Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  HELP FIND!!!!!!????
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP FIND!!!!!!????  (Read 29123 times)
footballhi
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »

OK  where is the best place to buy the chips , every one seemed to frown on eBay..
footballhi
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »

...THEN i played till i hit the  3xred 7s nothing in any window,just the candle,..the mixed 7s pays 50 coin and the  3 x3 bars pays 100 coin,all the others pays correct~~~just the 3xred 7s dose nothing but the candle....

"Just the candle"

I still think you are getting the "Hand-Pay" mode...why? I don't know why because
you have all the settings and limits set high enough.
Also, you've changed the wins to be displayed on the credits window?
If so, then I wonder why you're not seeing the "100" in the display?
Please check your settings again -to see if they're enabled.

Is the game "locking up" and are you getting the candle to stop flashing by turning the reset key?
I'm wondering what you are doing when you see the candle flashing?  Scratch Head

I have one more question...>>> When you hit the 3 red 7's, are you playing 2 coins or 1 coin?
I would like you to try to play the "Max" bet of 2 coins for every pull - until we figure this out.

yes  always only 2 coins,just  1 turn of the candle sets it back to ready  and play  ,   and  nothing ever  show in any  windows  ,just the  candle.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »

He never said if he changed that or not.

footballhi ,
If you have not already done it, with no credits on the machine, press the self test button 2 times until you have 0 in the coins played and 2_x in the winner paid (x might be 0,1). You are now in 'page zero'. Now turn the reset key until you get 13_x in the winner paid. Press the spin button to change it to 13_1

Hand-Pay Display <0> [13]   Options are enabled {1} or disabled {0}.  If enabled, the hand-pay amount is displayed when the game goes into a hand-pay condition.

Now when you hit the 3 red sevens it should show you the win amount. This won;t fix the problem, but it may help to determine what is going on.
footballhi
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

I was wondering is this clear chip in  any other  electrical item i may have, that  i could use to set the slot with.  or is this a bad idea
footballhi
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »

footballhi ,
If you have not already done it, with no credits on the machine, press the self test button 2 times until you have 0 in the coins played and 2_x in the winner paid (x might be 0,1). You are now in 'page zero'. Now turn the reset key until you get 13_x in the winner paid. Press the spin button to change it to 13_1

Hand-Pay Display <0> [13]   Options are enabled {1} or disabled {0}.  If enabled, the hand-pay amount is displayed when the game goes into a hand-pay condition.

Now when you hit the 3 red sevens it should show you the win amount. This won;t fix the problem, but it may help to determine what is going on.

I just changed it ,i will play it and see what happens..SORRY I missed this earlyer...
poppo

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »

I was wondering is this clear chip in  any other  electrical item i may have, that  i could use to set the slot with.  or is this a bad idea

The clear chip does 2 things. It erases the CMOS chip on the MPU (the big board) and it eases the EEPROM on the motherboard (the board that the MPU plugs into)

You can erase the CMOS by pulling it off of the board for a few seconds. It's battery backed up, so removing it will cause it to lose it's memory. However the EEPROM is a little more difficult. First it's soldered on the board. Secondly, you would need a EPROM burner capable of programming/erasing serial EEPROMS.

So it is possible to do the clear without a clear chip, but it would take more work/equipment.

You could try pulling the CMOS and see what happens. It won't hurt anything as it will get 're-loaded' from the EEPROM on boot up. But usually it's the EEPROM that has bad data in it that causes the issues.

But should you decide to try it, this is what you do.

1. With power off remove the MPU and pull out the CMOS chip. Wait a few seconds and plug it back in (don't put it in backward)
2. Put the MPU and hopper back in.
3. Power up the machine and you will get a 61 error.
4. With the door open, press the self test button until it changes to 61_1 (and it should make a ding sound).
5. Close and latch the door.
6. Turn the jackpot reset key once and you should be good to go.

FYI, after you use a set chip, you will always get a 61 error. After using a clear, you will get a few other errors too. This is all normal.
Here is a list of the common errors and how to clear them
http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:15:29 PM by poppo » Logged
footballhi
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »

THANK YOU POPPO, I HAVE SAVED ALL YOUR INFO ,AND I REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIME ALL OF YOU HAVE SPENT ON THE (NEW GUY)...
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 12:16:53 PM »

You've Got Mail  Gave you some more reading material. rotflmao

Ron (r273)
footballhi
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

footballhi ,

Hand-Pay Display <0> [13]   Options are enabled {1} or disabled {0}.  If enabled, the hand-pay amount is displayed when the game goes into a hand-pay condition.

