Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  converting igt s-slot from 220 to 115
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: converting igt s-slot from 220 to 115  (Read 3535 times)
nick614
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »

I have an igs s-slot white daimonds machine. There were some issues wiht the electridcal and I took it to an slot repair and they installed a new transformer. The transformer they installed matched what was originally in the unit. They were unable to get the machine running, the previous owner had rigged up the wiring the make the machine to run on 115. They were unfamilliar with the wiring on the older s- slot they were mnore familiar with the s+ series. When they installed the new transformer they disconnected some wiring that was connected together in the wiring harness. now I have a new transformer but the machine does not work. The old transformer that came with the machine is a 9 pin 220 transformer model 560 026 90  and the service manual states I need a 115v transformer 560 021 90 . I am familiar with elctrical wiring and I woud apprecaite any help someone could provide to get this thing running again.

Thanks

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »

You probably already have this, but maybe it will help. It's from a S+, but if the primary of yours has 3 teminals, the end and center should be 115vac. If it only has 2 terminals, it may be 220vac only.

And of course check all fuse AND fuse holder caps.

* transformer.jpg (68.34 KB, 388x456 - viewed 294 times.)
nick614
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »

You probably already have this, but maybe it will help. It's from a S+, but if the primary of yours has 3 teminals, the end and center should be 115vac. If it only has 2 terminals, it may be 220vac only.

And of course check all fuse AND fuse holder caps.

according to my manual the 3rd should be a 7 vac common.

Whold you happen to know what model number transformer this diagram is from?
poppo

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:33:19 AM »

Whold you happen to know what model number transformer this diagram is from?

It's just out of a S+ manual.

I guess I'm trying to say that there should be one unused terminal if the transformer is dual voltage. If all of the terminals are in use, it may be a 220vac only. But I have no idea how a S is wired.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »

where is the 115 Secondary Winding (output) in that diagram.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
poppo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »

where is the 115 Secondary Winding (output) in that diagram.

Who are you asking? 

The diagram above has the primary winding that is 220vac in end to end. But it has a center tap for 115vac in. I would assume a 220vac machine might have a separate transformer for the ballasts and hopper.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:59 AM »

the book you  have might be the one you need.my wiring diagram has the following, 115vac into the line filter,out of the line filter to the following places,service outlet,service light-one leg is used for the switch to operate the light.then onto the on/off switch. through the on/off switch, the common goes to the primary of the transformer pin 1, the hot goes from the switch to the fuse f-3,then onto the primary pin2, the hot lead also goes to the load post on the SSR, the common goes to pin 12 of the hopper plug. thats all the input my book shows,I'm sure there is a tap off that goes to some terminal strips that operate the 115vac lighting.        the secondary wiring has the following:  pin 6-7-8 form the 24vac center tapped voltage, pin 6 goes to fuse f-1 then onto 9/11 of J-4 this is 24vac hot, this also goes to the handle soleniod, all the meters,and to the divertor and lockout coils on the coin comp. housing.pin 7 is the centertap it goes to j-4 pins 1,2,6,3,4,. pin8 is the24vac return,it goes to j-4 pin 5,7 and to pin5 on the optical encoder/decoder on the coin handling housing.pins 3-4-5 are the 7/8 vac and return.  pin 5 is the 8vac hot, it goes to pin 13/15 of j-4,pin 4 is the 7vac hot, it goes to the denomination lamp,all other lamps.  pin3 goes to fuse f-2 as the 7/8vac commonit ties into j-4 pins 4/5, same pins the 24vac ct are tied into. also goes to the hopper plug pin9 , ground post on the SSR ,and a common for all the switches  in the machine.

Hope this helps.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »

Oops, it is the PE+ schematic that I looked at, that has 115V secondary winding.
Maybe I thought the S+ had one as well.
Oh well.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.