Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  New owner - Triple Diamond Slot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New owner - Triple Diamond Slot  (Read 14041 times)
MrSwan
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

Hey guys,

New owner of a 5cent Triple Diamond slot(IGT?) .. I kind of fell into it, so I'm completely lost as to getting it to work..

Here is what I know:
Powers on fine. Reels spin and always line up on (off center) DoubeBar, Bar, Bar

Bill acceptor spins(runs tests?), and then makes a grinding noise. Noise is not present if the 'cashbox'(?) is not in the compartment.

Missing coin comparator or mechanism that directs coins into a chute? Coins put in fall directly through and land on a coin divertor type mechanism.

I do not have the key to the reset lock. The cash box door switch is bypassed. The door optics seem to work fine. I'm assuming I can replace the key with a simple switch for now.

I've seen the code 21 on the winnings paid out window while messing around with it..

At one point, If I switched the machine on.. Closed the door, and waited.. The machine would perform as expected with no credits in it.. but cannot put coins in, and the bill acceptor spits out all bills.

Now, I have succesfully managed to put the machine in what I'm assuming is test mode by holding down the white button next to the power switch. Now I'm really lost. I cannot out of this mode, and I'm assuming I need the reset key to do it.. I'll check with you guys to make sure before replacing the key with a switch.

What I'm needing is to know what kind of machine this is, and what manual I need for it.. AND where can I get the manual for it?(online?)

I'll gladly accept any help you can give, but in order to save you time, I would really just like to know how to find the manual for this machine.. I believe I can figure it out with the manual.

Thank you in advance.

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

Bill acceptor spins(runs tests?), and then makes a grinding noise. Noise is not present if the 'cashbox'(?) is not in the compartment.

First, pictures will always help. So for now I will assume this a a IGT S+ based on the info provided. On the BV, make sure that the transport is seated properly. One way to check is to look in the cash box and see if the tabs are shown like in the picture. Also make sure that there are no broken teeth on the gear on the transport or the cash can. Check the cash can to make sure the stacker is not hung up. You should be able to turn the gear on the cash can by hand and make the stacker move up and down.

As for the coin issue, you really need to post some pictures of the inside of the door so we can see what you have going on.

Also here are some videos I made to help troubleshoot the BV based on the sounds it makes.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14959.msg128300#msg128300

Click on picture to enlarge.

* transport 2.jpg (334.78 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 500 times.)
MrSwan
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked that the BV is seated correctly like in the image, and everything seems to look fine. I've already checked for chipped/stuck gears, and everything is fine there also.

I've attached some images and a video of the machine.

* IMG_1267.JPG (1862.59 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 778 times.)

* IMG_1269.JPG (1928.8 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 577 times.)
MrSwan
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-iRz6-fRdgw&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-iRz6-fRdgw&rel=0</a>

* IMG_1271.JPG (1736.31 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 344 times.)

* IMG_1268.JPG (2010.48 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 871 times.)
poppo

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

Ok. First it looks like you machine is set up for coinless since it has no coin comparator and it has a modified hopper to simulate coins being dispensed. So that leaves us needing to get the BV working. It definitely does not sound right with that grinding noise. Have you tried manually turning the gear on the cash can and watching the stacker move through a complete cycle? Note: the gear will only turn so many times, but the stacker plate should move up and down. I had one (stacker) that had gotten misaligned and it caused a similar grinding noise. If that is working, you may need to pull the trasport out and check all of the gears and also to make sure nothing is jammed up in there.  In case you don't know, Here are some pictures to show how to open the head and transport. On the head, move the bar back and the top will list up. On the transport, move the bar forward while pulling up on the top.

BTW, a mod will probably move this thread intot he S+ area where more people will see it and be able to offer more suggestions.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

* head.jpg (325.85 KB, 740x816 - viewed 470 times.)

* transport.jpg (390.86 KB, 768x1008 - viewed 397 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

so, what you are saying is the bill acceptor will not work?  it will take in a bill, then spit it out,  have you tried different type of bills? your acceptor has 4 way acceptance, tried different ways to insert bill? 

if you want to return the game to accept coins:  put everything back together, close door and wait for it to cycle, wait for the coin insert lamp to come on. then , open the door and press the white button on the coin optics board, ( its right below where the missing coin comp. should be) each time you press the button it should put a credit on the machine, the you can pull the handle or press the spin button and watch the machine operate. if it does this then we know the rest of the machine works.

to get the machine back to a coin in/out machine you will have to purchase a cc-16 coin comparator 24vac type  gray wires going to the coil on the backside, a cc-16 harness, and a 5 cent hopper.  should cost upwards to a 100.00 

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

so, what you are saying is the bill acceptor will not work?  it will take in a bill, then spit it out,  have you tried different type of bills? your acceptor has 4 way acceptance, tried different ways to insert bill? 

