Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ ten times pay deluxe 62-1 code
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ ten times pay deluxe 62-1 code  (Read 2385 times)
bills
« on: February 27, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and new to slots as well.  I own two IGT s+ machines, a 10X Pay Deluxe and a double diamond both are 25c machines.  Im having a problem with my 10X pay machine, im getting a 62-1 code, I have removed the reel emprom and checked the pins, I have confirmed it is installed in the correct position,  To check the board I tried installing a reel emprom from a double black jack game that I have, and the code goes away and the machine works fine.  Am I correct in assuming that I need a new chip for my 10Xpay machine?  If so does anyone know where I can get one?  It is a SS8222.

Thanks for the support
Bills
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »

When you get to the error code [62-1],
close the door and turn the reset key once.
Stand back, rub your hands together,  and marvel at your machine !

Sorry, [62-1] means that the data prom is bad.
I mistakenly was thinking about the [61-1] code... Duh!
You may need to replace it or change the MPU board to a different one...

see reply #2 below...>>>
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:23:05 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, im new to this site and still trying to learn to navigate.
I tried what you suggested, the code did go away but the candel keeps flashing and the coins just fall into the tray.  I shut it off and turn it on again and the code comes back.  Is it possible that the reel empron is corupted?
Thanks fo you help
Bills

I think your chips might be okay but maybe not...
The [62-1] code means that there may be something wrong with the reel prom.
IGT calls it the "data" prom...I don't know why - ALL proms and eproms contain "data"  frying pan  rotflmao

Some games were made for 10MHz boards while others were made for the 16MHz boards.
It may be an eprom for a 16MHz MPU board while your other Blackjack reel prom was meant for a 10Mhz board.
I can verify this for you if you can give me the numbers of both SS reel chips and the SP game chips.

Re-install the old SS Blackjack chip ( reel prom) and see if the machine comes back to life.
That will pinpoint the problem to your 10XPay chip.

There's a few things you can check...

Check and see if there are any bent, folder-under eprom pin legs on the 10XPay chip.
The notch on the chip should also face the notch etched directly on the circuit board next to the socket
but you already knew that I think.

Finally, the candle will continue to flash until the completion of one played game.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:36:37 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

The quick way to tell if you have a 10Mhz board is to see if it has a volume knob on the top of the MPU and if it has DIP switches. If those are not present, your board is 16Mhz and the reel chip needs to be 120ns or faster.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.