Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 2209
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 2209  (Read 6723 times)
ronster
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »

:61-I have a Bally model 2209, the handle will not release to start the game. Any suggestions?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

Hello  NLG Welcome
What does the win meter showing for code numbers? Have you had this machine for a while or something new you just picked up? If the machine has been sitting for a while, the first thing I would do is to reseat all the connection on the inside circuit boards. Those plugs can be causing your problem. Be careful with the ribbon cables pins they bend easily. Post pics of the machine in question. The more information you can give us the better.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
ronster
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »

Thanks Gary. It is a machine that belongs to my friend. I am very good about figuring out mechanical and electrical things, but I want to be very cautious when working on someone elses equipment.
What do you mean by the meter, and resetting the connections? It has not been used for a year or two because all of the sudden the handle will not pull down after the coin is inserted.
Thanks much
Ronster
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »

On the front of the machine is a win meter. Those will show code errors as well as coins played and winning jackpots paid. As for checking the connections they are on the inside of the machine. The circuit boards are located on the side wall and back wall of the machine. The ones behind the reels are the MPU on the left. That board gives the machine it personality. The one on the back wall is the I/O and controls machine functions. On the back wall behind the coin hopper is a power supply board. Those are the circuit boards to check. Do you hear the handle release solenoid unlatch when a coin is inserted??

Gary

ronster
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »

That all makes sense. No I do not hear the solenoid release the lever. I suspect that the coin mechanism may be dirty or someone has deposited a bad coin or something of that nature. Should I start with the coin mech?
Thanks much,
Ronster
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

You can check the coin mech.. Do you know if you a mechanical coin mech or a coin compairator? Also check a to see if the coin switch wire is working correctly. That is located under the coin mech.. If the switch is not working correctly your not going release the handle solenoid when a coin is inserted.

ronster
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »

Not for sure which one. The machine is at least older than 1983. I see a service date sticker from 1983. I am not at the machine right now, but I will be taking a look at it later in the week.
Thanks much,
Ronster
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

Like I said earlier, pics help us in fixing your machine. We can see what you don't understand in pictures.
Gary

ronster
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »

Thanks again Gary, I will get some pics and follow up later.
Have a good one.
Ronster
ronster
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »

Gary,
I had a chance to look at the Bally 2209-32. I looks like the machine is dead except for the lights and cooling fan. The win meter is dark, when a coin is inserted, it does not trip the handle release solenoid, and when I manually release the handle the reels spin but do stop via the reel stop solenoid. I had another board, and changed it out, but it did not change anything. This is the  board on the back wall of the cabinet.
Thanks much,
Ronster

* Bally Slot Machine.jpg (1312.05 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 269 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »

you are chasing your tail at this point - you need to start at the beginning - what does the WIN METER display?  from there we can provide advise - just changing out boards?  first things first.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

I agree with you Barry. Please post some pics of the front door win meter and inside of the machine including the boards and reels and hopper. The more we can see the better. Were here to help you, but without your help with pics we may never get any where...
Gary

ronster
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »

I am a rookie at posting pics, so hopefully you will see this picture of the board on the back wall. At the top you'll see the a small grey wire that is unattached at one end. That looked suspicious to me.
I found a small manual in the bottom of the machine and to troubleshoot or diagnose a problem they refer to the win meter. The win meter has no display. It is completely dark.
When I insert a coin, it does not activate the lever/handle solenoid. If I manually release the handle, the reels spin, but do not stop for a couple of minutes.
Looks like no power is getting the the machine except for the lights, and cooling fan.
Thanks much,
Ronster

* Bally Slot Machine # 2.jpg (1057.16 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 264 times.)
ronster
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »

Here is a picture of the front of the machine. You can see that the win meter is dark. No power at the win meter. Could this be a board problem?
Ronster

* Bally Slot Machine # 03.jpg (1054.44 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 255 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »

okay - dark meter - make sure the meter is plugged into the top right of the mpu board (board to the left of the reel mechanism)
check the fuses located on the back of the machine behind the hopper.
check the power supply located to the right of the fuses - check the connector going to the right edge of the power supply - look for burning on the connector - reseat the connector.
ronster
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »

All of the  fuses are good, the ribbon wire is plugged into the MPU board like it is supposed to be. I did not check the power supply by the fuses. I will have to go back to my friends house to check on that.
Are these power supplies known to fail? I did not recall seeing any burning on the connector.
Ronster
ronster
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:57 PM »

If you can zoom in on the picture of the I/O board and look at the grey wire that is unattached at one end?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »

Ok... So the win meter is dark. Is the ribbon for it plugged in to the MPU board located on the left inside wall? I plugs into the top right corner of that board.

ronster
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »

Yes it is plugged in at the correct place. It has never been touched.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »

Get a DVOM and test the power supply as shown on this sheet.

* Bally Power supply.jpg (1126.82 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 278 times.)

One step at a time.
ronster
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »

Thanks, will do.
computerguy2
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 12:58:44 AM »

Hi...I just purchased a 2209 and the glass and reels don't match.  Would it be possible to take clearer pictures of your top glass, reel glass and belly glass as well as a couple pictures of the reels.  I want to restore the machine to its original state.  Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.