Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 11:46:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Need help with Vision
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with Vision  (Read 59050 times)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2012, 01:34:56 AM »

Hi all,
Update on the vision....replaced battery on board,installed all chips and card...replaced reel #3 was bad ...boot up goes through regular steps on display ...stops at MS VERIFY APP START and orange screen on LCD says Error some components are not found....pretty much stopped at the same place before chip and card replacements .....
I have tried clear chip ....no response .....dont know where to go from here  bawling bawling bawling bawling
Eric
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »

Hi all,
Update on the vision....replaced battery on board,installed all chips and card...replaced reel #3 was bad ...boot up goes through regular steps on display ...stops at MS VERIFY APP START and orange screen on LCD says Error some components are not found....pretty much stopped at the same place before chip and card replacements .....
I have tried clear chip ....no response .....dont know where to go from here  bawling bawling bawling bawling
Eric

That sucks...It worked fine on mine!!! Arghhh!
Stop using that Clear chip.
It's only for changing the denominations! Please!

I plugged in an audio amp card live ( I had a spare ready just in case I'd blow it up)
I wanted to see if anything would happen to the amp board if I plugged juice into it while the power was on.
Nothing blew up but I learned something....( this is how I learn things   Professor - I try to break it first!  rotflmao)
The LCD went crashing into the RED SCREEN OF DEATH!
Then up came the MSverify and after a few seconds, the LCD and VFD machine display BOTH said "Please Wait"...lol
A few more seconds later, the game was ready to play!

I learned that I can re-boot the LCD computer just by pulling out and re-plugging the red and black power Molex for the audio amp board.

How does this help you?  Scratch Head
Well, it doesn't... face in palm
But I have an idea!  idea light bulb

Let me think for a minute... stir the pot / get cooking Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 2

Okay! sleep  Roll Eyes

I think your LCD computer has a "stuck" logic signal.
The Clear chip should have wiped it away but it came back during the "Boot Up" sequences.
Soooo...( I'm thinkin' ! )  I remember when this happened to me.
I have the "Auto-Play" toggle switch on my machine.
It's not much different than your machine but it is.
When my toggle was in the "On" position, I could not get past the MsVerify line address in the Boot Up sequence for the life of me.
I flipped down that switch accidentally ( or in frustration - I plead the 5th ) and the LCD magically booted Up through it's last few sequences and the LCD video came right on into GAME PLAY MODE!!!!

You don't have a toggle Free play switch like mine.
I don't know what's wrong with your machine.
I strongly suspect that a wire is crossed somewhere and it's creating a "stuck" logic signal which prevents the LCD from completing it's "Boot"

The chips are fine - your machine is shorted somewhere or a deck button switch/optics wiring/cash can/belly door wire is grounded causing a stuck signal to reside in the communications of the machine.
You gotta comb through that machine and find out what's causing it.

Believe it or not ( By Ripley's) sometimes the simple act of undoing a tied-together cash can loop
will get the signals "unstuck" and your machine will function again.
I'd rather have a door open error than the LCD not working -
you can always clear a simple open cash can error by tying back the wires together later!

I'm making you a short video clip to show you what I mean...here it is...>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKW_BrAZghU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/tKW_BrAZghU&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:41:29 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »

Bunker,
Here is some food for thought Scratch Head Scratch Head  I have been watchin the machine as it is stuck on MS Verify about every 4-5 min the reel do the start up spin says no disp in the credit and WP windows then gives error of BV no comm or something to that effect ,flashes that a couple times and then goes back to red screen and MS Verify
Maybe thats one of the problems
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2012, 03:12:38 AM »

BINGO!
You're on track to finding out the problem!
It's right there in front of ya!
All you gotta do is find it!
I like the way guys like JIM do diagnosing.
He like to pull out plugs, power up the machine and see how it goes.
If everything's okay, he shuts it down and plugs something in that he took out earlier.
Turns the power back on...at some point- he narrows it down to the source of the problem.

Check the ribbon cable /plug for your VFD display ( the blue one) and if yours is with those colorful wide flat ribbon cable down to the white box on the door...make sure the red/black wire with the black Molex connector is plugged into the board with the white box and other green wires on that too!

