Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT S2000 Triple Stars backlit reel/payout problems
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S2000 Triple Stars backlit reel/payout problems  (Read 15581 times)
eddarby
« on: December 25, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

Recently purchased a Triple Stars (with enhanced sound, backlit reels) for the wife for Christmas. Game boots up and seems to play ok except when hitting certain combinations that should be a winner, it does nothing or backlit reels light up on wrong cymbals. I am a newbie so any help would greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays, Ed.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »

sounds like you may not have the right reel strips for the software you're using, wrong strips for the glass or wrong software for the game. If you can post a little more info we'll be able to help more.

How many coin game is it?
How many paylines?
What reel strips are installed? There are numbers at the bottom of the strips or list the order of the symbols on each strip
What SB and SG chips are installed on the MPU board?

Also a picture or 2 of the front of the machine would be helpful
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »

Reels should be numbered left to right 123. see if they are correct.  If not we can try a few more things.

NLG Welcome

Cowboy you beat me to it.  I have some Triple Star machines I can look at the reel strip numbers to see what goes where.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »

also make sure the strips are installed right..... the knotches on the reels need to line up with the little cutouts on the strips....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »

I'm bettin' on 3cn strips in a 2cn game or vice versa, but it could easily be multi-payline strips in a single payline game or vice versa too. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be to difficult to figure out and he's gonna get an education on his machine at the same time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

Rob  There is 17 different SB chips listed for Triple Stars. ( some are for 5 reel )

Fellow might not have time to get back to us today.  I can just picture, him running for his life with his Wife chasing him with a rolling pin, him hollering out " I know I know I should have tested it before Christmas" 

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »

I can just picture, him running for his life with his Wife chasing him with a rolling pin, him hollering out " I know I know I should have tested it before Christmas"  

Pull Hair WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!! WIFE!!!
 present Christmas Tree

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »

bust gut laughing Mine only does that when I bring a new machine into the house bust gut laughing Seventeen SB chips? Lots of room for a mixup there
eddarby
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »

Cowboy, and all others, thanks for the replies. It is a 2 coin single payline 3 reel multi-denom round top. The strips are as follows: from parting line down- bl7, flag7, stars7, rd7, trip stars, wh7, flag7, stars7, bl7, rd7, wh7. I purchased it from RMS in Arizona. Yes the wife is disappointed, it came in Thursday afternoon, I turned it on Friday evening after it got to room temp per seller, and now won't be able to contact them until hopefully Tuesday. Help, thanks, Ed.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »

are the strips lined up ny the noches?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 01:17:55 AM »

do the reels light up at all on top or bottom of payline?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 01:23:37 AM »

Ed  I'm not going to tell you to do anything that will harm your machine.  We need to know the base chip number you have on your board. With the door open and power OFF remove the coin tray, if it doesn't have a coin tray remove the flat plate that has the lower speaker attached to it. With this removed you will now need to remove the MPU, it stands upright, to your left  at the very bottom of the machine. It will be a unpainted tray with a handle on the front of it. Using 2 or 3 fingers, DO NOT USE YOUR THUMB unless you want your thumb nail smashed. Kind of jerk on the handle and it will slide out. now post the numbers from the Base chip, it will be SB******. The base chip is the one I circled in RED.

If I have a machine with that base chip, I will remove the reel strips and take a pic. of them.

* PICT0066 A.JPG (70.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 431 times.)

eddarby
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 01:50:28 AM »

Buzz, the chip is SB100059. The others are SG000363 (x2). Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 02:06:05 AM »

Ed   Your not going to like this, you have the wrong SB Chip.   SB100059   Triple Double Dollars 3 Reel 1 Line 2 Coin
                                                                                                         Triple Double Diamond 3 Reel 1 Line 2 Coin

Post back the top award of your machine and I'll see if I can come up with the chip number you need.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:12:23 AM by Buzz » Logged

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »

Triple Stars® Spinning Reel 3-Reel, 1-Line, 2-Credit Multiplier    4,000     SB100010

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 02:24:16 AM »

Pretty sure you need a SB100010   Triple Stars 3 Reel 1 Line 2 Coin  4000 Top Award

Brian will fix you up with the right chip, while I was at it I would also get a Clear 97 and a Key 31 chip/chips.

