Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Konami Advantage+ Help
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Konami Advantage+ Help  (Read 15663 times)
rdwizard
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »

Hi, noobie here. I am an electrical technician and I just bought a Konami Advantage+ slot machine that has been converted and previously in use. Currently I don't know why it wont work and I can not get in touch with the previous owner.

The LCD screen boots up and indicates that all self checks are ok.
When I close the door, the reels rotate an reset to the same symbols and the machine shows 40 credits but the machine will not spin.
The door and reset indicators on the bottom of the LCD are both green. I do not have a reset/audit key but I do have the key to get into the machine.
I just want it to work and don't have any troubleshooting information.
Any help would be appreciated.

* 2012-02-16 19.27.31.jpg (1372.53 KB, 1920x2560 - viewed 504 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

Ouch! Someone wasn't careful with that round top award glass!  bawling

Maybe a wire connector came off of the "Bet" button during the move?  Scratch Head 3
Check and make sure every wire tab is connected to the button switches under the button deck.
The Bet button needs to work to place a credit bet, then you hit the spin button to play a game.
rdwizard
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »

Ok, new information. I figured out how to get the machine into Konami Maintenance System (KMS) and all my buttons work. I ran all the Input and Output test and everything seems to work that should. Lights, Reels, Buttons.

I have a few faults that I need to pursue.

1) BV Not Ready (Does not cycle on power up anymore)
2) Bill stacker removed (It's there and reseated a hundred times)
3) Bill door open (Door is definitely closed and locked)
4) Reel 3 Tilt (All 3 reels spin on Combination Test)

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:40:52 AM »

Unfortunately there aren't a great deal of people who know a huge amount about the konami machines. I have very limited knowledge, but would start by checking all the wiring to the BV assembly and it's housing. I would guess the reel tilt is associated with the errors on the BV. Check for corrosion and tight fit on the BV plugs where they go back to the mother board. Konamis are very sensitive to bad connections and have scads of sensors for differant areas of the cabinet. They even record if the door's been opened while the machine was off. Worst case, check the battery voltage on the MPU and maybe run a clear on the machine. You will also need to get ahold of a reset/audit key for that game. You'll probably have success to that end by placing a WTB in the classifieds here on the site
rdwizard
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:08:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm kind of think about checking all the connections. Prior to the 4-Faults the machine would just sit there and not do anything after power-up. BUT, the BV did cycle on startup and now it doesn't and now I have Reel faults. Even when the BV did cycle, it wouldn't accept anything. So I'm really suspecting the BV or it's connections are bad.

The audit/reset key I have figured out for now by manually jumpering them. I have already have a replacement key-switch slated for installation.

Also, I still haven't found any info/manual for these machines. WTF. There's gotta be one out there someplace.

To Be Continued........
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »

Is your replacement another 2-way like what's in there? The BV errors COULD be what's causing the reel tilts if they come in before the reels finish there startup spin. You might also pull the BV transport assembly out and see if it turns freely. One other thing to check would be if the selected BV model in the setup menus matches what's physically installed in the machine
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »

Most Konami Advantage+ machines have a two position (Audit & tilt/reset) key lock...It uses the standard 2341 key...Turning counter clockwise get you into the audit mode and clockwise will reset the machine...Once it is in tilt mode you must reset or the BV will not cycle...
Jimmy
rdwizard
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 12:07:18 AM »

Alright, cool update (sort of)......

Poking around in my machine and I noticed the LCD screen going on/off of graphics, so I start checking all the connections.
Using the Input Check screen, I noticed that the bill stacker switch wasn't working along with a couple of other switches.
So I did what any good technician would do. I banged on the side of the cabinet. Viola...The shit start changing inputs.
SOooooo, I power down and re-seat the logic board to the back-plane.
Powered up and the BV cycles. I open the logic door to trigger the logic door open fault and a Reel 3 Tilt fault.
I trigger a reset and the logic door open fault clears but the Reel 3 Tilt fault won't go away.
I think I found my problem! Now what?
Reel 3 turns and runs while running the on-board tests so I really don't understand what the Tilt fault is.
And BTW, I could use a 2341 key. Where is a good place to find one? Or is it easier to replace the lock?
rdwizard
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »

I found this diagnosis for an IGT machine. I'll give this a shot.