That white box houses the Netplex communications stuff for the VFD display and needs to work.

Of course, check the wires around the bill acceptor too because
you're getting messages that relate to that too.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:46:37 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 04:16:13 AM »

Bunker, I'm not a Vision guy, but I am a PC geek.  Watching the videos, I noticed that there is a BIOS splash screen displaying "Press F2" to enter setup.  Is it possible to connect a PS/2 keyboard up anywhere on these machines and actually enter the system BIOS to navigate the settings?  The reason that I ask is that I have seen a few laptops and servers in my day that hang on that screen for whatever reason, and sometimes entering the BIOS via Fx key and restoring the defaults can clear up the boot problem.  

Just curious.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 04:33:15 AM »

Yes...I have hooked up a keyboard to a Vision computer with various degrees of success a couple of years ago.
It's all the the massive threads somewhere in the Vision section of NLG.

Found it...Here's the beginning of it...I started another thread on it when I figured out how the pinouts were...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10167.0

Tilt wanted to try it so we both worked on it and I got it going again in this thread...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7309.75

There's another flash card that a Vision computer can take which up loads the OS to it. (the RFA card)
But I'm not quite certain that's the problem though it IS possible his Boot Up is corrupted to the point where it won't complete it.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:29:23 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 04:55:06 AM »

Checked the ribbon and other wires to VFD seems ok.....Checked wires to BV, they seem ok also ...this might be a stupid question but I took out the BV head and transport
the head is a WBA-10-ss and the transport is a WBA 11...would the #'s be the same ??? also DIP settings are all off ??? I will probably have to read some posts on this
I will check all wiring as best that i can tomorrow (I am no electrician by any means) Its late Im tired and frustrated...need some sleep and a clear head....Tomorrow is another day...Thanks for helping me troubleshoot
Eric
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »

If you are getting a comm error then check the 3 wire harness with a 3 pin connector for continuity with an ohm meter. This is the communications harness for the LCD.   It should have 3 light gray wires.  Maybe a bad connection.  Make sure it is fully inserted on both ends.
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

Traced grey wires from LCD to power supply connections are good need to check continuity ....still getting BV Comm Failure ..can I totally disable BV and bypass it ? if so how?
Maybe that would clear at least that issue...i dont know
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »

I am still getting BV Comm Failure after the boot up reel spin could someone tell me how to disable the BV,dont really want to try this myself in fear that I might fry something else ........... no no no Also what about the Jumper in back of the LCD that some people were talking about not sure on that one as well.
Thanks
Eric
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

In the key chip menu:

3.3 Bill Acceptor
3.3.1 Enable/Disable Determines whether the bill/voucher acceptor is enabled or disabled.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »

Maybe he's got a motherboard problem that's causing a communication error or interrupting the start sequence on the LCD board. I've had numerous things cause comm errors including bad IO cards, motherboards, mpu boards, shorted button deck switches, etc. Even had a shorted top candle do it once. Just a thought...
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »

Any thoughts are great at this point ....I was trying to disable the BV as per idesign but with the LCD not booting up i cant even get into the menu...i dont know much about this machine nor do i have another s2000 to compare the wiring to. Pull Hair Pull Hair Pull Hair
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »

I am still getting BV Comm Failure after the boot up reel spin could someone tell me how to disable the BV,dont really want to try this myself in fear that I might fry something else ........... no no no Also what about the Jumper in back of the LCD that some people were talking about not sure on that one as well.
Thanks
Eric

Okay..you got a BV Comm Failure right after the maiden spins right?
Sometimes codes "pile up" or get "stacked" - one way to get rid of them is to just open
and close the door optics.
Try getting back to the BV COMM Failure again but this time open
and close the door a couple of times and give us more details.
I want to make sure if it's these codes preventing the LCD to complete it's start up sequence.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:26:05 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

Bunker,
Here is some food for thought Scratch Head Scratch Head  I have been watchin the machine as it is stuck on MS Verify about every 4-5 min the reel do the start up spin says no disp in the credit and WP windows then gives error of BV no comm or something to that effect ,flashes that a couple times and then goes back to red screen and MS Verify
Maybe thats one of the problems
ok pretty much same as above....except now after after reels do maiden spin VFD says Door open B - Closure M - Restart - Call Attendent - Video Display Comm Failure --no error on the BV   Scratch Head     I tried opening an closing door at this point  no response ,did not change display when door was open either....3-4 min go by and VFD goes back to MS verify App start and Red LCD....I dont know why it swithed errors I have not swithed or changed anything on the machine
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »

