Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Game Chip Change from SP811 to SP1271
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Game Chip Change from SP811 to SP1271  (Read 4968 times)
bbslots
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »

I currently have a SP811 Game chip in my S+ machine and want to upgrade to a SP1271 Chip. Can this be done and is it an easy upgrade?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »

Welcome to the site!   NLG Welcome

The answer is "likely, yes."  I don't have a PSR for an SP811, although it looks like from one post I found that it may be a type 0/14 chip.  SP1271 does support type 0 games, although it does not support type 14 games (tournament games).  As long as you don't use the tournament mode for your machine, yes a 1271 should work to replace an 811.  If you change SP chips and you have a dollar bill validator installed on the machine, you will also need a SET chip to re-activate the validator.

Let's back up a step, though.  What game theme do you currently have installed in the machine (what's the name of the game), and what are you trying to accomplish by switching to the 1271?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bbslots
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »

Thanks for the reply. The SP811 does support type 0 and 14 games.  I have Double Diamond and Five times pay games that work just fine. I just purchased a Triple Bonanza game that I cannot get to work (When I clear code 61-1 by doing the jackpot reset I get constant ringing like when there is a malfunction on the machine and a attendant is paged. I tried with 2 reel chips with the same outcome.) I cannot find any information on the SP811 and I know the SP1271 chip is widely used and possible could support more games. I do not have any interest in a tournament chip.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

Triple Bonanza is also a type 0 game -- if your current chip supports Double Diamond and Five Times Pay, it will also support Triple Bonanza, as they are all type 0 games.

I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news for you.  The good news is that you shouldn't need a different SP chip -- the bad news is that you're unable to get your game to work.

You stated that you have tried "2 reel chips" -- do you have two different SS chips for this game?  Are they both factory originals, or are they copies made by someone (typically with handwritten or aftermarket label-maker labels)?  My initial suspicion is that the SS chips may be bad, or perhaps aren't getting seated properly in the socket.

I don't have a bell in any of my S+ machines, but I've never heard of the bell ringing after a game change -- that seems odd to me.  To make sure you're doing it correctly, once you get to 61-1, you are fully closing and latching the door, and then turning the jackpot reset key, correct?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bbslots
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »

That is correct I used 2 different chips that may or may not be factory chips. They are not handwritten. I am fully closing the door when resetting and I have since installed double diamond and that works just fine.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »

In that case, I suspect that either your chips are corrupted, do not contain the data indicated on the label, or were not installed correctly (although that's a long shot since you had it happen with two different chips, but successfully installed your Double Diamond chips).

bbslots
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »

Do think think a RAM clear would fix it.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »

Do think think a RAM clear would fix it.

Really doubtful.  You've successfully changed from one Type 0 game to another (Double Diamond to Five Times Pay, and back) -- Triple Bonanza isn't any different than either of those games, at least as far as the processor board is concerned.

If you're not afraid of setting up the options for your machine again, it won't hurt much to do a clear.  That said, I do not have the PSR for an SP811 -- I'd wait until you get your hands on one, since you'll have to set all of the options blindfolded otherwise.

Realistically, I'd just post a WTB (Want to Buy) ad in the classifieds for a new SS chip for your Triple Bonanza kit.  Be sure to indicate whether it's a 2-coin or 3-coin game.

bbslots
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »

OK I tried a third chip with the same result. I ended up changing the game chip to a SP1271 and it now works just fine.  Thanks for the help.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

Strange, but glad to hear that you're back up and running.  The 1271 should serve you well.

Thanks for the update.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.