Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT Stinkin Rich call attendant problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Stinkin Rich call attendant problem  (Read 6527 times)
nizaram
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »

Hello guys , i have a Stinkin Rich 039 IGT game , every week or so when i turn it on it give me an error call attendant etc. so i always fix it by using the clearchip and reprogram the machine , i changed battaries but nothing changed , today i got this error , so i used the clear chip , after 30 min again call attandant with this screen error please chek it out and if u can give me any help ill be thankful .

* 1.jpg (247.79 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 1345 times.)

* 2.jpg (346.8 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 917 times.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:13:33 PM by nizaram » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »

As far as I can see - it looks like you're losing your time and date settings...seems to be going back to 2005!
You're getting serious errors causing a complete computer crash.
I wish I had a list of errors for your machine... hissy fit

I'd try swapping the chips onto another 039 board to see if the fault follows the chips.
If everything is fine with the swap - then you know your board is at fault with the embedded processor chip
or withe some other component on the main board.

Another thing to look at is the battery again.
You said you changed it out.
I'd check it out and see what the voltage reading is on it to see if it lost power during the week.
Maybe something is killing it?
Is it possible at all that that battery was bad to begin with?
I'd check it out because I think the battery is what keeps your time & date retained in the memory RAM chip.
Did you have to solder the battery in?
Could be the solder job overheated the traces going to it?
If in a battery holder/socket - then I'd check the contacts.

I know...a lot of questions - not much answers, but it's a start until someone
with more experience with the 039's chimes in!
It's just things I would take a look at for now.... yes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:35:53 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
nizaram
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

As far as I can see - it looks like you're losing your time and date settings...seems to be going back to 2005!

I'd try swapping the chips onto another 039 board to see if the fault follows the chips.
If everything is fine with the swap - then you know your board is at fault with the embedded processor chip

I'd check it out and see what the voltage reading is on it to see if it lost power during the week.
I'd check it out because I think the battery is what keeps your time & date retained in the memory RAM chip.

Thank you, i will try to do what uve said and ill let u know Smiley thx again
nizaram
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »

Thank you, i will try to do what uve said and ill let u know Smiley thx again

i swapped the chips into another 039 processor board , now its giving me : KEYCHIP SECURITY CODE : NOT INSTALLED . please can you tell me where i can find the security chip on the 039 processor board . thx
nizaram
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »

Hello Guys , i was advised to change the game chips into another processor board , now when i turn the machine on , its saying : KEYCHIP SECURITY CODE : NOT INSTALLED  , i turn the attendant key after the machine restarts by itself ,,, please can anybody tell me or explain for me the procedure on swapping games on 039 boards . thx guys for the help .
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »

I merged your other post to this post so that it does not get confusing with multiple replies in two different threads.

I have not seen those errors before.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »

Hello Guys , i was advised to change the game chips into another processor board , now when i turn the machine on , its saying : KEYCHIP SECURITY CODE : NOT INSTALLED  , i turn the attendant key after the machine restarts by itself ,,, please can anybody tell me or explain for me the procedure on swapping games on 039 boards . thx guys for the help .

i haven't seen this one myself but i would start by doing what the game is asking for; install the keychip! Tongue Out  worst case would be to pull out the clear chips again and start from scratch.  did you move just the game chips?  most IGames need to be a matched set of game/base chips so if you've got a Munsters (or other IGame) base chip with your Stinkin Rich game chips you're probably not going to have much success.  good luck!! applause

Now You're Techin'!!!
nizaram
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »

i haven't seen this one myself but i would start by doing what the game is asking for; install the keychip! Tongue Out  worst case would be to pull out the clear chips again and start from scratch.  did you move just the game chips?  most IGames need to be a matched set of game/base chips so if you've got a Munsters (or other IGame) base chip with your Stinkin Rich game chips you're probably not going to have much success.  good luck!! applause

Kforeman thx for your reply i did exactly what uve said and it was working perfectly until today!!! i turned the machine on and it gave CALL ATTENDANT error , i turned the attendant key and i got this error :
EPROM SYNCHRONIZATION ERROR  -0x10000006
please anybody can tell what should i be looking for to fix this error so i wont get it again .
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

give us some history of the machine.  has it worked since you owned it?   and now this problem!!!

I always use the clues the machine is displaying. when the game malfunctions, what is the status of the leds on the board, particular the red led. then I check the voltages on the power supply, +13vdc/+25vdc. if the power supply is good,( power supplies usually have heat related problems, the longer they are on the problem will occur, and if the power supply is bad NOTHING else will work)  then you only have three things remaining, the board, the software, the motherboard.

sounds as if you have extra boards,  if these are known good, then  software perhaps.

that just my approach.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.