Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  No Sound on lotus flower game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Sound on lotus flower game  (Read 2903 times)
nizaram
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »

Hello guys i need some help here pleaseeeee , i had a cleopatra game , so ive decided to change it to lotus flower , i ordered it , and since the lotus flower is a 044 , i had to order the processor board with the motherboard , now the game is working fine but ive got no sound , on the 039 board (cleopatra) there i can see the speaker output coz on the motherboard its written next to each output example (netplex printer , multimedia comm , speaker etc.) but on the new 044 motherboard i cant find the output for the speakers there is (j19 , j18 , j16 etc.) . please can somebody help me , or tell me if am looking for the problem in the right place or no?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »

First verify you have the sound output harness plugged in on the mother board...it' located down and to the right on the mother board at the J19 location.  It's easy to miss this little plug when you are swapping mother boards from a 3902 to a 044.

If this is not the problem, then very likely the sound output is blown on the processor board and needs to be repaired.  I have run into this a few times.  Also possible, but unlikely would be a short on the motherboard, but this would be rare.  The only good way to test and confirm would be to swap out with known good parts from another machine.  The outputs are located on the processor board where circled in RED below.  Look carefully for any blown caps or processor chips:

* 044 sound.jpg (944.66 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 395 times.)

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
nizaram
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »

First verify you have the sound output harness plugged in on the mother board...it' located down and to the right on the mother board at the J19 location.  It's easy to miss this little plug when you are swapping mother boards from a 3902 to a 044.

If this is not the problem, then very likely the sound output is blown on the processor board and needs to be repaired.  I have run into this a few times.  Also possible, but unlikely would be a short on the motherboard, but this would be rare.  The only good way to test and confirm would be to swap out with known good parts from another machine.  The outputs are located on the processor board where circled in RED below.  Look carefully for any blown caps or processor chips:

Thank you soooo much it was the outputs on the processor board blown up ,, ill try to repair it . thx again Smiley
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 01:30:39 AM »

Thank you soooo much it was the outputs on the processor board blown up ,, ill try to repair it . thx again

Well if you just bought the board set up I would send it back and ask for a replacement.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
nizaram
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »

Thank you soooo much it was the outputs on the processor board blown up ,, ill try to repair it . thx again

Well if you just bought the board set up I would send it back and ask for a replacement.
i already did thanks a lot Smiley
Please i need your advise in another thing , i have a cleopatra 2 machine 044 its working fine only there is no audio , i changed the amplifier i even seperated the harness that goes from the amp. to the motherboard to see is its ok , everything is ok , even on the proicessor board where u asked me to look for blown caps , its ok . where else should i look ,,, i removed the cleopatra2 processor board and put it on another machine , its working fine and the sound is very good . can it be the board ?
and please if u can advice me from a place where i can buy spareparts for my machines ill be thankful ( if its ok with the webmasters of course Smiley )
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

Is the amp you moved to this machine known working?  What about the speakers?  I have a machine or two in my shop that suffered a surge before it was in my hands and all top box speakers were bad.  Also, check to make sure the power to the amp in the top box is plugged in and fully seated.  Finally, try changing out the power supply with a known fully working one.

Or, try changing out the motherboard.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:12:22 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.