Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:29:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  What events will I need a Clear/Set Chip?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What events will I need a Clear/Set Chip?  (Read 2711 times)
Roninva
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: February 13, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »

This machine is a King Cash IGT reel slot.

I want to alter a few things, but without having the Clear Chip and Set chip that I needed for my PE Plus, I am afraid to monkey with my S2000 first.

I would like to adjust options 3.1 (Machine options, mainly partial pays, printer (if that means activate or not activate)) and see about 3.2 (adjust sound volume) I can't imagine the sound will bother it.

I also see under the section Key Chip Config II Menu Options (sounds like I need a Clear/set or is it now called a Key Chip?) to preform these?
I am thinking they have disabled the coin comparitor, since it was missing along with the hopper. I see that 7.2.5 Enable or disable coinless mode. If enabled, the coin acceptor and hopper are disabled, and all credits are non-cashable.

What I'd like to do is have both the hopper and ez pay system work, depending on the amount, if that is an option. Or at minimum, verify that the coin in and hopper work that I have installed and get the ticket printer to actually print.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »

All options can be adjusted in the menus simply by having zero credits on the machine except for menu 7.1 and 7.2 which require a key chip 31 or 45 for access. The only time you'd usually need a clear chip is if you wanted to change the accounting denomination. In that case you'd need a clear 97 or 224
Roninva

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »

Holy Cow, there isn't just one set and clear chip for the s2000? There are different ones for different settings? Where do I stumble upon these?
Thanks
Ron
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »

If you post a wanted to buy in the classifieds on the site someone will probably contact you. Barring that, you might check ebay, they're usually on there under IGT listings
Roninva

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

I was just looking at Ebay, but is there multiple chips for multiple settings or changes? You listed 4 already with 31, 45, 97 and 224!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:28:12 AM »

Differant variations or series of chips were made as new games came out, there's lots of differant numbered chips that accomplish the same thing on differant model year machines. The 31 OR 45 key chip will work fine in your case and the 97 OR 224 will be the working clear chips you have a choice of. Personally, I'd get the 45 and 224 so you're covered if you decide to ever get a reel touch machine or something that uses a newer MPU board
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.