I just changed it ,i will play it and see what happens..SORRY I missed this earlyer...

OK I FINALLY HIT THE 3X RED 7s AND STILL NOTHING JUST THE LIGHT, TURN KEY AND PLAYED MORE..
poppo

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »

OK I FINALLY HIT THE 3X RED 7s AND STILL NOTHING JUST THE LIGHT, TURN KEY AND PLAYED MORE..

Well, I'm out of ideas, so it sounds like it's time to do a clear.

You can try pulling the CMOS, but I would not hold your breath that it will fix it. But it can't hurt. You won't have to set up anything again if you try it.

footballhi
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 01:55:38 PM »

Well, I'm out of ideas, so it sounds like it's time to do a clear.

You can try pulling the CMOS, but I would not hold your breath that it will fix it. But it can't hurt. You won't have to set up anything again if you try it.

OK,  I removed the CMOS chip and waited a little bit and put it back, and powered up and no code was on it was just ready to play ????....
poppo

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »

OK,  I removed the CMOS chip and waited a little bit and put it back, and powered up and no code was on it was just ready to play ????....

Are you sure it was the CMOS chip you pulled? It really should have given the 61. FWIW the 61 error is when the CMOS data does not match the EEPROM on boot.

Does your CMOS look like a regular chip of does it have what looks like a small box on top of it? I 'think' some of them have their own short term strorage (i.e. the little box thing) along with the regular battery. So you may try it again, but after pulling it, ground/short all of the pins of the CMOS on a piece of foil or something.

Note: This one does not have the small box thing on it.

* cmos.jpg (186.03 KB, 768x512 - viewed 300 times.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:36:25 PM by poppo » Logged
footballhi
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

yes , it had it lad out just as your post below, i am going to do it again and leave it out longer.
footballhi
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »

OK  IT  DID LIKE YOU SAID,I GROUNDED ID AND PUT IT BACK,  NOW  ILL PLAY AND SEE IF ANY CHANGES...
poppo

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »

OK  IT  DID LIKE YOU SAID,I GROUNDED ID AND PUT IT BACK,  NOW  ILL PLAY AND SEE IF ANY CHANGES...

Did you get the 61 error this time?
footballhi
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »

YES IT  GOT THE 61 AND GOT IT CHANGED TO   61    1 AND IT PLAYED WIN  I HIT   THE 3X7s SAME OLD THING  NOTHING IN  ANY  WINDOW  AND THE LIGHT CAME ON UP TOP....THANKS FOR YOU HELP======SOMEONE said  i my  be able to  buy the SET090 and clear chip on  here? could  guide me to it ,all i saw for sale was a slot machine....thanks anyway i found the for sale stuff..
poppo

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »

YES IT  GOT THE 61 AND GOT IT CHANGED TO   61    1 AND IT PLAYED WIN  I HIT   THE 3X7s SAME OLD THING  NOTHING IN  ANY  WINDOW  AND THE LIGHT CAME ON UP TOP....THANKS FOR YOU HELP======SOMEONE said  i my  be able to  buy the SET090 and clear chip on  here? could  guide me to it ,all i saw for sale was a slot machine....

Well, it was worth a shot. And at least now you know how to clear a 61.

As for the chips, just head over the clasifieds here
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=108.0
and post a WTB for a clear and SET090. I'm sure someone will help you out.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »

I've never seen someone hit 3 red 7's so much!   Hail
Whaddaya doing...playing that thing for hours?!   
There must be a lot of 3 red 7's on that chip! rotflmao

Anyways, if you've now changed the Hand-Pay Display 13-0 to a 13-1....it should be displaying the 100 credit wins
for the red 7's on the display panel.
But every time you hit it - it doesn't display the "100" - that is SUPER strange!  Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 2

I agree with everyone here.
We've tried everything and it's still not working right.
Now's the time for you to get the Clear chip
and wipe out everything back to the ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTINGS.

