Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  newbie with an IGT S+
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: newbie with an IGT S+  (Read 12952 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »

I don't recall ever seeing strips of Wood in a top box.   ??? CRS  

rotflmao That's my homemade 16" S+ topboxes Buzz!
Smells nice too! Like fresh-cut pine!
skip34
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »

The plug on the other end of these wires has '50' written on as well. My guess is some previous owner do this for some unknown purpose.

Anyway, I gather that this plug is not used for normal operation, so I do not need to pay attention to it.

I have completed restoring the coin hopper. I ran 120 vac to the motor leads and watched it spoi out quarters. Here are the before and after pictures.

-Skip

* slot hopper.JPG (279.59 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 257 times.)

* finished hopper 1.JPG (332.22 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 262 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »

Anyway, I gather that this plug is not used for normal operation, so I do not need to pay attention to it.

Correct.  As I mentioned:

You do not need it in order for your machine to function, but you'll want to keep it in the machine for potential future use.

Also, nice job on the hopper!  Night and day difference, Skip!  applause

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

Oh yes!! EXCELLENT restoration on that hopper.  Clap applause applause applause  yes
I CAN'T wait to see what you do to the rest of the machine!!!  obsessed drool
skip34
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »

Yesterday, I got a new transformer (or ballast) for the lamp in the bottom door . I also got a new starter and bulb. I then cleaned the rust on the back of that component 

Today, I worked on the rest of the machine to take of all the rust of the bottom shelf (where the boards, main transformer etc fit), the bottom of the cabinet, and the shelf where the reels go. I used an air powered die grinder, fitted with a wire cup brush and/or an electric angle grinder with again, a wire cup brush.   I was able to get most of the rust off.

I then painted all the components. I will let the paint dry for a day or 2 then will begin assembly. I hope to receive the replacment MPU and mother board by then. I will take plenty of pictures and be happy to post them here.

I still need to clean the outside. If all works out well I will have a good working mschine by this weekend.

-Skip 
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »

Amazing progress in a really short amount of time, Skip.  Keep up the great work, and let us know if you hit any snags along the way and need some pointers.  Clap

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
skip34
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »

Replacement boards came in today. Assembly will begin next week. Pictures to follow

-Skip
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.