Good...! applause
That means the problem is NOT with your bill acceptor!  Cheer Leader

Now, turn off the machine for a few minutes and try powering it up again...
sit and watch with a pen and paper and jot down what happens.
Videos are much easier but few notes will do too!  yes
do the opening and closing of door after it stops or freezes up again.
Patience is the key to troubleshooting.

I want t o see if your error codes change...
good notes are critical
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 12:55:09 AM »

Ok here goes (I will try to post video... that might take me a while because i have not done one before)
Start up - Door Closed - No Reel spin - MS Verify App Start - RED LCD - BV Cycles - No lights on Buttons - After 1 min VFD waiting for video display - after 4 min - VFD & LCD go black - Reel spin - Candle Flashing - BV cycle - VFD  Door Open B - Closure M - Restart - Call Attendent - Video display Comm Failure LCD is red still...after 4 min - VFD & LCD Black -BV Cycles - VFD mS Verify App Start and red screen on LCD....pretty much does the same thing ever 4 min......I found out the BV Comm Failure error comes up with Door Open MB only when the Door is open .....I really hope this helps

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »

Ok here goes (I will try to post video... that might take me a while because i have not done one before)
Start up - Door Closed - No Reel spin - MS Verify App Start - RED LCD - BV Cycles - No lights on Buttons - After 1 min VFD waiting for video display - after 4 min - VFD & LCD go black - Reel spin - Candle Flashing - BV cycle - VFD  Door Open B - Closure M - Restart - Call Attendent - Video display Comm Failure LCD is red still...after 4 min - VFD & LCD Black -BV Cycles - VFD mS Verify App Start and red screen on LCD....pretty much does the same thing ever 4 min......I found out the BV Comm Failure error comes up with Door Open MB only when the Door is open .....I really hope this helps

Tell me about it......I have had my head in this machine all day and pulling my hair out .....There have been a few times that i thought it would be real easy to rip out the LCD and its components and turn it into a standard S2000....................But I wont
Thanks for everyones help

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2012, 04:51:28 AM »

Only time I ever saw the red screen is with the wrong RFA. Have we verified the RFA is correct for that game?

Having been through this before:
IIRC,
Door open MB means the main and cash box doors are open,
Closure M means the main door was open but is now closed,
Door Open B means only the cash box door is open,
Door Open M means the main door is open.

So it looks like you have an issue with the LCD that would cause me to check the RFA, and an issue with the cash box door being see open at all times.

The cash box door can be bypassed by connecting the wires to the switch together, or if it's a standard microswitch on the door, you can either connect the 2 wires to Common and Normally Closed or adjust the switch until it reads 0 ohms with he cash box door closed, and infinite resistance if the door is open between Common and Normally Open. For home use, connecting the 2 wires together is the easiest.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:01:31 AM by brichter » Logged

Thanks,
Bill
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »

I am going to say this one more time
When you bypass the switch on the cash box door the WBA takes way longer to be ready to accept currency once the cash can has been re-installed.
I have tested this in the past and recently even with 1270 enhanced MPU and 598 games I have to wait longer before my BV is ready to accept anything if the switch for the door is kept closed.
IF I allow it to function as IGT designed it it takes about 30 seconds.

The MPU and BV expect the signals in this order, I left out main door or belly door open and close because do not affect my timings
Belly shows as main door on a S2000 if switch is installed - bypassing the belly switch is ok.

