Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Trouble with IGT Red White and Blue slot machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble with IGT Red White and Blue slot machine  (Read 19128 times)
gtomike
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »

Hi everyone.I have a IGT red white and blue slot machine manufactured 5/95,model number B5136CFIW. I unplugged my machine for 15 months and when i plugged it back in I got the code 12 low battery light. I replaced the battery and got the code 61. When i pushed the white reset/menu button next to the interior on/off switch i got the 61-1 code but everytime i turned the jackpot/reset key on the outside it just went back to the code 61. Eventualy the interior reset quit dinging and wouldnt change the 61 code to 61-1.it didnt work at all. I got a reset chip,installed it and now there are no codes but my machine wont work at all. It lights up,but no spinning reels,nothing at all. Help!! what do i do now,i havent got a clue. How do i know if my circuit board is good or my chips?? When I installed the clear chip it did cycle through the numbers and go to 999 like the instructions said it would,when I put the game chip back in it didnt go to code 61 like it was supposed to.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

...when I put the game chip back in it didnt go to code 61 like it was supposed to.

Did anything come up on your display at all?
If not, pull out your MPU again with the power off !!!

Pull the SP chip back out of the socket
and check to see if there are any "folded-under" pins.
Also, check the pins on the MPU too.

If all the pins are straight then I would check the 6-wire Molex power connector that runs from
the power supply to the motherboard on the floor.

Then turn on the power again and see if the reels "stiff" when powered up?
Does the light behind the denomination sticker come on?
Are there any numbers on the display panel lit up?
If not, then check the fuses...
gtomike
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »

Must have had a loose plug,I checked everything like you suggested.All pins were fine on chip.The 6 wire plug at the bottom does look like it got a little hot at some point as its a little discolored at the second or third wire from the right. Put it back together and the reels moved when I powered it back up,got my code 61 and followed the reset instructions.It works!!! No luck on the bill validator though.It wasnt working for a few years anyways,I tried the chip for the validator but thats another forum area.I will try to troubleshoot that also,its a dbv 200
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »

I got a reset chip ,installed it and ...

A little info for you and others...

A Clear chip is what you use to clear the memory
and get it back to factory settings.
A SET chip is a program that basically allows one to set the machine denomination
and enable the bill acceptor.

Up on the right-hand side of an S+ is what we call the "Reset" keyswitch or "Jackpot Reset key.
It's dually used for resetting the machine from a Jackpot
or switching between "pages" in the Options Settings.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:08:31 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »

You can post your bill validator troubles here and we'll help you. No need to post in a different section. Did you enable the bill validator with a SET chip?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
gtomike
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:36 PM »

Yes I did. It worked when I first got the machine but it just quit working a few years ago. I have no idea what to check or where to start with the troubleshooting. Its a DBV 200-B023   V2.40-04-03       It doesnt cycle and the lights dont light up on the door anymore
The plugs and pins look good and the fuses appear good too
I used the set chip and got all the codes,set the denomination and got the 9-1 code
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »

I used the set chip and got all the codes,set the denomination and got the 9-1 code

There's no such thing as a "9-1" error code on an S+.
gtomike
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »

9-1 code shows bill validator is set and ready or on
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »

Are you talking about the "Option Settings" ?
If so, then check your bill acceptor's P.S. and harness.

If you have a multimeter, there should be reading near 12.84Vdc on the green and blue wires while in "idle" mode.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:41:40 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »

He never said "error code", Mark.   propeller

You said that the validator never cycles -- are you saying that even on power up it doesn't make any noise?  Regardless of the status of the machine, the validator should attempt to home the stacker box (the "cash can") and should make some noise when the machine is powered on.  Can you tell us if it does or not, so we can go from there?  Thanks!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
gtomike
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »

It doesnt make any noise at all,doesnt even attempt to work.It did work the first 2 years i had the slot machine and one day,the light on the acceptor was out and it never worked again.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »

If it never makes any noise, you can discount any machine settings as being the issue. I'd start with the power supply (it's a rectangular black plastic box with vents attached to the left side of the cash can enclosure). Do you have a multimeter you can test voltages with as Mark suggested in reply #8 above?

gtomike
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »

Thanks,i will check voltages and see if power supply is the problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.