Jim,

Did you watch his video? It really sounds like something is grinding pretty bad and causing the BV not to fully initialize.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

yes I did. I have had them act like that but still accept a bill.  looks as if the transport is seated, he has the "V" notch, it does make the two distinct sounds, one from the transport the other from the bill head,  knows that the cash can is out when he removed it and was looking for it when he powered  it up with the cash can out.

the only two suggestions I could make would be to reseat the transport unit again, while it is out check the ty-wraps that hold the black cable underneath the rail on the right side, some times they are out of position and won't let the transport set level on the track.

the other would be to check the gears on the cash can, the one that meshes with the transport through the "V" slot. sometimes these have the outside of the metal case rub up against the gear .

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »

After re-reading the initial post, he does say that it spits out the bills. So it is enabled.

I guess I would start by making sure it's clean and nothing is stuck in the transport. Make sure all the BV head dip switches are all off (it looks like it's a DBV-200). The dip switches are on the bottom of the head.

Then I would go into self test and make sure the denomination is set. This would be a good time for him to tell us what chips he has in there using this guide.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

Then he could try flipping dip switch #10 on the BV head (power cycle after  switching it) and see if it's an ID issue.

Also without knowing what version the DBV is, it would best to try and get $1s working first.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »

In the video, when his DBV gears grind, you can see the red handle jump up and down a little.
It's either not seated in there correctly or the gear teeth are broken?
poppo

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »

In the video, when his DBV gears grind, you can see the red handle jump up and down a little.
It's either not seated in there correctly or the gear teeth are broken?

That's why I wanted him to manually check the cash can stacker operartion too, to make sure it's not getting hung up or something (or it may have broken geer teeth).

I would also like to know how far in it takes a bill before rejecting them. That may help too. Is the head rejecting them, or the trasport not working right? Could be as simple as cleaning the belts and rollers.
MrSwan
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

if you want to return the game to accept coins:  put everything back together, close door and wait for it to cycle, wait for the coin insert lamp to come on. then , open the door and press the white button on the coin optics board

Thanks for all the help!

Jim, that is exactly what I was looking for on the coin optics.. a button to add credits.. I didn't see the tiny white button..
The only problem now is that the coins can only be added with the door open, and they get added to the credits played.(Which means I have to spin and win to get credits)
Whenever the door is closed again, everything resets. This may be normal, or just my settings.. Either way everything worked as it should.

Now to get the BV working.. I've attached another video of me putting a dollar in the machine.
The noise is only heard when the bill is ejected.

I've gone over the whole unit and there is nothing as obvious as a broken gear. The gears turn relatively freely and everything seems to move fine, including the stacker in the cash can.

I've really interested in turning the unit into a coin-in/coin-out unit at some point, but I'll wait to get the BV working.

I'll reply again when I have more time tonight to really  check through the BV and debunk any stuck/broken gears or parts..

How does the BV work when it comes to checking a valid bill? I can see how the rest of the unit works, but not the "eye" part..

Thanks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eteFZVHUm6s&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/eteFZVHUm6s&rel=0</a>

Modified to add youtube link
poppo

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »

It 'seems' to be rejecting them fairly quickly. I sent you an e-mail with some BV test proceedures.

And here is the button on the coin optics.
Click the picture to enlarge.

* button.jpg (299.31 KB, 791x557 - viewed 1361 times.)
MrSwan
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »

It 'seems' to be rejecting them fairly quickly. I sent you an e-mail with some BV test proceedures.

And here is the button on the coin optics.
Click the picture to enlarge.

Thanks Mark

I did find the white button, I just didn't see it before he told me to look for it.. Like it said, it works, but credit reset after the door closes so its only useful for testing.

As for the noise, I have taken apart the cash can unit and I believe the issue is that the cash "lifter" becomes very stiff after moving up about an inch. The lifter plate can move up another inch, but its fairly difficult to do. I think this causes the cash can to shift a bit and let the gears slip and causes the noise.
I have tried to hold the unit tight against the BV and it works until it gets to this sticky point, and if I hold it so that cash lifting unit cannot move, then the gears bind and the BV pulses as if it doesn't have enough power to overcome the stickiness.
Note that this is the point were the springs start to engage on the lifter and I CAN move it, it just isnt as smooth as the first lifting part..

I do not think this is the cause of the BV not accepting cash, but it is just a little annoying noise..

Thank you so much for the BV tech manual, I will run those tests right now.. I guess I have to take the BV off of the transport to get to the dip switches?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »

Sounds like the elevator is binding against the walls of the cashbox.
Maybe twist a 2x4 with two small blocks against the walls will force the steel to bend outwards slightly?
Someone might of banged the cashbox bill stacker walls?
poppo

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »

I guess I have to take the BV off of the transport to get to the dip switches?

Yes. Just remove the one screw in the front center of the head below the bezel. The switches are underneath. Be sure to follow the directions of flip the switch with power off, then power up the machine, and then switch it off while powered up. As noted if you remove the cable from the transport on the right side, you can test the head just by holding it in your hand and feeding a bill. If it takes it, the head is good (and it's time to do the test with the stacker, where you flip 2 switches and put the head back on and have the transport cable connected). If it doesn't pass, see what code the LED is flashing.

