Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker Safe Ram Failure
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker Safe Ram Failure  (Read 5249 times)
tacman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 17, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »

Topic: SafeRam Failure  (Read 215 times) 
xoticgt

SafeRam Failure
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:43:54 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 1996 Game Maker and when I turn it on I a message that reads :     

Battery Voltage Low
SafeRam 1 FAILURE
SafeRam 2 FAILURE
if I replace the battery will this fix the problem and also is there anybody have a manual and a repair book on this machine  the SMI is a V7000,How many games does it play 10 or 6?
I just bought it

Thanks,
          John

StatFreak

Re: SafeRam Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't own a Game Maker, but genrerally when you change the battery you will need to perform a ram clear on the machine afterwards to bring it up.

btw, welcome to the forum John!   

I'm sure that someone with more Game Maker experience will chime in here in a few minutes. 

Blueridgeslots

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 05:19:54 AM »   

You will need a Ram Clear chip after changing the Battery as well

midas

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 07:06:05 AM »   

Yes, first change the battery.  It's soldered on the board.  Be careful not to burn the board traces.

Then, use a CLEAR chip to reset the options.  the clear chip goes in socket P10.  Also, Turn dipswitch 1, position 7 and 8 on.

Attached is the Clear procedure.

dansgames

* bally_instructions.doc (20.5 KB - downloaded 473 times.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:51:53 PM by tacman » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.