NOTE To SELF: You noticed how we did NOT suggest using a Clear chip in 60+ posts?
The Clear chip procedure is the LAST resort
and is rarely needed for this platform.
In this case - it won't hurt to try a Clear now that the
slot homeowner has a better understanding of how to set up an S+.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:13:48 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
footballhi
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »

NOT ALL THE TIME , BUT WHEN YOU ALL HAVE ME TRY SOME THING I HAVE TO PLAY IT TO SEE IF IT WORKED,  but any how i have ordered the clear chip and a set090 . i will let you all know when they get here and we can figure this out... THANKS YOU TO EVERY ONE FOR ALL THE HELP , I HAVE LEARNED ALOT IN THIS PROCESS ,THANKS BILL...
footballhi
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »

ok guys,i will have the set chip and the set 90 chip today, i need to know how to do this ,in detail i am sure,i can do with you all helping...
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »

Here's the step by step on your SET chip

The clear chip is pretty straight forward, insert, turn on machine, wait till it counts up, remove

* SET090PSR.doc (13.5 KB - downloaded 214 times.)
poppo

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »

Ok, here you go.

1. Power down the machine and remove the MPU
2. Install the clear chip where the game chip goes. Make sure you put it in right.
3. Install the MPU. No need to put the hopper in.
4. Power up the machine and wait a few seconds.
5. Press the self test button and the display should count up a couple of times. When it's done power down the machine.
6. Reinstall the game chip making sure you don't have it in backward. Put the MPU and hopper back in.
7. Power up the machine and clear all of the errors using this guide.

When that is done let us know and we will proceed with the set chip. Do not proceed with the set chip until the machine is clear of errors and will take coins and play.
footballhi
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

Ok, here you go.

2. Install the clear chip where the game chip goes. Make sure you put it in right.
5. Press the self test button and the display should count up a couple of times. When it's done power down the machine.
6. Reinstall the game chip making sure you don't have it in backward. Put the MPU and hopper back in.
7. Power up the machine and clear all of the errors using this guide.

When that is done let us know and we will proceed with the set chip. Do not proceed with the set chip until the machine is clear of errors and will take coins and play.

thanks poppo,i also found this info on another post.I'll let you all no how it turns out....
poppo

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »

When you have that done, you can proceed to the SET chip. The SET chip is done in a similar manner as the clear. Make note of step #5 since you have a SP1271.

2. Install the SET chip where the game chip goes. Make sure you put it in right.
5. Since you have a SP1271, press the self test button until you get 8_x (x may be 0 or 1). Press the spin button to change it to 8_1 if it's not already there. This is needed to allow bills to go to credit. There is a separate option in the normal self test for this, but it needs to be set here first.
6. Press the self test button again until you have a 9_0. Press the spin button to change it to 9_1 to enable the BV.
7. Press the self test button one more time and you should have 00 displayed. Press the spin button to set your denomination. i.e. 5=$.05 25=$.25 etc. Press the self test button to save it.
8. Power down the machine. Note: if you press the self test button too many times and 'roll around' you may need to reset the denomination again. So just power it down after you have saved the denomination in the previous step.
9. Reinstall the game chip making sure you don't have it in backward. Put the MPU and hopper back in.
10. Power up the machine and clear the 61 as normal.

<edit> Depending on the set chip used, the denomination may not be right after the 9_1 as stated in step 7. You may have to press the self test button until there is a 6 in the coins played window.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:11:29 PM by poppo » Logged
footballhi
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »

When you have that done, you can proceed to the SET chip. The SET chip is done in a similar manner as the clear. Make note of step #5 since you have a SP1271.

2. Install the SET chip where the game chip goes. Make sure you put it in right.
5. Since you have a SP1271, press the self test button until you get 8_x (x may be 0 or 1). Press the spin button to change it to 8_1 if it's not already there. This is needed to allow bills to go to credit. There is a separate option in the normal self test for this, but it needs to be set here first.
6. Press the self test button again until you have a 9_0. Press the spin button to change it to 9_1 to enable the BV.
7. Press the self test button one more time and you should have 00 displayed. Press the spin button to set your denomination. i.e. 5=$.05 25=$.25 etc. Press the self test button to save it.
8. Power down the machine. Note: if you press the self test button too many times and 'roll around' you may need to reset the denomination again. So just power it down after you have saved the denomination in the previous step.
9. Reinstall the game chip making sure you don't have it in backward. Put the MPU and hopper back in.
10. Power up the machine and clear the 61 as normal.

ok ,poppo ,i just got them in my hand from the mail. going to do this ,i'll be back in a few...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.