Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  DOJ REGISTRATION
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOJ REGISTRATION  (Read 27069 times)
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« on: January 17, 2009, 11:57:26 PM »

Just checking to see if you have or have not received your 2009 DOJ registration, Last year I received mine on January 03, and this year I still have not received mine for this year.
jusk checking
Darell

Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 12:20:15 AM »

We got ours Last Week ...

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Slottex
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »

I WAS LATE SENDING MINE, SENT OUT ON 1-10-09 AND RECEIVED ON 1-17-09. I ALWAYS FAX MINE. IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE RE-SEND BY FAX.
Slottex

Total Karma Storms: 120

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »

DARELL, IS THIS THE ADDREESS YOU USED- THIS IS THE NEW ONE.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
950 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW
CRIMINAL DIVISION,OEO
GAMBLING DEVICE REGISTRATION UNIT
JCK BUILDING,ROOM 1048
WASHINGTON,DC 20530-0001
ATTN: SANDRA HOLLAND

I JUST CHECKED THIS IS THE 19th YEAR THAT I HAVE BEEN REGISTERED AND ALWAYS RECEIVED IN LESS THAN 10 DAYS. I SURE MISS  MRS. GLADYS WILSON SINCE SHE RETIRED!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »

Wow! You guys know these Gov employees on a first name basis! AND notice differences in efficiency when one retires! Hail Hail
That is quite possibly the longest address I've ever seen.  ttth I'm surprised it doesn't contain her desk number and the specific filing cabinet that the application goes in. arrow bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »

It strange that they file these applications in the CRIMINAL division. Tongue Out
Slot Docs

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »

Hey guys,
      I applied in Nov 08 and got mine in Dec 08 for 09......That worked out well.......
Slot Docs
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:26:52 AM »

Cool,a topic I researched and even called the Md. DOJ and they told me to call the Lottery frying pan.  I want to be able to sell machines to a "legal" state... But I'm not allowed to own them in my state??? Can I do this?
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »

I would think that it would depend on your particular state's laws. Maryland is a 25 year state, so at least they don't prohibit slots altogether.

I know that several slot-unfriendly states allow registered slot dealers to operate as long as they don't sell newer machines to local residents. Most state governments are motivated by greed, just like every business; they don't want to see your business license fees and taxes going to the state next door. Still, I would check the laws for MD, or make some phones calls.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Slot Docs

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

Hi Randy,
   you are missing the point here the DOJ registration we are talking about is not issued at the state level.
it is issued at the federal level. All you have to do is fill out the form and fax it to them and you are registered.
there may be other requirements by the state such as you must be in a free trade zone, licensed by the state,
sales tax permit, or other special licenses, however the DOJ is issued via the feds, IMHO the state of MD cannot make it
illegal for you to obtain the permit as that would fall under the Restraint of Trade rules set up by the feds. They can
however enforce any state or local requirements in addition to the DOJ registration. So definitely check with
you state and local authorities as to what the requirements are. 
Slot Docs
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »

All you have to do is fill out the form and fax it to them and you are registered.

Hello!

Do you know where to get this form??

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »

Good points Slot Docs. I didn't mean to suggest that the DOJ was a state-level document, only that one would need to get past all of the state hurdles in order to be able to engage in the buying and selling of gaming machines in a particular state. The DOJ alone won't get you into the slot business, and as suggested, it is the probably the easiest part of the process.

That being said, don't take the filing of a DOJ lightly. You will henceforth be on the fed's radar so you'd better be sure that you're going to go the whole way and make it worth while, and that you have been, and will continue to be in compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding the sale and distribution of slot machines and parts.

dpalmi, I believe that the address is listed above in SlotTex's post. If they are the receiving point for filled-out applications, I'm sure that they can provide blank ones as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:06:46 PM by StatFreak » Logged

Slot Docs

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

Hey Stat,
      You also bring up some very good points which is basically what i was trying to convey in my post. One letter form the DOJ
dose not make a business.........make sure you cover all the bases via State, county, and local authorities. Also make sure that
you make & maintain meticulous records concerning the purchases, sales, & shipping concerning games by serial # make & model
as well as finances just as in any other business.
Slot Docs
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24:09 PM »

I know that it's been a long time since you first registered, but do you know if they do background checks? Just curious.