Cash can door open - machine tilts (candle flash) disables play and BV
Cash box removed -  BV detects removal and sends to machine.
cash box installed - BV detects re-install and cycles to be ready and notifies machine its ready
cash box door closed - machine goes back into play mode and depending candle settings turns off the candle

I timed it from the moment cash can was reinstalled (switch bypassed) or Cash can door closed 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:38:41 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »

Bunker has helped me fix my PCMCIA card with the right files for the game ...see Reply 44 & 45 of this thread ....so like he was saying it has to be a short or wires crossed somewhere,so that is todays journey to trace wires ..........
It sounds like bypassing the switch on the cash can box is a bad idea..........my thought was just to remove the bv and transport to possibly get rid of the error,but after reading posts you would still have to disable it in the menu,of which i cannot access....I dont even know if the BV is working properly in the first place
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »

I got the 10xPay Slingo stuff in the mailbox today Triple Diamond!
I opened up the history folder and saw that someone modified the card in 2007.
That's why it doesn't work...the Flash card won't match the checksum of the original.
BTW the originals are 13Mb in size while yours was 12.9Mb (It's an estimate) -
it was missing the 13kb (.DS_STORE) file to make it work.
Did it EVER work while you've had it?
I'm wondering how the two files were removed from the program?

Anyways, I rearranged the old PCMCIA CF flash card folders similar to the known good copy.
This card is fixed and ready to go out back to you first thing Monday morning!

I'm checking your MPU chips as we speak...good job with the electrical tape!  Tongue Out
At least the UV windows are covered up!

Below is a snapshot from my computer showing your missing Vision file on the flash card.
Click on photo to enlarge...>>>

.DS_Store is a system/hidden file written to every folder on a storage device when you connect it to a Mac, it stores the attributes of how the folder is displayed when it's opened in Finder (Finder is the Mac equivalent of Windows Explorer, and Windows Explorer uses the same type of file, called desktop.ini). My hunch is, when the card was modified, it was done with a Mac. The presence (or lack thereof) shouldn't affect the game.

Thanks,
Bill
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Bunker has helped me fix my PCMCIA card with the right files for the game ...see Reply 44 & 45 of this thread ....so like he was saying it has to be a short or wires crossed somewhere,so that is todays journey to trace wires ..........
It sounds like bypassing the switch on the cash can box is a bad idea..........my thought was just to remove the bv and transport to possibly get rid of the error,but after reading posts you would still have to disable it in the menu,of which i cannot access....I dont even know if the BV is working properly in the first place

Went back and took a look, the only thing he verified was what you were able to send him, your PCMCIA card with the LCD game on it (BGM and ATA files) and your eproms. The RFA is a separate PCMCIA card that is used in the left PCMCIA slot, not the top. When the RFA card is inserted, the LCD boots from it and the OS in the LCD is upgraded to the version on the RFA card. The RFA card is not left in the machine, it must be removed after the OS upgrade is complete.

If you read his posts, he initially thought the ATA was the OS, then he realized that was incorrect and that the OS level is determined by the RFA, so he has not been able to verify your OS as being the correct version.

So, my question remains:

What RFA is your LCD running, and what is the correct version for the game? I've gone down many rabbit holes with several red screen problems on my Vision LCD in the past, every time it was the incorrect RFA version... not sure how many weeks I've wasted on these problems before, but let me tell you, it was a lot.  Silly Me! Crazy

As far as bypassing the switch on the cash can door, I've stated the 3 ways to deal with this issue: the correct way and 2 workarounds. Feel free to use whichever method you like.  yes  Personally, I'm kind of picky about how things work, I always try to avoid the workarounds and fix every single issue I find, no matter how small.  arrow arrow  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:39:34 PM by brichter » Logged

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »

I've been suspecting a possible incorrect RFA OS is uploaded to Triple Diamonds LCD computer
but there's not a thing I can do about it.

On top of that - because of my poor lists - I have no clue what would be the correct RFA for his game.
For those of you that want to know and to remind myself. -
the RFA gets installed the 1st time you set up a Vision computer...once the OS is installed,
the PCMCIA card should be removed.
It works the same way you would initially set up a home desktop computer.
Install the bios, the OS, then your optional programs and run all the updates.

We really need to see his LCD in video action to see if we can spot anything
in the boot up phase on the LCD screen.
There should be SOME info displayed before the RED SCREEN OF DEATH kills it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »

I would like to add that the software worked fine on mine before I mailed them out to him.
I will go take a snapshot of my Vision Version Log screen right now to see what RFA is installed in mine.

* Vision version log.jpg (853.47 KB, 2388x721 - viewed 259 times.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:30:38 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.