Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 06:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-series slot machine reel reader problem help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-series slot machine reel reader problem help  (Read 3730 times)
Randy W
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:00:12 AM »

I have a Bally E-2090 that when I'm doing test #5, reel reader test,  it will only read 0.0.0.0 . .  All of the reader lights lite up.  I just can't figure it out why it will not work. During normal play I get an error 41 and the reels will not stop.  I switched reel readers and the same thing, error 41.  I can do test 2 and everything works on that test. Tested power supply and it is good.  Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:46:24 AM by Randy W » Logged
DCM1519
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »

My E series had the same problem and I tried the same things to identify it. 

The thing that fixed it for me was adjusting the reel clearances which is very easy to do.  All of mine were way too wide.  I just eyeballed it while making the adjustments and did not use a feeler gauge.

I hope this works for you if you have not tried it yet.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »

I have a Bally E-2090 that when I'm doing test #5, reel reader test,  it will only read 0.0.0.0 . .  All of the reader lights lite up.  I just can't figure it out why it will not work. During normal play I get an error 41 and the reels will not stop.  I switched reel readers and the same thing, error 41.  I can do test 2 and everything works on that test. Tested power supply and it is good.  Any help would be great.

Hello and welcome to New Life Games... You said that your meter under test 5 is only reading 0.0.0.0.. Is that with the reels in any position? Have you rotated them to see if you payout meter changes? If they always read 0 then you could have a bad reel reader control board or a wiring issue. I would check the wiring at the plugs at the right rear of the reel assembly. Make sure you don't have a broken wire or a pin pushed back out of the plugs.. As for adjusting your reel readers, you want the reel disk to be 1/32" to 1/16" from the left edge of the reel reader, not centered. I always spin the reel I just adjusted by hand to make sure the disk is not rubbing on the reader..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Randy W
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

Found my problem.  I/O board U8 was bad.  I did not realize the the output on U12 pins 2,6,8 go to the reel control board and also to the I/O board U8 pins 2,4,6.  Replace U8 and able to do test 5 with no problems.  Next problem is no sound on sound board.  I can press the self test button and it will go through several different sounds.  The P1 on the MPU is 550094.  Is this the correct chip for sound?  Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:21:51 AM by Randy W » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.