Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Barcrest help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Barcrest help  (Read 4445 times)
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« on: December 12, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »

Have aquired a few S+ barcrest machines. Run for your money and Devils. Having never worked on these I need some help. The Run For The Money I have gotten it to the point where the top box will display C01 and the bottom box displays a 64 error code. Thelittle communications board has DS1 and DS2 flashing. When the machine it turned on the top box display show the version info and some lights come on and then goes to C01. Any suggestion as to where to go next would be appreciated. Also is a special set chip needed for the barcrest machines. Thanks

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »

I have one S+ Barcrest, but thankfully (for me) have never had to troubleshoot it, so I'm afraid I can't offer a ton of help in that department.

The PSRs for the machines do state which SET chip(s) are supposed to be used, although I've heard that other SET chips aside from the ones listed will work to get the bill validator enabled, too.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:45:24 AM »

I don't recall what the 64 error code means on the S+ machines, but the CO1 on the top box is a comm error with the MPU in the bottom. It might be that it can't communicate till you clear the 64 code and will work after that. As far as the set chip, I used the same one for all my games. Had a little devil and a top dollar at one time
idylewild1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:57:14 AM »

Cleare3d memory on the S+ and it still gets the error code 64 and top box C01 error.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:09:24 AM »

Refresh my memory, what's a code 64 error indicate?
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »

Refresh my memory, what's a code 64 error indicate?

My list shows "64 Link Down. Check link; check Communicator".

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »

Error code [64] is definitely a Barcrest error code - you don't get those with regular S+'s.
I don't recall ever even looking at a Barcrest SP PSR sheet.
I think knagl is probably your best source for help on this puppy idyle.
Maybe it's just a loose connection causing the error.
If you have a Barcrest PSR, can you send me a copy?
I'd like to take a look at it and see if anything pops out at me.
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

My experience with error code 64 has been the Top Box connection that slides in or a battery in the MPU board in the Top Box. Kevin and Dave have a lot of experience with S+ Barcrest as they refurbished  a Utah load. Those guys were a great help to me along with Kirk in Las Vegas...

Clearing the memory on the CPU boards on the bottom is no help at all. There is a wire harness connection that goes from the mother board to the Top MPU board that will also cause this code. You might check that .
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:39:53 PM by dale » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »

I agree that 64 is a communication issue between the top box and the S+, but that could be any number of issues ranging from a bad cable (not likely) to an issue with the MPU4 (top box processor) (likely).

I don't mean to pass the buck, but Dave did the vast majority of the S+/Barcrest repair stuff.  I have one in my basement, but honestly would be posting here asking questions if anything ever goes wrong with it as I don't know anything about the top box MPU stuff at all.   no

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Roninva
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 02:20:50 AM »

I have a Run For The Money game too, giving me the same error on the display, 64. I don't see a reply that checking the cables fixes it.

Also, is there a test mode to check all the bulbs and how do I access it? I have some Drop in Poker IGT games, CDS and an S2000, but this thing is silly with just numbers rather than words!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »

... but this thing is silly with just numbers rather than words!

rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing That's because the S+ Barcrest platform is much older
and they didn't have all the more modern VFD or LCD displays like on the newer machines!
Look at like looking at a 1969 Ford Mustang - they didn't have a CD player or heated seats in them!

You may need the proper PSR sheet for the SP chip that is installed in your Barcrest
to help you decipher the number codes that appear on your reel glass display panel.

What SP and SS chips are you running in it?
Roninva
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:29 AM »

All is well, I got it going. The white box sticking out of the top of the cabinet needed to be pushed in again. Must have loosened during shipping, transport.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.