Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  DBV questions -Solved
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV questions -Solved  (Read 2924 times)
kimdol13
« on: December 28, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »

My machine had a 'CLEAR' done on it prior to purchase.  I put in my CROM, GAME Prom, and REEL Prom.  The game works fine.  I replaced the GAME Prom with the SET chip and tried to follow the steps on Rick's FAQ Files.  But the problem I am running into is setting the denomination.  If I use $.25 for the machine, even with BV active, it won't accept bills.  If I set the denomination to $1, it will only accept one dollar bills and it gives 1 credit.  I want to accept all bills from $1-$100 and give credits as $.25.  Please help.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:29:57 PM by kimdol13 » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »

The problem may not be with denom settings, but with credit limit settings. If your credit limit is set to low it won't take bills regargless of the denom setting and where it wouldn't take any bills at the quarter denom setting you may have had it set for $25 instead of $0.25. Just guessing here. Also check the dip switches on the BV to make sure they are all turned on to enable any bill denom acceptance. After trying these things, if you still have a problem, check which software version your BV has installed. Maybe it's not updated for newer bills. Keep in mind that it probably won't ever be able to accept the new colored $5 bills as that BV is no longer supported by the manufacturer
kimdol13
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »

Thank you for the input.  How to I go about changing the credit limit?  What exactly am I setting when following Rick's FAQ Files in enabling the DBV?  I want all bills accepted so do I choose 10000?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:32:10 PM »

I don't have a manual handy so hopefully someone will chime in to help, but as an example let's say you set your denom at $0.25 and want to put a $100 into the BV. Well, then your credit limit would need to be set for at least 400 coins. How much you set your credit limit for depends on how many credits you want the machine to hold before it either cash's out your wins or goes to handpay? Which opens another can of worms. How many coins do you want the hopper to pay on cashouts? If it's set too high then you'll be refilling the hopper maybe several times when someone hits the cashout button by accident or hits a big win. Generally I would think people set the credit limit for around 5000 and the hopper limit for somewhere between 400 and 1000 coins. Personally, I set my S2000 machines to pay out up to 100 coins because they are newer models and they are tokenized for a higher token value than the denom setting.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

Kimdol-

Unless your credit limit is set to 1 (which it wouldn't be after a clear, unless the previous owner made that change after running the clear chip), I'm not sure that credit limit is what you're bumping up against.

As a side note, I'm not sure what the "CROM" chip is that you're talking about (maybe the CMOS?), but the only two chips you should ever have to tinker with are the ones in the GAME PROM ("SP chip") and REEL PROM ("SS chip") sockets.  Do not remove any other chips from your board unless you get specific instructions from one of the members here, and that would only be in an extreme situation.

Please do the following:

- Try running through the enabling the DBV process again.  Make sure 9 is set to 1, press the self test button, and then on the next screen that a "25" is displayed (use the Spin Reels button to make changes), and then press the self test button again to "lock in" the setting.

- After you replace the GAME (SP) chip, power on, go through the 61, 61-1 process, let us know if the bezel over the dollar bill validator is lit up, and exactly what happens when you try to insert a $1 bill (does the machine not make any attempt to take it?  Does it take it in and then reject it immediately?  Does it take it in, pause, then reject it?  Does the "Insert Coin" lamp blink when you insert the bill?).

- Please tell us what SP chip is in your machine.  If it's a factory (IGT) label, you can just use the number off of there.  If it's not labeled or has an aftermarket label, please use the method described here to determine the SP chip in your machine.  If the credit limit is indeed the issue, we'll need to know what SP chip you have in order to give you proper instructions.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
kimdol13
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »

Knagl and Cowboygames,

That problem is solved.  And I did mean CMOS vice CROM.  I have an IGT S+ machine ('95).  The GAME Prom is SP731.  I set the hopper limit to 400 and the credit (which was 0) to 9999.  All bills are now accepted and credits show like they should.  My REEL Prom is SS3343, but the only game I can find for that is a 'Sizzling 7'.  I got this chip with an American Pride R/W/B kit.  It seems to pay out correctly.  Did someone make a mistake in labeling?  Thank you for all the help.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:35:08 PM by kimdol13 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

Terry-

Okay, great!  Leave that CMOS chip in the board -- you should not need to remove it.

SS3343 looks like it's a French version of a 3-coin Buy-A-Pay Sizzling 7s game.  That doesn't make sense.

Is that the label on the chip, or is that what the machine is reporting as your SS chip?  If that's what's on the label, I wouldn't trust it.  Please use this method to determine what SS chip data is actually on that chip and report back here.

Also, if you can, could you please post a picture of the award glass?  American Pride isn't an IGT game (likely a clone made by someone else), and it would be really helpful to get an idea of what SS chip should be used with it.  Thanks!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.