Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT s-plus game chip.SP1137 change
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT s-plus game chip.SP1137 change  (Read 28518 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »

Wow! Your machine needs a 3.20A fuse for the bottom one and it's running on 230VAC.
I've never seen that! It's a European machine for sure!
Funny how someone used a magic marker and drew a line over the 115VAC and hand wrote "220".
It's very possible that the "3" was overlooked when you looked at the fuse?  Scratch Head 3

Buzz's solder job onto the motherboard header works well too!
Eliminates any possible chance of a bad contact.

I'm afraid something might of burned out when you switched the 10A
and put in the 20A fuse then went back to the 10A fuse (Reply#13)

I'd try what Poppo asked if the Test button gives you any other numbers on the display or not
and what happens when you close the door ?
Does it go out momentarily?
It should and then the insert coins light should come on waiting for you to drop a coin.
If you get that far, does the coin get accepted?
If so, press the "Spin" button at that point.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:52:03 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 06:47:07 PM »

Wow! Your machine needs a 3.20A fuse for the bottom one and it's running on 220VAC.

Current in inversely proportional to voltage. In other words, double the voltage = half the current (given the same load).
Bentley Bear
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:18 AM »

Maby i read the bottom fuse a bit too quick Duh!.It reads:

3-2/10v 250v

Is this correct for my machine ?
As i said,the machine was working fine(exept from the clicking sound)before i changed the game chip and after that the machine went crazy(reels spinning int he wrong direction).Hopefully i will recieve the new game chip any day now.The reason why i orderd a new chip was that i had alll theese errors codes (62-0 3 times) and some different reel tilt erros and a couple of 30 something errors.
After a couple of weeks,the errors didn't show up anymore but i wanted to change the chip since i had the 62-0 errors and after i changed it with the SP1311 chip i couldn't get it to work right again when i changed it back to the old chip.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »

The 3.2A fuse that's in there now - is right.
The reels upon the initial boot up start - will turn backwards
and stop with the reel strip edges on the payline. That's normal.
If the game has a payout for blanks, the first left-most strip -
will stop at one reel stop above the payline.

The "clicking sound" is the game simulating a "stopping" sound.
That can be changed by the 3rd dipswitch on the MPU board.
Fool around with it to get the results you prefer.

All your common errors are on the sheet I pointed a link to here...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

When you changed chips, it's possible that the CMOS lost it's memory
and went back to the default settings from the factory which include the "clicking sounds" for the reel stops.
Other than a possible bad SP1311 chip - I don't see anything wrong with your machine.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »

Mark  Please be clear, by backwards does he mean 3 2 1, or does he mean they spin from bottom to top ?? ( I guess I could say in REVERSE )  If you were standing on the pull handle side of the machine the side view of the  reels they are spinning CCW  I've had a couple of S 2000 boot up spinning CW (which is not normal) I don't know if a S+ will do that or not !

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »

I'm not sure what he mean but you're right Buzz, I meant that upon Boot Up with a different SP chip installed -
the 3rd reel should spin first, then the middle reel, then the left-most reel
or right to left...>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYG-y3Olbwo&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AYG-y3Olbwo&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:53:13 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Bentley Bear
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

That's the way my reels was spinnig when i installed the other chip.
The reel music has nothing to do with the SP1311.It dissapeard before i changed the chip.I had to change dipswitch 3 to ON in order to get the music back but now with the clicking sound.
When the reel music suddenly stopped,it was replaced with a "beep" each time a reel stopped.All the other sounds was there but no music.
Is there anything i can do in the menu to get it going again or do i have to wait untill i get my new chip ?
poppo

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »

I don't have a PSR for the SP1311, but I do have one for the SP1312 which says that the spin sound is controlled with DIP switch #3. So you may want to double check it.

Typically when reel spin sounds are enabled, the reel stop sound is controlled by the handle solenoid (hence the 'click'). My understanding was that they could not incorporate both reel spin sounds AND stop sounds using the sound chip at the same time. So with reel spin sounds off, I think the stop sounds are generated by the sound generator (hence the 'beep').

So if flipping dip switch #3 gets you spin sounds but a click sound for the stop, it's working correctly.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »

Now ,when i turn on the machine the only thing that happens is the reels spin one time and the insert coins light comes on + 0 coins played.
Since the 1,2,3,4,5 lines on the left of the glass doesen't light up,i can't insert coins and play the machine Help

I must be getting old, I had the impression the machine didn't work at all.

poppo

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »

I must be getting old, I had the impression the machine didn't work at all.

No, that is what I thought too. This has been a very confusing thread.  arrow
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »

Mark  It doesn't take a whole lot to get me in that state of mind !!