BTW, I already said this, but to be blunt: ...to "have been" in compliance with all state and... means that if you're in a 25 year state, you'd better not own any newer machines right now. 'Nuff said.

Slot Docs

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Hey Stat,
      As far as I know they do not do background checks. That as far as I know is left to the different states
as some require it and some do not. As far as my last post I was never implying that you were not in compliance
with any regs what so ever, i was only agreeing with you to point it out to those others that are interested.
just so that there is no misunderstanding.
Slot Docs
StatFreak

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

We're on the same page. propeller

I was also just pointing out to anyone looking into this option of the pitfalls that one could encounter - particularly for those who collect machines as an under-the-table hobby and wish to move into the professional arena.

Perhaps a person could get away with getting a DOJ and setting up a business while in possession of machines that they shouldn't have had beforehand if their state failed to do any checking, but I'm still of the opinion that this would be a risky and un-worthwhile chance to take.

It's kind of like applying for a gaming license: you want to be squeaky clean before getting started. yes

Slot Docs

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »

Hey Stat,
      You got that right............Why invite scrutiny if your not ready...........would be kinda foolish.
Thats kinda like on COP's a guy gets stopped for speeding and has a bag of a leafy green substance
in the car, and the Cop asks him if it's ok to search the car, and the dumb ass says sure..........
then he acts surprised that the cop found the stuff, well thats not mine...........yeah sure buddy
tell it to the judge, why would the guy tell the COP it was ok to search ?????
Slot Docs
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 05:39:48 AM »

why would the guy tell the COP it was ok to search ?????

That's why they call it "Dope".  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Duh! Duh!

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

why would the guy tell the COP it was ok to search ?????

That's why they call it "Dope".  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Duh! Duh!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Okay, soapbox/preacher alert! police police

You'd be surprised how many people don't know that they can say "NO" to a police officer, and fewer know that their car is protected from illegal search by the constitution. If a person (or a suspect -- as all persons are either victims or suspects in the eyes of police) refuses, the officer will pressure him or her, as a parent would a child, by saying something like, "What are you hiding? If you have nothing to hide, then why not let me search and you can be on your way?" Don't fall for such pressure tactics.

An officer must have probable cause to search without permission, and you're saying "no" is NOT probable cause! If the officer stretches the law to invent probable cause, stand firm and repeat over and over that you do NOT give him permission to search. Then let your lawyer handle it.

This holds true even if you really don't have anything to hide!! You don't have to prove it. Remember that the officer is not your friend; he or she is trying to find anything incriminating to use against you. Don't give him the chance. You may believe that you are 100% in compliance with the law, but that officer might find something in your car to use against you anyway.

I learned this lesson at a very young age when vandals drove their truck through our front hedge and ruined it. When the police arrived to take a report, the FIRST thing that they did was to use OUR phone to call the precinct to see if my mother had any outstanding warrants! (obviously, she didn't, but that's beside the point.) The police are not there to help you 90% of the time. When you're lying in a pool of blood after a serious accident, then you can honestly say that the police are there to help you -- unless they determine that the accident was your fault!  banghead

End of soapbox/preacher alert! police police

<ADD> I can be reasonably certain that at least one member here is a police officer. I still stand by what I say.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:44:37 PM by StatFreak » Logged

Slot Docs

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »

Great point Stat,
      One thing we know for sure is that they won't be there to protect you when a robber comes along
or someone burglarizes your home, but they will damn sure rip your car or home apart if they even suspect
you of anything. I Witnessed this firsthand when a friend of mine was accused of burglary of which he was innocent.
They (COPS) came in a searched his house and car and trashed both of them, then when they didn't find anything
they told him, Oh sorry for the inconvenience, but we will be watching you, and walked out the door. that was 15
years ago and he has not been to jail or even had so much as a traffic ticket.
Slot Docs
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »

Poor fella, I wonder if they're still "watching him"? Tongue Out
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »

hey I got one, only after I found out that it was easy to get and cost no money. Besides, the government knows me good! I got a ham license issued by the FCC and my license plates also have my call letters on them. So the presumption of privacy is gone. I just live and enjoy my life and choose not to worry about this stuff. Unless of course you live in New Mexico:

