Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Chip switch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chip switch  (Read 4675 times)
Robertm
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: December 28, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »

Can I take chip from igt s+ haywire and place in wild
Cherry ? Will it make it do haywire when they hit? Then if
I like I would only need to change wheel strips?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

Can I take chip from igt s+ haywire and place in wild
Cherry ? Will it make it do haywire when they hit? Then if
I like I would only need to change wheel strips?

I can't see anyway it will work. To begin with a Wild Cherry the Cherry pays above and below the pay line, Haywire doesn't.  Scratch Head Scratch Head  I've been wrong before.

Right now there are 3 current threads (counting this one) people wanting Haywire.   http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16244.msg138025#msg138025   
                                                                                                                     http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16260.msg138053;topicseen#new

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Robertm

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »

So which slots can you switch the haywire chip
Into and work?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:25 PM »

So which slots can you switch the haywire chip
Into and work?

Read that top link I attached.

Which game do you now have in your S+ ?

Robertm

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

I have one that's a wild cherry and also have
A reg haywire. But Im trading the haywire for a paperboy
Because my buddy thought he had another
One in storage, but wasn't true. So I like haywire but
Won't have in 2 weeks. So I'm trying to figure
Out which slot I can convert to haywire. My buddy
Has a few others to chose from. Any suggestions.
I would never back out because your word is all
You have, so finding other one or convert is the other option.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »

Like the first link says, you can make a Double Diamond haywire. Only one I know of.  Double Diamond kit is much easier to find than a Haywire kit.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »

Just to make sure you're on the same page as us, Robertm, a S+ machine can run ANY game kit.  In other words, you could have a Wild Cherry machine, but then take out the Wild Cherry glass, reel strips, and chips, and replace them with Double Diamond Deluxe glass, reel strips, and chips, and turn your machine into a Double Diamond Deluxe machine.

A physical S+ machine can run any of the S+ kits, provided you have the correct glass (technically optional), reel strips, and chips.  It's not like it's "stuck" as being a Wild Cherry machine because that's how it was made.  You just need to change out the stuff mentioned to convert it to a different game theme.

(Directions on how to change game themes can be found here.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Robertm

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »

So if I took my wild cherry and changed chips and reel strips. It would play like
A haywire with wild cherry glass? Could I have
Copied before it leaves and use plain glass
Kind like a paper translite? Or can I find haywire glass?
So if I take the chip from haywire and place in wild cherry
It will work? Do I have to set anything, or just place in
And turn on? Thanks guys , slot are new to me, atleast
Switching them.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »

If you put a SP Type 2 chip into a Wild Cherry game, you would get an error because the Wild Cherry game is a Type 0 SP game - the chips won't be compatible with each other.
If you swapped both the SP and SS "Haywire" chips onto the MPU board and use the Wild Cherry glass, the symbols won't match the awards on the glass.

In other words, the SP chips controls how a game "acts"
The SS chip holds the awards basically.
They have to match each other along with the strips and award glass payouts.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »

So if I took my wild cherry and changed chips and reel strips. It would play like A haywire with wild cherry glass?

Yes, if you put a correct matching set of Haywire reel strips and Haywire chips into the machine, the machine won't know (or care) what glass is installed, and the game will play correctly.

Could I have Copied before it leaves and use plain glass Kind like a paper translite? Or can I find haywire glass?

You might be able to find a Haywire glass kit for sale by posting in the classifieds section, or by checking sites like eBay.  I suppose you could attempt to duplicate the glass, although it would be difficult to do that, and the artwork is copyrighted, so I really can't offer any suggestions in that direction.

So if I take the chip from haywire and place in wild cherry It will work?

The machine will still spin the reels, but if you don't change the reel strips, it will not pay correctly as the machine is expecting to be displaying Haywire reel strips with the symbols that are printed on those.  You need to change chips and reel strips together in order for a machine to function correctly.

Do I have to set anything, or just place in And turn on?

Please see the link I provided to you in Reply #6 above that explains the steps necessary to change out a game, and make sure to always have the power OFF when removing or inserting the circuit board.

In your case since Wild Cherry and Haywire are two different game "types", you WILL need to change both the GAME PROM and REEL PROM.  Doing so will also disable your dollar bill validator (if your machine is so equipped), and will require the use of a special SET chip to re-enable the bill validator.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Robertm

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »

So if I switch both sp and Ss chip the haywire would work
In the wild cherry game. I realize that the pay reels would
Match pay table untill I located correct glass. Just seeing
If im able to make a haywire out of any Igt s+ slot. My buddy
Has a friend with 20 or so flat top and slant top slots
That we can buy pretty cheap, so I was hoping to buy one
And make it a haywire . Besides double diamonds are there any
Easier to switch over. Also if I take glass to kinko's
Could the copy glass pics so I could  use the artwork with
Maybe plain glass?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:52:04 PM »

My local Kinko's won't touch that job - I've already asked.
The first thing they asked me if it was my own artwork.
Well, I bought the glass right?
So I said "yes"
They said "Bring it in".
So I did.
They saw the IGT logo on it and then said ...  "We Can't".

It would be a violation of International Copy-Write Laws
if they copied & printed that glass (or any other for that matter) for me.
Unless they had "written permission" from IGT.
Of course, they could probably "get permission" but by then -
that copy would cost me a couple of thousand dollars! lol

Place a WTB ad on the "classifieds" section of NLG for your glass and hopefully a vendor/seller/member will spot what you want and sell you one.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:54:48 PM by knagl » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:18 PM »

I'm not sure if you're getting this or not.  Yes, you can put the SP and SS chips from the S+ machine that has the Haywire kit into the S+ machine that has the Wild Cherry kit.  If you only swap the chips, the payouts will not be correct, as the reel strips from the Haywire machine have different symbols when compared to the reel strips on the Wild Cherry machine.

The machines are very basic, and very dumb.  They do not know what glass is installed, and they do not know what symbols are on the reel strips that are installed.  All they know is the direction given to them by the SP and SS chips, and will spin the reels to specific stops based on those directions.  If you have the wrong reel strips installed in a game, the machine won't know that, and the payouts will not be correct.  You cannot convert a Wild Cherry game into a "Wild Cherry Haywire" game just by changing the chips.  You CAN completely change everything out and change a machine that formerly had a Wild Cherry kit installed in it and change it into a machine with a Haywire kit installed in it instead, or you could change it to Double Diamond, or you could change it to Five Times Pay, or any other kit that is available to you and is listed in the IGT bible.

As far as Kinko's or whatever, I can't give you suggestions on how to make a copy of copyrighted artwork, I'm sorry.  We don't allow discussion of copying copyrighted material on this site.  muted

Robertm

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 12:06:58 AM »

I get it thanks. It looks like it will be hard to find kit
To change. So I guess I will have to decide what to
Do. I wasn't trying to copy or do any copyright stuff
I didn't know you couldnt copy something that you
You owned. If only for personal use. Sorry didn't know.
Thanks for all your help, I was just trying to make
Sure I could do before messing something up.
I will keep looking for a kit, or buy one piece at a time!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.