Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker Drop Door Error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker Drop Door Error  (Read 6938 times)
tacman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 17, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »

Topic: Gamemaker drop door open??  (Read 303 times) 
pinshoppe@aol.com

Gamemaker drop door open??
« on: January 03, 2006, 08:29:37 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all, I have a gamemaker that says the drop door is open (upright), wich does not have a drop door...anyone run into this problem and if so what is the fix?  Thanks, mike @ The Pinball Shoppe

rslots

Re: Gamemaker drop door open??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bally's uses the term "drop door" to refer to the door on the side of the machine where you access the cash box.  You will get this error from one of two switches (or both).  One switch senses that a cash can is in place (you can see it inside the cash box cavity) and the other switch senses that the door is closed and locked (this switch is above the cash box cavity and is activated by the cam on the cash door lock.  So if you have a cash can installed and the door is locked with the proper cam (1 1/2"" straight cam), the problem should go away.

pinshoppe@aol.com

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 08:30:19 AM »   

Actually, it is not the door you are referring to...unfortunately.  The Bill door and the stacker door are both working properly.  It shows the picture of the drop door open on the screen and puts it at the bottom of the upright gamemaker.  What we did was swap mpu boards with a customer who was having a problem with his machine. The machine I am speaking of was working perfectly before doing this.  Does anyone know a difference in boards that may change the settings from a slant top to an upright or vice versa?  I do not have a listing of the dip switches either.  Thanks, Mike

rslots

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:32:48 PM »   

I have only worked on either upright or flat top (bar top) Gamemakers but I know you can configure the machine for either upright or slant top cabinet as part of the set up.  It is one of the on-screen set-up options which you must choose.  You might try changing the set-up.  I don't believe there is any difference in the boards or the dip switches but only in the machine options that you select to tell the processor that the cabinet is either an upright or a slant top.    The slant top has en extra switch for the lower deck.  It may be interpreted as an open drop door.

hotslot101

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:46:16 PM »   

Also check the mother pcb at the socket/plug marked Cabinet I/O

If you have two wires comming from pin 13   GR/WT   &   pin 14  WT/BK then the machine has its internal drop switch harness, you need to loop these wires, or the switch is tucked away in the cabinet somewhere and just needs put into close position.

cheers

Ozzy

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:05:37 PM by tacman » Logged

vickie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »

I've got a belly Game Maker 7200 and I get the Dropbox open door error.the game won't play at all I pull out the cash box open the door I don't get any other lights on the machine that says the cash doors open.I tried the one fix that says ground out pin 11 on u16 and it doesn't make any difference. does anybody have a clue what I should try next?
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:45 PM »

Is the lock and the cam installed on the drop door?
When a lock is installed the cam pushes up on a micro switch to tell the machine the door is closed.
Without the cam or the lock installed the machine will always see the door open. Unless you jump out the switch.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
vickie

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:25:38 AM »

the lock and Cam are installed. I checked the switches with a meter and they are working. Shouldn't I get a symbol of the cash box door open when it is?
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:40:21 AM »

I think it depends on what Mains and Graphics chips are installed if you get the picture gram images for the open door.
If your not getting the image for the drop door then are you saying it reads "Drop Door Open" on the screen?
Also be sure the cash can is installed as there is another micro switch for that.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
vickie

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »

Hi it is showing the graphics for the drop box door being open but there is no drop box. the graphics for the cash box never come on.So what your saying is the drop box being open is for the cash box? Thanks for any info that you can give me.I checked the switches and they are good.
vickie

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »

this is the machine I have and this is as far as I've been able to get it to go the Dropbox door open is keeping it from playing.opening the cash box door does not seem to make a difference as far as the graphics go.the switche's on the cash box test fine but I'm wondering since the cash box graphics ?aren't coming up on the screen is the fault in the cash box since there is no Dropbox to deal with. I really appreciate any help you guys can give me

* IMG_20130704_214247.jpg (875.33 KB, 1944x2592 - viewed 466 times.)
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »

first thing i do when i get an gamemaker upright is reach in and pull out the harness to drop door,  isolate orange wire, connect gray and yellow wire together.  -that problem never happens again.
if you are using a DBV 145/200 validator, check the wire connections to the small board on the side under the bill validator make sure the plugs are straight in,  they can be accidentally be moved over by 1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.