.56 KB, 3072x1728 - viewed 301 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »

That looks great!  K+ to you for posting the pictures of your solution.   Clap

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
j$hort

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »

There are still a bunch of scratches on the back, most likely from it being moved around on a dolly or something, but that will be against a wall. I'm not going to worry too much about them right now. Pretty sure it is just about ready to put under the tree...which leads me to my next problem of getting it up a couple flights of stairs as it is in the basement right now and will likely be wanted in the main part of the house.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »

They are heavy, that's for sure -- I'd get a second person to help you.

If you do move it, I'd suggest removing anything that can easily be removed from the game to lessen the weight and or potential breakage.  Specifically for your machine, the hopper and the top glass.  Lock the door so it doesn't accidently swing open.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:14:24 PM »

hahaha!
Take a look at what I just typed below...
When I hit the "Post" button, I got the red warning...>>>

Taking out the hopper, for one, will make it lighter.
The power supply is rather heavy and comes out pretty easily too.
Just one screw to the floor and a few Molex connectors towards the rear and that pops right out...
I'd remove the top glass too until the machine is in place.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »

Great minds, Mark.   wave

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »

Lowes and Home Depot sell some clear plasic stick on corner molding. I just painted some black and stuck it on.

* corner.jpg (199.5 KB, 743x726 - viewed 275 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 12:35:14 AM »

Has anyone tried those arcade machine T-moulding for the front?
Might be pretty cool huh?
They come in all kinds of colors and kinds from chrome to gold to whatever.

* T-Moulding.png (192.55 KB, 800x570 - viewed 302 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 05:33:48 AM »

S+ machines already use T-moulding.  Scratch Head

...or are you talking about getting different colors to change up the look of the cabinet?

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

S+ machines already use T-moulding.  Scratch Head

...or are you talking about getting different colors to change up the look of the cabinet?

Yea! Might be kinda nice to match up a T-moulding with a specific game theme?
I don't know ...just a thought...lol
You know, take for example the "Purple Passion" game with the same color purple T-moulding on the front?
Or the say...the "Double Cherry Bar" game with it's bright orange Cherry letters in the symbol being prominent...
Maybe some gold T-Moulding to match...uh...you know...the unmentionable game...lol
I kinda want to install tiny semi-clear T-Moulding
and run a string of LED's behind it to light up when you hit the Jackpot!
It ,of course, is triggered through the jackpot bell wires that also set off the confetti cannon...  rotflmao
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:47:29 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.