Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Konami Advantage+ Help
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Konami Advantage+ Help  (Read 15644 times)
rdwizard
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 02:30:39 AM »

The only keys I have are to open the front door/bill door/main door, and the Audit/Tilit Reset key. Unless there is some fancy key combination that I haven't found yet, I can't clear the credits. Is there a different CLEAR key?

I do see a category under the Meters tab for Attendant Cleared Credits but I still have yet to find how to do it.

I tested the BV again. It will accept a bill and validate it when I enable BV accept. It will also stack it and make the machine play a sound as if a bill was inserted. So I am at a loss as to the BV error.

My 4th Reel LCD display is kind of weird because it's like it was made to be mounted horizontally not vertically. The LCD level is not the best looking straight on.

This is the part that sucks about getting a machine without knowing it's history.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »

Lol, lcd color level is why I'm kinda interested in finding a new one. Mine seems like it's turned up just a bit to high and there's no adjustment for that. Anyway, they do require a specialized chip for clearing, but if yours is accepting bills and adding those credits that may not be what you need to do. Kirkinvegas is good at these machines. Maybe he'll pop in here with some advice
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »

Does you machine have a hdd, CD drive or CF?...Mine (pictured in my profile) uses CF and uses a special CF reset card specific to the game...Earlier versions used a special Clear key that was specific to the game (it went on the MPU board)...Do you have the manual for yours?...I believe John at Rudy's deals has a free download of the Advantage+...My CF clear was located inside my MPU cage when I got mine...I got lucky!
Jimmy
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

Mine uses a non-game specific clear key that looks like a button battery. Have you checked your button deck wiring and switches to make sure everything is plugged in and no shorts. Seems like your game is ready to play, but it's not getting a connection from the button deck to the MPU for whatever reason
rdwizard
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »

I don't have a manual.
I don't have a clear key either, but if you look on my picture of the Main Board you can see a spot for one. (button type key would make sense)
I don't have a CF reset key card.

ALL the buttons work in diagnostic mode.
The BV works in diagnostic mode.

I'm dead in the water without replacement parts, a maunual, and a clear key.

* 2012-03-14 12.40.02.jpg (1589.57 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 335 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »

But you've used the buttons to make programming adjustments so they've worked for THAT, right? Did you ever get that new 2 position jackpot reset lock?
rdwizard
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

Yes. I bought an Audit/Reset key from Flea-Bay and that works great. Thanks for the idea. It saved me from changing it.
I DO use the buttons to go through the menus and runs tests.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »

PM sent...  Mail
rdwizard
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:05 AM »

Does anybody know or have this elusive clear key.
Can you post a picture of it?
Is it a resistor or capacitor?

Does anybody have one for sale that would work on my machine?
Does anybody know where to get one?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »

The clear keys are pretty hard to come by, but you'll need to find out if your machine needs a game specific key or one of the universal keys which, again requires more knowledge of these machines than I have. They're pricey in either case although there are a few people who have them
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

Here is a photo of a "EL" key

* 100_1203.JPG (1065.33 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 316 times.)
lindam1

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

You must use an EL Key to reset the machine if it locks up with credits on it. I have contacted a friend of mine who has a few to see how much he wants for one. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me.  Lindsay

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.