Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  Rotomat Astor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rotomat Astor  (Read 12398 times)
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »

I also picked up a Rotomat Astor with the Groetchen Columbia and would like some input as to how the Astor works. It has a power supply to step up to 240 volts, but I don't have any idea as to how to start and continue play. It lights up and a reel spins when I put in a coin, but then nothing. Any U tube vids seem to make it appear that it plays itself. Any thoughts ?

Frank A

Frank A
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »

we sold them in mid 70,s we got them from england they were are a hard at 35 to 50 bucks each ,we used a stepup transfroner to change to 220, hope you didn,t pay much
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »

Hi Steve. I bought the Rotomat Astor and a 5 cent Groetchen Columbia for $ 400. I have played with the Columbia this morning and can't get beyond the coins not going into the carousel or jamming at the coin head. The arm is being held back and will not engage the gears. I assume it is because the coins are not in place. Do I have to load the coin head and th carousel with nickels first ?Any thoughts ?
I do not have any idea how the Rotomat works. Any basic instructions ?

Frank A
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »

roto is just a wall slot  should have payout tube pays like a old slot, some had a coil that worked payout , the columbia were always trouble , i don,t have any  and its been awhile since i worked on one,someone in the group might help you on that one
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

here is how the rotomat works:

http://www.automatenarchiv.de/atm008.htm

http://www.goldserie.de/index.php?option=com_beschreibung&letter=A&Itemid=111&limitstart=60

http://www.muenzspielfreund.goldserie.de/zzz100-astor.html

http://www.rd-b.de/html/datenblatt2.htm

... only those who grow up and remain children are human
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »

Thank you. I can always count on the NLG family for answers. Does anyone know how to unjamb a 1936 Groetchen Columbia ? I got the coin mech working but there is a major jamb that I am stumped by.

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »

Can anyone translate the last 2 links or direct me to a translate site and tell me how to do it ?
Thanks,
Frank

Frank A
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

Hi Frank,
You can try the Google Translater – very funny !!
Because of a mistake in the german text, google asserts that your machine has a 'vagina'. Cry Laughing

I‘ll try to describe the game: (hoping you understand my bad english)

The old German Gaming regulation said the maximum win per game is limited to 10 times the bet.(The bet is fixed 0,20 DM) Likewise, a game takes at least 15 sec. To  make the game yet more interesting you could win a series of bonus games where it is easy to get 10 times the bet. (you win on a wildcard symbol or even just on a striped symbol on the last reel.50:50) Similarly, the Japanese Pachislo machines.
The 10 series is triggered at three crowns, the 5-Series at three swords.
The top win („super bonus) is a series of 50 bonus games (red counter)
The 10 or the 5 bonus games, you can get with the crown or sword symbols, are indicated in the illuminated tableau. With the crown symbol on the last reel you can get more bonus games depending on the colour of your current game shown in the tableau. A red box (3,7 or 15) =2 more bonus games, box 5 or 6 = +5, box 10 =+10, box 1=+20. Illuminated  box 16 and the crown symbol on last reel is like a jackpot (50 bonus games)

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »

Thank you. I still don't have power or lights at the start button. The machine takes coins and gives credits but will not light the bottom half. There are lights on the mid reels, but nothing on the lower area at the bottom. I found three fuses and they test good. The schematic is in German, but the fuse symbols are the same. Is there another fuse somewhere that I don't see ? If I jump power to the bottom lights with wires and clips will I create any issues ? Are the lights stepped down from 240 volts ? I thought that I would go from one lighted lamp to one unlighted lamp on the start switch circuit with wires from + to + and - to -. What do you think ?

Frank A
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »

there should not be a +  & - it should be ac volts  not dc check it with a vollt meter you can buy one at lowes if you don,t have one you should beable to jump it  just cut off dead wire and hook to hot ones ,if you don,t cut dead  ones it might blow something see where the  dead lights get 1st feed from cut there jump to working  lights
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

Thank you. I will try tonight.

