Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  We have coin comparator cables
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We have coin comparator cables  (Read 17332 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »

Okay, I have another dumb question... Where is the Coin Reject Solenoid at? Can someone tell me what it looks like?

Thanks

Tim

There are NO dumb questions Tim!
You're very welcome to ask anything you'd like about your machine!
As you are now a member of the NLG family - we are all here to try and help you.  yes
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »

What comparator do you have in the machine, and have you tried unplugging the drop solenoid (that is the one below the optics)
the comparator has one as well but it must not be disconnected on a small coin comparator or all coins will be rejected.

A buzzing solenoid sounds like something designed for DC is being used with AC.
double check the comparator and harness.
There are S+ and S2000 harnesses that do look very similar but there are some differences and they are not interchangeable.

Post some pictures of your comparator and harnesses and even machine information if you have not done so already

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
TPMARTIN
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »

Thanks for your response. I pulled the comparator out and on the back of the comparator there is a metal piece that goes in and out and it is rattling all the time except when the reels are in motion.

I thought maybe I could tape it but when I did that the coin wouldn't be accepted.

I tried unhooking it but when you do the coins won't register.

Thoughts or do I need a new comparator? If so anyone got one that works for sale?

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »

Wedge it back with a piece of folded paper.
But then it will accept all coins.

One step at a time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 03:51:18 AM »

I always try to figure out how and why something does what it does. Let's look at a CC 16 24 Volt coin comparator in a IGT S+ machine. ( The following does not apply to a S 2000 )

This coin comparator is like a Independent contractor, his only job is to compare the coin you drop into the coin head to the sample coin you have installed in the comparator. You drop in a coin and in a split second and a distance of about a inch and a half the comparator has compered the drop coin to the sample coin, if they are a match the rake on the back of the comparator will ,open and the drop coin will go through the coin optics and then into the hopper. A BAD coin, the rake remains closed and the coin goes to the tray.  Once the coin exits the comparator, the comparators job is done, it's not going to count coins for you or toss out errors or make any lights light up.

Let's do some trouble shooting on your machine.  Unplug your brand new pig tail, take a piece of paper and block the comparator rake open ( on back of comparator ). reinstall everything turn power on and close door. Do you still hear the noise that you had ??  I'll bet you still have the noise, we know it's not the comparator because it doesn't have any power. ( brand new pig tail is unplugged )OK as a test if you want to, you have the rake blocked open you can drop any and all size coins, flat washer if you want all items dropped in to the hopper will work, OH don't let me forget to tell you with that MESS in the hopper best not to hit the cash out button or your next post will be you are looking for help on fixing your hopper !!

If after all this BS you still have the noise, put everything back as it is suppose to be and unplug the diverter  solenoid ( actually three of us have tried to get you to do this already ) All the diverter does is divert the coins to a bucket in the slot stand when the hopper gets to full. ( Home owners never get one to full )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 08:23:41 AM »

I had a large coin acceptor in my S+ make a buzzing noise when the comparator went bad.
The rake would buzz till the third coin was dropped.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9336.msg80742#msg80742

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:28:55 AM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.