Don't forget I hang out with Joey, The Skipper and Stat, that's more than a good reason to be confused,  Sure glad Staz lives on the other side of the country.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »

That's the way my reels was spinnig when i installed the other chip.
The reel music has nothing to do with the SP1311.It dissapeard before i changed the chip.I had to change dipswitch 3 to ON in order to get the music back but now with the clicking sound.
When the reel music suddenly stopped,it was replaced with a "beep" each time a reel stopped.All the other sounds was there but no music.
Is there anything i can do in the menu to get it going again or do i have to wait untill i get my new chip ?

You can't get the "beep" and music at the same setting when the reels spin then stop -
It's one or the other.

I don't think the SP1311 is any different - uses the dipswitches as well.

Like I said, play with the 3rd dipswitch on or off and see what you get and stick with it.
If you WANT the reel-spin music - it comes with the solenoid click sound every time the reel stop spinning.

If you want to physically stop the clicking sound, disconnect the solenoid wire but your handle won't unlock.

I guess another way would to put a rubber band on the solenoid lever so it remains in the "unlocked" state at all times.
Your handle would activate the spin mode if you wanted and there would be no more clicking sound
and you'd still have the reel-spin music.
That's probably your best bet to get the machine to work the way you want it.
poppo

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »

I played around with my arm solenoid and put a little rubber o ring on it. It still clicks, but is not as loud as it was.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »

Leave the O-Ring on it but pull one of the wires off the solenoid connector tabs.
The handle will remain "open" at all times and no more clicking sound
and you'll have reel-spin music!
poppo

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »

The o ring was only to quiet it. I still wanted it to lock and to click, but not quite so loud. The o ring is just a noise damper.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »

Bunker  The folks I seem to sell to, you would be castrated if you disabled the handle.  Would you believe a very good customer had my Son insstall coin handling on a 180 credit machine.

poppo

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

I think Bunker's idea is that the handle would not be dissabled, it just would not lock (the solenoid held in). You could pull it and it would do nothing unless there there were 'coins played' ready to go.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »

I think Bunker's idea is that the handle would not be dissabled, it just would not lock (the solenoid held in). You could pull it and it would do nothing unless there there were 'coins played' ready to go.

I think the only original idea Bunker ever had, had something to do with a golf ball.  ( I've been wrong before.)

poppo

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »

This should be good.  rotflmao
Enjoying the Show
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »

I was told by a unnamed source that if Bunker ever had his brain examined all they would find would be a pubic hair and a golf ball. I really don't know if there is any truth to that story or not.  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »

I missed something here...lol I was watching golf on T.V.  
I must respectfully disregard your fine comment... rotflmao

I'm not saying that the handle would be disabled Buzz,
all the mod with the rubber band and removing one wire does - is stop the clicking.
By the way, I'm not claiming it's my idea...I learned about it through NLG!

If you put in a bet, the handle still works fine.
It just doesn't stayed locked in the upright position but the spring does pull it back
to it's upright position after pulling the handle to begin a game.

Bentley Bear
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy another gamechip.I still haven't recieved my chip(2 weeks since he shipped it to me) and it's the 2nd time this guy has sendt me a replacement chip so now i have no more patience.I WANT MY MACHINE WORKING AGAIN hissy fit bawling
Hope someone can help me Help
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy another gamechip.

You can always post a "WTB" (Want To Buy) ad in the classifieds section with information on the exact chip you're looking for, and one of the vendors or another member will likely be able to supply you with the chip you need.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Bentley Bear
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »

Where should i beginn ?
First of all,thanks to Buzz for providing me with the different chips.The first thing i did was to replace the SP1137 chip.Nothing new happend.The i used the clear chip i received and installed the SP1137 chip back.After that i got the machine going again after turning it on /off a couple of times since it didn't respond at first.The only difference now was that it only accepted coins but no bills(still doesn't).Is this because i used the clear chip ?
I played it a couple of times and suddenly in the middle of a reelspin the machine "froze" and all the display light went off except for "coins played" display that now reads "0".I got it going again after having to use the clear chip again but the same thing happend again.
Sometime the "0" would go away and it suddenly got back normal but after some more spins it went back to "0"
I also tried to use the set chips that he sent me(Set86+90) regarding the problems with the machine not accepting bills but it didn't help anything.
Current status now is still "0" in the coins played display.
Now I'm thinking of getting a new CPU board since I'm getting nowhere.
Let me know your thoughts on this  applause
poppo

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »

Using the clear disabled the BV. You will need a SET chip for that (to enable the BV AND set the denomination).

Sounds like you have another intermittent problem. Another MPU would be a good place to start. But if that is not it, you may have to hunt down the problem.

I suggest either making a door optics bypass or doing something like below. This would allow you to mess with the machine with the door open (i.e. wiggle and jiggle wires etc. to see if you can narrow down where the problem is. Without reading the whole thread again, have you checked that white power supply molex connector?

Door optics mounted on tray.

* optics.jpg (263.96 KB, 942x855 - viewed 336 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.