Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Gets 3100 error - will not clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Gets 3100 error - will not clear  (Read 3878 times)
memays
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 30, 2012, 01:28:00 AM »

I have an S+ machine that was running fine, then got 3100 error.  (alternating 3100 - 1, and both candle lights flashing) I have read all of the posts and manuals, checked the hopper for stuck coins, checked the optics, and even swapped out the hopper assy with a known good one.   I have  reset, and open/close the door several hundred times.   Wondering if there may be a problem with door optics? and perhaps it does not know I am closing the door.?    Any way to bypass door optics to test?
memays

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »

Changed out the door optics with another machine - No Difference Scratch Head
memays

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »

After reading other posts here, I decided to remove the CMOS chip to clear it, and re-insert it.  Powered up the machine, and now got 61 error.  Opened the door, and pushed test button until "Bong", which then presented 61-1 error.   Now that will not clear Help   I am still under the impression that the machine is not understanding that the door is being opened/closed, even after replacing the door optics with ones from a known good machine.   Anyone know how to by-pass the door optics to see if that is the problem??
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:48 PM »

Type in "bypass" in the search box...there's a few threads on it with pictures and diagrams.
I don't have it right now.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »

.Powered up the machine, and now got 61 error.  Opened the door, and pushed test button until "Bong", which then presented 61-1 error.   Now that will not clear

Are you clearing it properly? After the 61_1, you need to close and latch the door, then turn the jackpot reset key.
memays

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »

Checked voltages on Door optics, and got different readings between another good machine, and this one.   Got the flashlight, and did some tracing of the wires from the optics, and traced it to the cash can door, where I found that someone had bypassed this switch, and stuck the wires together. I must have knocked them loose removing and re-inserting the cash box <Arrgh>  I  jumpered them back together and VIOLA!!  it now recognizes the door being closed, and cleared the error. Clap   

Now however, I have the blue candle light flashing, and it rejects coins.   It does however accept bills, and ring up credits,    Once credits are used, the blue candle starts flashing again, and it still does not accept coins.   (Keep in mind, this was all working perfectly until the original 3100 error started).     I checked the coin comparator, and re-seated tje sample token, but no change.   Thanks for the help so far!!, anyone have an idea on this latest symptom???
memays

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »

Re-Seated the sample coin in the comparator, and re-seated the connectors to it,and the machine now accepts coins, bills, with no flashing lights or error codes <YEA!!> applause
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:03:55 AM »

Re-Seated the sample coin in the comparator, and re-seated the connectors to it,and the machine now accepts coins, bills, with no flashing lights or error codes <YEA!!> applause

Classic case of oxidized male pins and female receptor pins.  propeller
Try ""De-Oxit" or any can of spray that cleans the oxidization off of the pins inside the Molex housings.
The contacts will be much better after using the stuff.
Glad to see you got it up and running again!  yes

Oh! And one more thing...sometimes the receptors get weakened over time
and are spread out to far to make full contact with the male pins.
That's when it's a good time to carefully inspect the receptor pins
and see if you can carefully apply a little pressure and squeeze them
a little closer together with a Molex tube.
These tubes are essentially the same things guys use to remove the pins from the Molex housings.
They're readily available at any good electronic places.
I picked mine up from Mouser.com but some guys sell various kits
with several different sized high tensile strength steel tubes.
Avoid the plastic junk - they don't last.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:09:15 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.