Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  Other Bill Validators.
| | |-+  WBA to UBA upgrade
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA to UBA upgrade  (Read 5946 times)
Busch
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: January 07, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »

Hi  there. Scratch Head
I would like to upgrade my Unidesa SlanTops, Sigma Pokers 1700, Game Makers, Game Kings and I-Games plus from WBA to UBA, all US$.
Can I just swap them or is there more programming necessary on the machines themselves?
javascript:void(0);
Any help or link is appreciated, as well where to buy from, used or new.

Thanks
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

Just swap them, but keep in mind you have to have the correct software on the UBA (ID 3 ID 24 etc)

Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »

Thank you slotmaster. How would I know which is the correct software?
Is it different ones for each machine type/manufacturer? (ID3 or ID24 does not tell me much).
What I know is for example I make a complete RAM clear on Game maker, in the process the machine asks me which BA I use. Will the machine update on its own to suggest me the UBA as well?
I want to buy a couple of UBAs but need to know for sure how to get them to work cos to get them here to Angola is not just next door.
Ok thank you so far for your help.
Let me check around also to get some more info on software/program requirements, if I find...
so long
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:22:35 PM »

Thank you slotmaster. How would I know which is the correct software?
Is it different ones for each machine type/manufacturer? (ID3 or ID24 does not tell me much).
What I know is for example I make a complete RAM clear on Game maker, in the process the machine asks me which BA I use. Will the machine update on its own to suggest me the UBA as well?
I want to buy a couple of UBAs but need to know for sure how to get them to work cos to get them here to Angola is not just next door.
Ok thank you so far for your help.
Let me check around also to get some more info on software/program requirements, if I find...
so long
Unless you are an operator I suggest just getting a few good WBA's over UBA but you will need ID 24 for IGT and ID003 for WMS and Bally and a few other mfg.   THe UBA supports USB for software downloading / checking and it's free form JCM.  However the images for the ID003 and ID0024 are not on their site so you will have to source that out.    Also the part # on the UBA has which software was original to it but that could have been changed along the way etc.

Busch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »

I have about 20 of those WBA from 11 to 22, alot. But they seem to be very old and let me down more and more, dont accept notes or reject alltogether. I would rather buy new UBAs if affordable. What I needed was probably the whole gear to check and test, upgrade or repair the WBAs, but do not know much about that stuff at all.
I do also have just heads which were working with NAD currency, which are not interchangeable with the BAs using US$.
Do they have that covered in that SLOTTECH magazine somewhere maybe to read about it? I have the manuals.
ilija

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »

Hi there

I have a little beat specific situation... Want to change WBA13 (ID024) to UBA (ID003)
Did anybody already do this? I find out converter board form ID003 to ID024 but not sure will work OK price is 130 Dollars.
Here is link: http://www.agaslots.com/pdf/upc_id003_id024_rev101_en.pdf
Did someone know other solutions?
Thanks

* upc_id003_id024_rev101_en.pdf (342.72 KB - downloaded 868 times.)
WAL_JESUS
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »

Hello, somebody can help me?  I have one wba 22 with protocol ID003 in a germany paymachine (DESIGNA)
I want to replace for uba-10 is the same protocol ,and the same connections but no works. all the conections are in RS-232 mode
only using 6 pins. The unit was calibrated for JCM Mexico and is ready to work, Is Did someone  know other solution?

Thanks ..
JCM Tech

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »

UBAs use a jumper system to convert from TTL to RS-232. Check out the UBA manual at the JCM web site http://www.jcmglobal.com/en/support/downloads/manuals.aspx
on page 2-9 it shows how to set the jumpers for the communication you need.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.