Frank A
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »

The ‚Start‘ button is not for to start the game. It’s for restarting, that means if the first reel’s symbols are not what you want to see, you can start the first reel again. If there’s enough credit on the meter, the machine must start up itself and play as long as there is enough credit.

Lamps for general lighting Ba9s 9x23mm / light bar / panel meter 12V / 3W
  Lamps (ball) E10 d = 11mm for quarter and Geldzählwerkbeleuchtung 12V ​​/ 3-4W

fuses:
  1x serial for game display (above the gong) 0.63 A fuse
  1x on the housing (on the connector to backplane) 0.50 A fuse
  2x at rear panel for 220V 1.25 A medium lag
  1x light fuse on the transformer 6.30 A medium lag

* Rotomat Astor Lageplan.jpg.jpeg (148.77 KB, 727x1116 - viewed 2433 times.)

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »

I found the three that you have marked on the schematic. Are there 2 more somewhere ? I have the same schematic shown here.

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

The good news is I got the game going. The fan motor was binding and not allowing the reels to spin. Once I freed up the fan it worked. I also put in 4 size C batteries in the battery case. The bad news is that it wins all of the time. It went from 5 credits to 12 and it kept on going up. The bonus reel was stuck on 20 and I manually advanced it to 0 so that light went out.  I press the red start/stop button and it keeps on winning like it has a mind of its own. Is there a reset button somewhere ? I stop the advancing credits by cashing out. It does take a credit to start a new game, but it keeps advancing with more wins like it is bonus or fever round. Is there any skill or control involved with these machines or do they just run on and on ? Thank you for your help. I also finally got the 1936 five cent Groetchen Columbia slot working. Nice old machine.

Frank A

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »

Putting the 4 c cell batteries into the machione set up the power source for an alarm status that went off at 1:00 AM. A deafening siren like alarm. Does that mean that it is malfunctioning ? The power strip was off, but the siren worked off of the bateries. The batteries were very hot too. Batteries are now out but the machine is up to 30 plus credits and growing. There has to be a reset for the winning status somewhere.

Frank A
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »

The alarm stops when both door contacts are opened (door closed).
I think your biggest problem is gummy lubricant. The only effective remedy: disassembly, cleaning, new Grease.
Also you can check the pulse cam.

Adjusting the pulse cam Wulff series 1970-1975
Models Super Joker, Monarch, Trianon, Astor, Regent

The contacts of the cam pulse gives the counted pulses to the counter templates. It is located right on the drive shaft of the reels, directly to the chassis.
Important in this context are the positions of the cam contacts N10-N20 on the camshaft. (count the 10th-20th cam from below). These determine the number of pulses.

The pulse-cam is set as follows:
Turn the camshaft of the contactor as  far as N14 is closed. Then turn the fan blade by hand in the same direction  until one of the contacts N10-20 opens.
The pulse-cam must be in the position as shown in the figure above. IK1 the upper contact has just opened.
If this position is not given, the cam must, after loosening the screw, be brought into the required position. Tighten the screw again!

By turning the camshaft in the position (lower image) all the contacts N10 - N20 must be opened. If this is not the case, the angled legs of N10-N20 has to be bent. Upon closing of each cam contact N10-20, the cam must always have the position as shown in the lower figure.

* cam.jpg (48.54 KB, 400x500 - viewed 579 times.)

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »

Thank you. I will adjust tonight. Will this cause the game to continue in the win mode and add credits on every play ? Is there a rule set available in English ? I appreciate your help.
Frank

Frank A
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »

Because of a mistake in the german text, google asserts that your machine has a 'vagina'. Cry Laughing

Is that the "coin slot"?   rotflmao bust gut laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »

@knagl
this seems natural-but they write the german word 'Unterschiede' (=difference) as 'Unterscheide' (google translation = below vagina)

@frank
I'll try to translate in the course of this week

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »

Thank you. You are the best !!! Any idea as to value on this machine if I want to sell it ?
Frank

Frank A
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.