Designated reel is misaligned or malfunctioning.
Verify reel is not unplugged.
If any reel is moving slowly, open door, turn jackpot reset key once, close door after reels stop spinning.
Switch connectors from one reel to another, determine if error follows change of connectors. Replace reel assembly if error stays with bad reel.
Clear Ram
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »

Can you get into the diagnostic menu?...If so, go to "Diagnostic - Game - Reels - Error information" and see if the reels encoding is working...Also, the 2341 key is available on Fle-bay...If you can't find one, I can cut you one... Definitively cheaper then the switch...
Jimmy
rdwizard
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »

Ok. Here's what I figured out.

I unplugged and checked the pins on all three reels. (No problems) I Still have reel faults.
I noticed that sometimes the reel interface boards had the red led on and sometimes not. So, I manually nudged the reels until all three reels had a red led on.
Reset and Presto.
Machine resets, reels spins and it looks like it's ready to go.
BTW, before I did all that, I tested the BV and everything works. Accepts, validates, stacks and caches money.

NOW.
The machine has 40 credits on it. Checking the logs, it had 40 credits the last time it spun. It won't accept any bills and I can't get it to spin or check out. I don't know how to clear the credits. The machine does not have a printer in it so I think that's what is missing but I don't have any errors.
Now I'm really lost.

(I'll check Fle-Bay for a key)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »

Looks like the machine has the cover plate for the printer, so probably was not config. for it...You can check via "audit mode"...Also as a side note, I have heard you can take the award glass to a auto glass shop and they can fill the crack with a super clear epoxy....
Jimmy
rdwizard
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »

I don't believe it ever had a printer either but I can't change any options at all because it has credits on it. Catch 22. It won't play and I can't figure out how to get the damn credits cleared.

BTW-Got a 2341 key on the way. Great idea on the glass, of course, after I get the machine working. Right now it a fancy decoration. I might just sell it for parts.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »

You should file out your profile...Where are you located?
Jimmy
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »

Are you getting any error codes at all?
Jimmy
rdwizard
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

No codes after I successfully reset the Reel Tilts. I'll have to go back into diagnostics and check.

I'm located south of Dallas TX.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »

Can you make a video of the boot process and post it so I can see what is going on while it is booting?
Jimmy
rdwizard
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »

Here's the best shot I could get of the bootup.
Video on the tube. It's too big for the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dvy70kKzAqk
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 12:24:45 AM »

It looks like it is waiting to be reset...Try the key when it arrives and let me know what happens...I notice there look like there is no coin drop...Is that the case...Maybe post some photo's of the inside door and cabinet...Pictures help a lot... Please Post Pictures
paul
paul

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »

raz410 has reset keys for sale
rdwizard
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 01:13:02 AM »

I tried a reset, it does nothing. I have a key on the way.

Here's the pics of the inside.

* Slot (16).jpg (62.14 KB, 450x600 - viewed 376 times.)

* Slot.jpg (56.1 KB, 450x600 - viewed 361 times.)
rdwizard
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 01:25:13 AM »

My options and Error Log

Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »

Looks like you keep getting a BV com error...That will lock up the machine...Reset should clear it unless the BV is bad or your MPU board is bad...Also try turning off "Redeem Voucher" under BV settings..
rdwizard
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »

I can't change any settings because the machine has credits. I have to get rid of the credits. I don't know how I would do that. I have to get the BV working first. I'm researching the BV but i don't want to spend the money on a rebuilt one if all the machine is going to do is lockup again. It has broken glass on the roundtop and I don't want to sink money into it. I bought it in a storage unit. SO. Even if i did get the BV working, how would I clear the credits like if it was in my game room? My last choice would be to sell it out for parts or for someone who has the spare parts to fix it. If anyone is curious, I'll let it go for $200 otherwise I'll part it out on Flea-Bay if I can't get it working. Konami is already not on my like list and I just got into this gig.

BTW: Here's the link for the BV just in case anyone else needs it.
JCM WBA MANUAL http://www.jcmglobal.com/Libraries/Product_Manuals/WBA_Manual.sflb.ashx
JCM Manuals http://www.jcmglobal.com/en/support/downloads/manuals.aspx
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »

With a clear key I would think you can clear the credits and set the machine up to bypass the BV if it's a problem. Just use coins or tokens for play. Cheap fix. On the chance that you decide to scrap it for parts, let me know, I might be interested in the 4th reel LCD display.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.