Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  S+ WBA setup question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ WBA setup question  (Read 4909 times)
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:38 AM »

I posted this under s+ machine questions... I think this question belongs here.... Scratch Head

I got an s+ machine that had a WBA 10 in it. It powers on and does the normal cycle, but it won't take bills. I tried and tried to make it work with no success. I know if you change a transport in an s2000 it tells you there is a crc mismatch, and you open and close the door to clear it. How do you make an s+ recognize a WBA so it will work? I am thinking it must have to communicate with it and match it to the machine somehow... But how? I already did the set chip and made sure it was set to 9-1. What now?

Thanks,
Bryan
kondy73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »

WBA-1X is something like WBA-2X and therefore I think that also communicates serial. If your WBA is not connected to thy board computer RS232 serial cable (PC COM connector canon 9pin/25pin), then I need to test the calibration set from the JCM product with the interface "MIB 232". And software "host simulator" in oficial web JCM - "support" download this program and service manual WBA. This program installs on your PC and keep complete test comunication and error mesages WBA, settings bill acceptance and banknote and  stacker.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »

Seting to 9-1 is all you have to do to enable a bill exceptor on an s+ check the program version the IDO for s+ should be IDO22/23 s2000 is IDO24 and wont work on an s+. 
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:22:27 AM »

I set the 9-1 with the denomination set chip already...humm
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:25 AM »

yummy wait a minute... Do I need a RS 232 board for it to work?
JCM Tech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »

For IGT you do not need the RS-232. IGT uses netplex so if you have the proper software you should be all set.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »

Not to hijack your thread here but I have a similar problem with an S + machine. I replaced the power supply for the bill acceptor, now it will cycle like it should when I power the machine on, but the bill bezel will not light up nor will it attempt tp take a bill in. I had used a set chip to enable my bill acceptor before I changed the power supply, would I need to use the set chip again since I changed the power supply? If it matters I am using a WBA 12 (transport and head)

Thanks,

David
AffordableSlots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »

If you just changed the power supply you don't need to Cody chip the mpu again. I just solved the issue I had... Make sure you are using an ido 22/23 in the WBA 12. Ido 24 will not work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.