Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  SIGMA Video Games.
| | |-+  Sigma SG-1 Double Joker will not take quarters
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma SG-1 Double Joker will not take quarters  (Read 5668 times)
ellis vial
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »

We have had this Sigma SG-1 Poker machine for years and when we moved the machine to our new home it would not take anything,Quarters or Bills.
I took it to a local amusement machine repair facility and they kept the machine for 7 months charged me to check the machine and told me it was junk.
 I refused to believe that due to how well the machine worked previously.
After going thru several of your sites post I figured out that somehow the Bill validater was turned off and by going thru the test promps I figured out how to turn it back on.I know the Bill validater is out dated and only will accept dollar Bills but now the machine works with the Bill Validater.
The only problem with the machine now is the Cion Mech.Inc.Coin Compariter will not open up the coin rake to let the coin go to the next optical stage and then to the hopper for a credit, it returns the coin to the tray.
Do you know where I can find repair information and do you possibly know what my problem could be the green lite is on on the Coin Comparitor.
Thanks for all your help that got me this far.
Ellis   
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »

most Sigma's use a +12vdc inhibit  comp.   replace the sample coin as a first attempt,  turn the sensitivity pot. max CCW.   check and make sure none of the wiring is broken.

you could try and reset the  machine using the first reset switch.   most Sigmas' have a white cherry switch that you could pull out, this will allow you to view the operation of everything with the door open,  you could try and remove the cc and insert a coin directly into the optics and see if it will accept it.  keep the cc hooked up while you try this

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ellis vial
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »

most Sigma's use a +12vdc inhibit  comp.   replace the sample coin as a first attempt,  turn the sensitivity pot. max CCW.   check and make sure none of the wiring is broken.

you could try and reset the  machine using the first reset switch.   most Sigmas' have a white cherry switch that you could pull out, this will allow you to view the operation of everything with the door open,  you could try and remove the cc and insert a coin directly into the optics and see if it will accept it.  keep the cc hooked up while you try this

Jim

Jim ,Thanks for the reply,I did the reset and I also found a reset button that give the test functions and thats how I found the bill validater was turned off.I will try passing the coin thru the optical part of the CC again I have tried several coins to include tokens with no luck.I also tried to turn the sensitivity ccw and still no luck.
I will try the coin pass the optical eye.
Thanks,If you think of anything else I appreciate it.
Ellis
ellis vial
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »

I just manually passeed the coin by the optical eye in the CC and it did not open the rake nor did it regester,But when I dropped it pased the 2nd.optical eye it triggered a fault code that the first eye did not regester.
ellis vial
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

:103-Anyone ?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »

well that's a good sign,  that the optics are seeing an invalid coin,  that should narrow it down to the cc itself or something else.  from what I remember the inhibit function of the CC is that it allows the +12vdc to have the CC powered up all the time (green lite on ) the inhibit wire turns off the rake coil. so if a coin enters and is deemed good the rake will not operate if the inhibit line in not active. 

maybe we can fake out the machine and shim out the rake and see if the unit will accept the coin.

usually the CC will be ready to accept coins after a complete game, and or no tilts on the machine.  if the game works and no tilts then all fingers are pointing to the CC unit,

did the repair shop keep the proper CC unit in the machine? should be a CC-16 version with inhibit, green wires going to the rake coil.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ellis vial
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »

well that's a good sign,  that the optics are seeing an invalid coin,  that should narrow it down to the cc itself or something else.  from what I remember the inhibit function of the CC is that it allows the +12vdc to have the CC powered up all the time (green lite on ) the inhibit wire turns off the rake coil. so if a coin enters and is deemed good the rake will not operate if the inhibit line in not active. 

maybe we can fake out the machine and shim out the rake and see if the unit will accept the coin.

usually the CC will be ready to accept coins after a complete game, and or no tilts on the machine.  if the game works and no tilts then all fingers are pointing to the CC unit,

did the repair shop keep the proper CC unit in the machine? should be a CC-16 version with inhibit, green wires going to the rake coil.

Jim
It looks to be the same CC.I shimed out the rack and no good stilldid'nt work.However the 2nd optical slot detected the first did not work and sounded an alarm and I had to reset the machine.The wires to the rake are grey.I have to agree with you on the CC being the problem,I would like to know how to bypass the CC or have the diagram so I can make sure I have everything I need to make the CC work.
Thanks,If you have anymore Ideas or a manual I would appreciate it.
Ellis   
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 04:01:06 AM »

Does anyone have a manual for a Sigma SG-1 ?
Jackpot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.