Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Sigma uv1700 won't boot.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma uv1700 won't boot.  (Read 2795 times)
frscolasc
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »

Hi everyone, my name is Floyd and I am new to the website and was hoping that you might be able to help me out. My friend has a Game of Life Sigma uv1700 video slot machine. It was working fine until a few months ago. Then it started taking a long time to "check the cd" while booting up. (Started taking about 10 minutes and then would take almost an hour to load.) Now it won't boot at all.  Neither one of us knows anything about repairing Slots. I have worked on a few computers and know a few things related to them. After reading a few things on the web, these are the things that I have tried so far with no luck: Replaced Ram- Swapped CD Player- Replaced coin batteries - and did a bit by bit copy of the game cd. After that, I booted the machine a bunch of times using both disks - both seem to run thru the loading process and then would error out.
Sometimes it gave me the original CD Rom doe's not match error - other times it would look like it was starting to load and then after about 2 screens of load info the below error screen would build first 3 lines - pause, then another error line, - pause, then the rest of lines showed:

Host Name: bootHost
Target Name:  vxTarget
User: target

Kernel_Hard_Tilt ( ) DURING STATIC CONSTRUCTOR

ERROR  =  SRAM_BU  both primary and backup block CRCs are bad.
Block @ 0xff59ecc,  id=8 (SRAM Backup),  magic=31415
crc=0xcfc7 (should be 0xcb02),  seq=152,  flags=0x00
size=40960

One more thing to ad. When I was trying to fix this "like a computer", I used a keyboard to go into the "set-up" screen and tried "last known good configuration" and "load default settings". Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I wanted to ad that piece of information to the puzzle.

Can anyone please offer me some advice on what to try next. http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/sigmaslot.htm talked about PLCC chips u51 & u52. I am kinda lost on that. Do you think those chips are the problem or could the cd be bad? If it is the chips that I need to replace, do they just pop in and out or do they have to be soldered? (Neither one of us can solder.) And where would you recommend that I purchase them?

This is all Greek to me. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help and time.
Floyd
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »

Welcome to the site, Floyd.

NLG Welcome

I don't know anything about the Sigma slots, but I just wanted to welcome you to the site.  Hopefully someone will be able to chime in soon with some help for you and your machine.  yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
frscolasc
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01:21 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Kevin. I am hoping someone here can help too. I have tried everything I know and have gotten nowhere.  Scratch Head My friends machine has been down for a few months now. He is really bummed out.  bawling
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

The first thing i would do is to preform a Dallas all clear for that you will need the clear chip this will set machine to default   Paul
frscolasc
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:16:55 AM »

Paul, thank you so much for the reply. Can you point me in the right direction on where I can buy the clear chip?
Thanks,
Floyd
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.