Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Home Game Rooms.
| | |-+  My New Machine Mega Touch Poker Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My New Machine Mega Touch Poker Machine  (Read 8821 times)
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

I heard our local police auction had 4 poker machines so I went and checked it out.  They would not power them on but said they worked when they were confiscated.  I later figured out that a couple of officers were bidding so my guess is they didn't turn them on in order to keep the prices down.  I threw the dice on one at $75 not knowing a thing about them.  I brought it home and plugged in the thing and it booted right up and works fine.  I think I did pretty good on it and wish I would have picked up the other.  The only thing not working is the BV which I have not played with much.  The dips appear to be all off which I think is wrong.  It is missing the dollar bill cash can, any one know where to get one? 

Does anyone know about these?   Can the software be updated?  I see newer versions, this is Force 2006.  Are there settings that a user can change by maybe telnet into the machine?  Are manuals available for them that anyone is aware of?    Is there any trouble I should be aware of on these?

* IMG_1281.JPG (606.01 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 578 times.)
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »

Nice Score on the MT Force!  applause ....$75 is a STEAL on that one!  yes  (wish I could get one for that yummy )
I have 2 MT Maxx units and love them but am dying to get a Force cause is has Texas Hold'em

Anyway, to answer your questions,
Does anyone know about these?

YES....somebody DOES know about these...uh, just not me  arrow bust gut laughing

Can the software be updated?

YES....software can be updated but requires both a Hard Drive (preloaded) AND a corresponding Security Key
.........Note: Software is only compatible by platform so your Force platform will only run Force software

Are there settings that a user can change by maybe telnet into the machine?

YES....there are some settings that can be set by owner/user in particular with certain game play functions
.........some settings are title specific but you also set machine values ie how many credits per quarter/dollar

Are manuals available for them that anyone is aware of?

YES....manuals are available for these. You can find them and just about anything you're looking for on ePray
or better yet check them out for free at: The Arcade Boneyard

Is there any trouble I should be aware of on these?

YES....there have been some issues with Force units but I am not aware of the troubles as I have not owned one.
David at The Megatouch Store touches on the subject here: General Info

All-in-All, Merit makes good machines. The games are fun & addictive which is why you still find them in bars.
The Force platform introduced a whole new level of games. I've found that MegaTouch is not that difficult to work on cause the
parts basically just trade out. ePray has for me been the best place to find parts etc but with a little searching you can find
a good deal of info and places to get parts

Here are a few links just for reference:

The Megatouch Store
The Arcade Boneyard
AMI Entertainment Network (aka Merit Ind)

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!

tjkeller  Nerd
 nlg Docs

Thank God for Friends!!!
jbshocks

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:50:35 AM »

Thanks for the info. I will check out the links
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »

Wow, what a steal on that game. Congratulations!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

1st great deal in auctions here we pay 250 to 300 for them,2nd no cash box = will not take bills, 3rd up grades are out there and cheap 4th stay clear of david  he,s a scum bag   and will fu k you for sure try neil 44 on ebay for fair prices dave sells shit
jbshocks

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »

I noticed the board has 2 memory slots but only one filled,   is there any advantage to adding more memory on these? 
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »

some megas use  reg comp boards that are made for driffrent use,s some i had xls used 2 boards  most use one the are many games there your shouldn,t get bored for a year , i still can,t understand why police would take them you can,t  win anything on them in nj they took them if you could put up more then 5 credits on them , funny thing no one got them back ever   bet they went home with the police or abc agents
jbshocks

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »

I don't know why they took them unless they were paying for high scores or something,  I really have no clue.  After the sale I figured out why they would not let you plug them in,  a couple of officers were bidders so they probably got to check them out before hand. 
bigslope
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »

http://www.meritind.com/service%20center/manuals/PM0355-13.pdf

Link for the user manual
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 03:19:28 PM »

I don't know why they took them unless they were paying for high scores or something,  I really have no clue.

Some states have really weird laws regarding those machines.  In Minnesota, for example, the machines can't have any "poker" games enabled (if they do, they're considered gambling devices and are illegal), and for the "adult" Photo Hunt games there can be full female nudity, but not full male nudity.  There are probably other rules related to them, too.

I found in the files of a place I used to work at that they had been busted by the local police department before I worked there for having machines from Iowa in the establishment (which didn't have the Minnesota software), with some poker games enabled.  I don't know if the machines were confiscated or if the place just got fined for it.

Again, congrats on a steal of a deal.  I'd jump on that at twice the price.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »

I just saw it was a 2006 model   you did real well
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

I just saw it was a 2006 model   you did real well

2006, flatscreen LCD thin body, etc. etc.  I'm green with envy.   yes

jbshocks

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »

I have been playing with it a bit and I have figure out custom screens,  adult content control, free play and what not.   Does anyone know if any versions of the software have traditional poker or black jack?  I have not found them in mine. 

Also I had someone offer to trade my mars bill validator (missing stacker) for a 2008 version hard drive and key.  With freeplay I really don't have a need for the validator but do you think I would regret it in the future?  If I ever decided to sell it without a BV would it be a harder sell or worth less money?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »

we pull the bill units out of all the megas we sell to homes  , then we sell those thur a game auction  , they bring any where from 25 to 75 bucks each not a bad return when we sometime only pay 50 bucks for the game
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.