Foster looks like I got beat out again, it's a Bitch to get OLD

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »

Ed,

NLG Welcome Here is a list of what your strips should look like:

First, a little explanation as it is a little confusion figuring our IGT's code for the reel strip symbols for this particular theme. It makes LITTLE (Thanks IGT) sense, but I painstakingly mapped it out in the past when I was figuring this one out. The list you gave for your strip matches for a third reel strip on this theme. You first and second reel strips should be identical to each other, but different from the third that I assume you detailed for us. The bottom of your strips may be labelled (underneath the part where the top and the bottom of the strips come together.) with a part number followed by F4586 on the first and second strips, and F4587 on the third strip. This little key will help you see what each code refers to:

~~ Blank
G7  Blue 7
O7  White 7
B7  Red 7
P7  Flag (or RWB COMBO) 7
R7  Blue 7 w/ White Stars
TL  Triple Star

Physical Reel Strip Listing
Line #1   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #2   G7  G7  G7
Line #3   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #4   P7  P7  P7
Line #5   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #6   TL  TL  R7
Line #7   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #8   B7  B7  B7
Line #9   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #10   R7  R7  TL
Line #11   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #12   O7  O7  O7
Line #13   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #14   P7  P7  P7
Line #15   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #16   TL  TL  R7
Line #17   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #18   G7  G7  G7
Line #19   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #20   B7  B7  B7
Line #21   ~~  ~~  ~~
Line #22   O7  O7  O7
               4    4    4
               5    5    5
               8    8    8
               6    6    7

This should help confirm the strips are OK, but as others have said you still will need the chips they have mentioned. I hope this helps a little... At least you can still play the machine and get all kinds of Mystery Pays! Silly Me! Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
eddarby
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »

Captain, Buzz, Cowboy, and all others, thanks for the replies. It is greatly appreciated. As I said I am new to this slot machine thing. I have been collecting/restoring pinball machines for about 6+ years (mostly ems but a few solid state). Any of you familiar with pins? This info you all submitted should help correct my problem and hope to make the wife happy. I will keep you all posted on how it goes in the next few days when I can contact the seller. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays, Ed.

* IMG_20111225_105721.jpg (1252.44 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 476 times.)

* IMG_20111225_105738.jpg (1366.71 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 441 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »

Isn't that amazing how IGT uses a the "B" for a Red symbol in that particular sheet?
And a  "G" for a Blue symbol?
I wonder letter they would use for the color Green?   Duh!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:50:51 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
eddarby
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

Hello guys, I'm back. Got the replacement chip (SB100010) in Friday and put it in it's socket making sure all legs fully seated and reinstalled board. Turned machine on, went into memory test then an alarm sounded with display reading eprom error. Help? Was told by seller (RMS) that all I had to do was change the chip. I put the other chip back in and it works as it did before. Getting a little upset with RMS. Am I doing something wrong or is there possibly another problem? Thanks again for your time, Ed.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »

Turn your jackpot key 4 times and the display should tell you to hold the test button for 2-3 seconds.  After holding the button down for 2-3 seconds, it should then ask you to close the main door.  Once that's done, you should be in business.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

All this is good info for the future,when the wife wants you to change the game out.
eddarby
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »

Hey, thanks Jason, that did it. Seems to be working ok now. The only thing I am wondering about is the sound. It seems to be the standard sounds, supposed to be enhanced sound package. Also one of the speakers (left top) is not working. Any thoughts? Thanks again, Ed.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »

The top left speaker is prone to the 2 green wires getting serious damage due to
"techs-in-a-hurry" to change out ticket paper and
slot re-sellers ripping out the topbox ticket printers.

You gotta check the speaker wires out and see if they're intact with full continuity.
There's no "left/right" setting on an S2000.

I don't think Triple Stars has any really enhanced sound Simm card associated with it but
if you install a MMLBII with a DSV00042 Sim card -
you can get into the Machine Options under "Sounds" and click on the "Enhanced" settings.

Some guys have experimented with different games and found certain Simm cards
that may give an added sound for your particular game.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »

Yep a base chip change can reset your sound to default.  If you have a sound SIMM installed on your sound board, you can go into the menus of your game by pressing the test button and navigating the settings until you see Sound Settings.  Check your sound board and see if there is a SIMM installed.  It should have a tag that says DSV00042 on it.  If that's the case, we can get your sound going for you.

Jason
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:01:53 PM by Yoeddy1 » Logged

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.