Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  just got igt s-plus double diamond need help
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: just got igt s-plus double diamond need help  (Read 22820 times)
DAS33
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »

i just bought this machine at a auction not knowing if it worked got home plugged it in and everything lit up but it wont take coins or bills, and says 6 paid and 2 coins played, this is my first machine any help would be great!!!!
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »

Oh boy, where to start.

First does it do it's maiden spin of the reels when powered up?

Go to this link and use the guide to tell us what SS and SP chips are in there. After you are done, and you close AND latch the door, tell us if the display changes, and to what.
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

BTW, is this an upright or a slant top? And is the candle flashing and is so, what is it doing?
DAS33
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »

its an upright machine. ill check what chips are in there looks confusing but ill figure it out also when i open machine the number goes to zero then i shut it the reels go back to same spot everytime and the #6 and #2 appear again....and no it doesnt do a maiden spin when i turn it on
poppo

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »

Ok, actually that sounds good (except for the maiden spin).

Now look at the back of the coin comparator and make sure it has the same type of coin you are using.  See picture below. Then while you have the door open, press the little white button (bottom circle) and see if it puts a credit on the machine. If so, press the spin button with the door open.

* cc.jpg (337.71 KB, 554x623 - viewed 335 times.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:42:43 PM by poppo » Logged
DAS33
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »

i looked at the back, what am im looking for to tell me what kind of coin to use . when i tried to put a coin in it got stuck right up top i can see the top of the coin?
poppo

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:49:15 PM »

i looked at the back, what am im looking for to tell me what kind of coin to use . when i tried to put a coin in it got stuck right up top i can see the top of the coin?

Click on the picture above. You can see that I have a quarter in there. You need to be playing the same type of coin that is in the comparitor.  So if it has a token, you need to play using tokens of the same type/size.

The comparitor snaps out (see the 4 plastic clips), and you can unjam any coins stuck in it. Pull it out from the bottom first, if there are coins up to the top.

If you can take a picture, just attach it to the post.
DAS33
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »

there is no coin there what do i do put one there?when i hit the white button the coin didnt drop but i could spin the reels
poppo

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »

there is no coin there what do i do put one there?when i hit the white button the coin didnt drop but i could spin the reels

Ok, that is good (that it spins). Is it a 25 cent machine? If so, stick a quarter in there like in the picture above.

And what coin didn't drop? If there is one jammed in the entry slot you need to get it out first.
DAS33
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »

yes its a 25cent machine i got compariter out does quater just slide in behind or do i have to take something apart nevermind i figured it out it slides
poppo

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:42 AM »

yes its a 25cent machine i got compariter out does quater just slide in behind or do i have to take something apart

Ok, first, you need to insert one on the back like in the picture above. That arm is sping loaded and you can slide it to the right to insert one.

But you indicated that you had a coin stuck in the slot (where you would put one in to play). Is that correct? If so, you should be able to fish it out with the comparitor removed.
DAS33
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:33 AM »

i got the quarter out... put one in the compariter and it worked i think im good all errors cleared what about the bill reader is that a hard fix by the way thanks for all the help ive been trying to figure this thing out for 3 days now... i feel like i owe some money...lol
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9ybYjS8jOI&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/k9ybYjS8jOI&rel=0</a>

Watch this clip and you will see how the coin is installed.  ignore the rest of the video just see how it slides.
poppo

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:24 AM »

Ok, now for the BV. First, can you tell us what model it is. It should say DBV-145 or DBV-200 on the front.

Is the front bezel where you insert the bills lit up? Not the red LED you might see, but the yellow bezel.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

Looks like our posts crossed.  Congrats getting it going and K+ poppo
DAS33
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »

its a dbv-200-b123 face up
poppo

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 12:24:22 AM »

its a dbv-200-b123 face up

Ok, but is the bezel lit? If so, does it try to take bills? Also go back to that first link and tell us what the numbers are showing. It will be easier to give directions if we know what SP chip you have.

Also when you power up the machine, does the BV cycle? If so, check out this post and watch and listen to the videos and see if yours sounds like the normal one.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14959.msg128300#msg128300
DAS33
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »

it powers up when i turn it on but the bezel is not lit. and my reset button is not plugged in i followed the directions to find out the sp chip and relized the black white wire from button is not connected and i dont know where it plugs in at. this is the white button under the power switch the door pushes in when shut correct
poppo

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »

it powers up when i turn it on but the bezel is not lit. and my reset button is not plugged in i followed the directions to find out the sp chip and relized the black white wire from button is not connected and i dont know where it plugs in at. this is the white button under the power switch the door pushes in when shut correct

When it powers up does it sound like the normal video?

The self test button is a small white button to the left of the power switch (like shown in the link). Not the bigger cherry switch that you may have.

What we need to determine is if the BV is not enabled in the software, or if it's not enabling because it has a problem.
poppo

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:49:06 AM »

it sounds like the first video

Ok, that is good. But we still need to know what SP chip you have. We can look at the board, but you will still need to be using the self test button, so best to get familiar with it.

BTW, keep posting in this thread so we don't get lost.
DAS33
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG KEEPS LOGGING ME OUT HAD TO SET TO FOREVER ANYWAY IVE SEARCH FOR THIS TEST BUTTON I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT ANY WHERE NEAR THE POWER SWITCH
DAS33
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »

hold on i found it now let me figure this out it was on the back of the box
poppo

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »

If it's not like this (circled), it might be behind the power switch.

<edit> I see you found it.

* selftest.jpg (56.79 KB, 320x240 - viewed 560 times.)
DAS33
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »

i think this is what your looking for in the winne rs paid its blinking 4418 to 0 then in thecredits its 0932
poppo

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »

i think this is what your looking for in the winne rs paid its blinking 4418 to 0 then in thecredits its 0932

Great. You have a SP932.

Ok, so close the door and wait until it resets. Then open the door and press the self test button 2 times. You should have a 0 in the coins played and a 5_x displayed in the winner paid (x might be 0, 1 or 2). Now turn the jackpot key until you have a 9_x displayed in winner paid. It will either be 9_0 or 9_1. 9_0 means the BV is not enabled and you will need a set chip.

Attached is the PSR for the SP932

* SP932.doc (151 KB - downloaded 176 times.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:22:11 AM by poppo » Logged
DAS33
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »

i shut door and reset pushed button twice there were 0s across the board then turned jackpot key until 9 showed up now blinking 9 in winners paid ? is that right
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.