Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help with my IGT triple diamond machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with my IGT triple diamond machine  (Read 2777 times)
rodster
« on: December 17, 2011, 03:18:55 AM »

I had a error code 12, so I ordered and replaced the battery. Now I have an error code 61 with a fast flash on the bottom candle light. I tried pushing the reset for 2-3 seconds, shut the door and still I have the error.
Do I need to do a clear ram with a clear ram chip? I have a clear ram chip I have used with my Bally game maker. Will this clear ram chip work for my slot machine? Thanks for the help
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »

One Time Programmable EPROM's (basically a PROM) can only be used in the platform they are programmed for, with some exceptions
IGT chips cant be used in a Bally or Bally in IGT, etc.

How clear a 61 error:
1 Press the button until you hear a ding
2 Close main door
3 Turn jackpot reset key

61 error will also occur when you change game themes.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:43:53 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
rodster
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

I press and hold the reset I don't here a ding. The 61 goes away and just comes back. I read another post about pulling out the CMOC chip and grounding out
all the pins, put it back in, push the rest to get the 61-1. I tried this and I got the 61.1 and the machine went back to the 61 after turning the reset key once.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »

Aah, you have the never-ending 61 loop. This sometimes happens after a dead battery is changed out.

This is one of the rare times that you need to use a clear chip. You will need a clear chip designed for the IGT S+ machine. Additionally, you will need a SET chip to reactivate the bill validator (if you have one).

If you need to purchase a clear and/or SET chip, place an ad in the classifieds section and a vendor or another member will get you what you need. The two chips shouldn't cost more than about $20 total for both.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »

I press and hold the reset I don't here a ding. The 61 goes away and just comes back. I read another post about pulling out the CMOC chip and grounding out
all the pins, put it back in, push the rest to get the 61-1. I tried this and I got the 61.1 and the machine went back to the 61 after turning the reset key once.

CMOS chip...complementary metal oxide semiconductor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.