Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double diamond deluxe 61 won't clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double diamond deluxe 61 won't clear  (Read 6498 times)
Tribedog
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »

My double diamond deluxe sit down gives me a 61 error I press the test button for 3 seconds and it goes to a 61-1 I then close the door and turn the reset key and it keeps going back to a 61 error. Is the clear chip the only way to fix this?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »

Is it an S+ instead of a S2000?
Tribedog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »

Totally new at this sorry. How can you tell?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »

Your code is for an S+.
I'll let someone who knows more about them than me chime in.
Ford
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

My double diamond deluxe sit down gives me a 61 error I press the test button for 3 seconds and it goes to a 61-1 I then close the door and turn the reset key and it keeps going back to a 61 error. Is the clear chip the only way to fix this?

Sounds like you have the dreaded "[61] Loop"
The Clear chip is the best way to fix it.

However, if you have a bill acceptor...you need the appropriate SET chip to re-enable it.
Tell us what SS and SP chips you have installed.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »

(Moved to S+)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

I then close the door and turn the reset key and it keeps going back to a 61 error. Is the clear chip the only way to fix this?

Just to verify, are you also latching the door?

Also someone else just had a similar issue and there one of the other doors was open. I think it was the cash box door that was bypassed and the wires had come loose.

Sure seems like a lot of these 61 errors lately.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »

I then close the door and turn the reset key and it keeps going back to a 61 error. Is the clear chip the only way to fix this?

Just to verify, are you also latching the door?

Also someone else just had a similar issue and there one of the other doors was open. I think it was the cash box door that was bypassed and the wires had come loose.

Sure seems like a lot of these 61 errors lately.

I wonder if it has to do with the winter static?  

Nah!  rotflmao
Tribedog
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »

Thanks for all the help with this guys. Coorslight115 got me all fixed up and running. I'm having a hard time with the bill acceptor, and the hopper is locked up. I tore the hopper down as far as I could and it seems like the little gear box is frozen, the bill acceptor seems to have intermittent power and when it does power up it will slowly take a bill halfway the spit it out. This is a sit down console that I pulled out of a barn so I'm wondering if the weather has ruin a few things. The bill acceptor is a ZT1202 and the hopper is for dollar tokens. Anyone have a rebuild kit for the hopper and a new bill acceptor? Thanks again guys for helping me get this running coinless, now to make it spit some coins!! I am also looking for a supply of dollar tokens or something that will work in there place.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »

If the green box you're talking about on the hopper is the motor and gearbox assembly I've had those seize up before because the grease in the gearbox dried out and got hard. If you disassemble it carefully, clean out the old grease, replace it with new and reassemble it you may be alright there.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

I'm having a hard time with the bill acceptor, and the hopper is locked up. I tore the hopper down as far as I could and it seems like the little gear box is frozen, ..

Do you know that the hopper has a brake that won't let it turn unless it's runnng?
See this post.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10751.msg93548#msg93548
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »

Good point Poppo, the ones I had were S2000 hoppers and the motor and gearbox were completely removed from the rest of the unit when tested
Tribedog
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

I made sure to release the brake and it was still frozen. I have another hopper out of a round top that I tested the same way to make sure I wasn't messing up. Looks like I'll have to take it all the way down.  The grease hardening is probably the culprit.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

Once you get the motor free of the gearbox, try and spin the shaft of the motor itself. I've had motors, other than hopper motors, where a drop of 3in1 oil on the motor bearings made a huge differance also
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »

By the way, be careful taking that gearbox apart, they can be a little like a jigsaw puzzle
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.