HOME OWNERSHIP OF SLOT MACHINES
Having a Slot Machine in your home has only very recently become available.  This came about as a result of the Court of Appeals decision in State of N.M., ex rel. NM Gaming Control Bd. v. Ten Gaming Devices 138 N.M. 426, 120 P.3d 848.  The court’s decision is very limited.  To legally obtain a slot machine in New Mexico, it MUST be purchased from a distributor or manufacturer licensed to distribute or manufacture machines in this state by the State of New Mexico.  ONLY New Mexico licensed manufacturers and distributors, licensed in New Mexico may transport gaming machines in New Mexico.  You may not purchase a slot machine in another state and bring it into this state without first complying with New Mexico law and federal law, the Johnson Act, 15 USC 1171.  Any slot machine purchased and transported into New Mexico without first complying with State and Federal law, is subject under the law to forfeiture and destruction.  The homeowner may not make a profit from having the machine.  Persons who play on the machine can play for winnings only.  The homeowner may not offer the slot machine for resale, to sell a gaming machine in New Mexico, you must be licensed to do so.  A homeowner may not transport the slot machine from one location to another, only a licensed manufacturer or distributor may do so and must comply with the state and federal law to do so.  A homeowner charging a fee to play or keeping a portion of monies (tokens exchangeable for cash) put into the slot machine for ANY reason, would be commercial gambling, §30-19-3 NMSA, a fourth degree felony.  no

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »

"Chop, Chop, Chop..."     (the sound of an wood axe chopping reho's head off)  Tongue Out

No, why in the world did ya go and do that for?
You can't do anything now...that means buying and selling selling/ trading parts and stuff...man oh man.

Understand the word..."restricted"....
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

Got our 1st doj in mid 70,s  some how in mid 80,s we didn,t renew it we thought we were flying under radar ,we were in nj at that time , had a few pal,s in vegas reno that found us some bally 800,s,  then bright and early one morning came a knock on the doors it was fbi. 5 years later  after flying  back / forth  from nj to las vegas spending close to 100k  with  lawyers and travel  we got a plea deal which at the time  I thought it was finally over but it wasn,t  my home town took away my abc  lic  {worth  250k at  time} lost of biz in my club in 2008 we moved to va  1st thing we did was get a doj , if I had it in 1985   they would have left me off  hit list on the raid , they never caught me with a ilegal slot my charges were driving a rental truck and talkin on telephone about moving slots to non legal states  nj/ ny so get the  papers it may save you some $$$$  and headaches , b ut  when locals took  my slots in 77 the doj  didn,t mean anything to state of nj  thanks to laws changing with the opening of ac I got most of my slots back and made 3x  as much sellimng them after the state holding them for 3 years
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 12:45:23 AM »

I know, I know..........but it sucks in NM. I guess I just don't care. I think this crap has to stop. I don't get why some legislative body is so, so terrified of a game......after  all, it's just a game isn't it? I guess greed plays into the mix, they just want their cut like everyone else. When the numbers first came out, they were declared unlawful, now the states run the game and it is.........a lottery. Maybe I should move to Ohio sleep Cactus In CT, the law basically states that if they smell you Thinking about a slot machine, they will (in no particular order) stomp on your ba11s, kick your door down, place you in a Full Nelson, make you say "Uncle" and then dispose of your body on the way to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. And that's just for thinking.........imagine what they would do you you took action..........of course the Mohegan's and the Pequots are totally exempt from the statute. Maybe there should be an organization National Organization for the Reform of Slot Laws! stir the pot / get cooking And by the way, a pinball machine in CT that gives free plays is considered a gambling device. Sorry for the soap boxing, I know that this has been debated ad nauseam here so my apologies if I seem redundant. I just think that if a person feels strongly enough, and lives in a slot -hostile state, they should write their elected officials about getting the law changed. I love my games as do most of the people here on this forum. I would be heart-broken if someone took them away and crushed them in a compactor, loss of money paid for them and loss of enjoyment hissy fit. Again, sorry for the rant........ahhhhhhhhhhh, now I feel much better (bettor) .

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.