Also the stacker unit can be removed fairly easily from the cash can. Just make sure it's all the way up, and remove the two screws in the front top of the stacker (inside the can door). Then slide the unit out from the back.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:56:42 PM by poppo » Logged
MrSwan
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:15 AM »

IT WORKED!

Ok. After looking at the Dip switches i noticed number 1 and 10 was ON in bank 1.

I run a few of the tests before turning off the no.1 dip and testing it. While testing I thought it was giving me Led5 error.. but I just went ahead and turned no1 off and put it all back together and tested it with the door closed and it accepted the $1..
I did try before I originally posted a $5, $10, and (stupidly) a $100.. I havent tried them again, but I'm assuming they still wont work even though they are set to accept on bank1.

NOW the cash box problem.. It accepted the ones, but they dont stack up.. It keeps them in the lifting slot. So I guess I was on to something earlier.. I will read the posts yall just wrote and see if those help the lifter problem..

Thanks Smiley

poppo

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »

If it ONLY works with $1s, try flipping #10 off too.

As for the stacker, make sure it has not jumped off one of the tracks. Also clean all of the rollers. If you remove the staker unit from the can, it will be easier to see how it works.
MrSwan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »

I guess I have to take the BV off of the transport to get to the dip switches?

Yes. Just remove the one screw in the front center of the head below the bezel. The switches are underneath. Be sure to follow the directions of flip the switch with power off, then power up the machine, and then switch it off while powered up. As noted if you remove the cable from the transport on the right side, you can test the head just by holding it in your hand and feeding a bill. If it takes it, the head is good (and it's time to do the test with the stacker, where you flip 2 switches and put the head back on and have the transport cable connected). If it doesn't pass, see what code the LED is flashing.

Also the stacker unit can be removed fairly easily from the cash can. Just make sure it's all the way up, and remove the two screws in the front top of the stacker (inside the can door). Then slide the unit out from the back.

I had already removed the stacker unit from the cashbox.. The unit itself it very sticky.. so it cant be the sides of the cash can.. should I remove the springs? lube it up?

poppo

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

When you have the stacker out, you can see it has some cables and pulleys. It also has a spring that acts like a counter-weight (not the big springs in the can). As noted earlier, you can turn the gear by hand and just look at what it is doing as it goes though a cycle. The gear will only turn so many times. Then you should be able to turn it back the other way fairly easily (due to the spring counter-weight thing).
MrSwan
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 12:59:48 AM »

I cant see any reason why the elevator is hard to move.. Maybe it just needs to be lubed up..
It is hard to move in both ways.. up AND down.. particularly in the same spot about 1/2" above the rails..

Now I'm just looking at now to get the slot to work without a cash box.. how do the sensors work? I've tried just putting another box in there to cover up the?? laser eyes?? box the BV doesnt activate when i do this..
poppo

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 01:05:10 AM »

Now I'm just looking at now to get the slot to work without a cash box.. how do the sensors work? I've tried just putting another box in there to cover up the?? laser eyes?? box the BV doesnt activate when i do this..

The optics detect the can being installed or removed (i.e. montary blockage). If you look, you will see holes on the side of the can for the beam to go through.

Not sure if it will work, but you might try just the can without the stacker installed.

<edit> I don't think it that will work. I think the transport actually looks for resistance from the stacker when the gear won't turn any more, because it won't enable without a can installed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:11:52 AM by poppo » Logged
MrSwan
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »

I lied.. While the stacker is hard to move.. lots of more testing and lube shows that infact the BV is trying to move the elevator past the furthest position it can go..

Edit:
This doesnt explain why the stacker didnt push the $1s from the elavator past the railings in the cash box..

Maybe more is to blame here.. Either way.. If i take the stacker unit outside the cash box and hold it to the BV unit whiles its installed.. it attempts to push the elevator too far..

poppo

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 01:40:05 AM »

Did you clean the rollers on the back of the stacker REALLY good? Also your transport belt and rollers need to be in good shape and clean too.

Typically if the BV enables, then it has completed it's power up cycle and selftest.

Also can you give us a little better description of where the bill is getting hung up.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:50:56 AM by poppo » Logged
MrSwan
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »

Everything seems to be working alot better. I oiled up the BV and cash can extremely well.. There is still a bit of grinding and stiffness, but its actually working.. Hopefully it will loosen up the more I use it.

I've attached an image of where the bill was jamming for future reference..

Poppo & Jim, and any others..
Do yall sell parts, or how could I otherwise support yall for helping me out?

On a similar note.. I am looking to change it to coin-in/coin-out. If yall know of where I can get the parts, I would like to buy them all together..

* photo (11).JPG (96.79 KB, 478x640 - viewed 335 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.